• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yankeehater said:
I think the Tigers would be a tough out for either the Yankees or Red Sox. Facing JV twice in a 5 game series would be very scary.
And after Sabathia, who do the yanks have? Tigers have a really good chance against them. Win first game with Verlander, then beat either Colon or Nova or Garcia or Hughes doesn't sound too hard.

Sanjuro

mernst23 said:
Al Central Versus Probable playoff teams:

Detroit
Texas: 6-3
NYY: 4-3
Bos: 1-5

Cleveland
Texas: 1-6
NYY: 3-5
Bos: 6-4

White Sox:
Texas: 2-3
NYY: 2-6
Bos: 4-2
Regular season = Postseason? Interesting.

Sanjuro

I mean sure the central has the one real race left in MLB. I don't see Chicago sticking around, so I think it will be primarily Cleveland scratching at the Tigers for the remainder of the season.

Back on the constant MVP talk. Detroit wins, I want to give Verlander both the CY Young and MVP. He is just that good.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I mean sure the central has the one real race left in MLB. I don't see Chicago sticking around, so I think it will be primarily Cleveland scratching at the Tigers for the remainder of the season.

Back on the constant MVP talk. Detroit wins, I want to give Verlander both the CY Young and MVP. He is just that good.
Hey he definetely deserves some votes. I also think Asbrudal Cabrera deserves some votes 2. A top 10 finish for his stellar year helping the Indians to be a contender this season.

Sanjuro

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Hey he definetely deserves some votes. I also think Asbrudal Cabrera deserves some votes 2. A top 10 finish for his stellar year helping the Indians to be a contender this season.
I would give him a vote for going through life with that name alone.

Well if the Tigers do actually want to hold the Tribe back Leyland needs to wake the fuck up. Verlander could pitch Sunday against them since there is a day off in between but right now Leyland has him on Monday against the Rays.

Also stop resting guys who are hitting like Betemit who is hitting over 300 since joining the Tigers. Send Raburn down to Triple A, use DK only when you really have to.

JV has a lot of pressure on him since their rotation is so terrible, Max can pitch well but not consistent. Porcello has been a joke this season except for the month of July. #LOLBradPenny and they should bring Delow back into the rotation once more or give Turner another shot even if it's too soon.

/rant

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
Well if the Tigers do actually want to hold the Tribe back Leyland needs to wake the fuck up. Verlander could pitch Sunday against them since there is a day off in between but right now Leyland has him on Monday against the Rays.

Also stop resting guys who are hitting like Betemit who is hitting over 300 since joining the Tigers. Send Raburn down to Triple A, use DK only when you really have to.

JV has a lot of pressure on him since their rotation is so terrible, Max can pitch well but not consistent. Porcello has been a joke this season except for the month of July. #LOLBradPenny and they should bring Delow back into the rotation once more or give Turner another shot even if it's too soon.

/rant

Turner's on an innings limit that he's pretty close to hitting. I agree he should be in the rotation though. The race is too close to not be using your best rotation. Stick Penny in relief or something.

The most frustrating thing for me this season has been Leyland's lineups.

Jackson should be batting 8th at best. He should be our #9. 34 leadoff strikeouts and an leadoff OBP of .262. Wonderful

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Why don't you think chicago will stick around? They are playing their best baseball over the past.couple weeks without signs of slowing down. They have struggled all season at home but are a win away from winning their second series at home in a row in as many attempts (baby steps bro). The sox have owned the tribe this season and have quite a few games left against them.

The sox also have a top 5 AL position player and pitcher this season.

turnbuckle

cuevas said:
Why don't you think chicago will stick around? They are playing their best baseball over the past.couple weeks without signs of slowing down. They have struggled all season at home but are a win away from winning their second series at home in a row in as many attempts (baby steps bro). The sox have owned the tribe this season and have quite a few games left against them.

The sox also have a top 5 AL position player and pitcher this season.

Yeah, I'm far more concerned with the Sox than the Tribe. I was hoping Cleveland would've pulled out the victory last night, and I'm the last person I'd expect pulling for the Indians.

eznark

Banned
cuevas said:
You had to have seen the other run differentials when you posted that...

Yup, but I am far less concerned with the run differentials of teams in front than the chasers, especially when you have two to leap.

Not saying it can't be done or anything, just a reason that I don't love their chances. I think they are playing better than their record.

Though my buddy did just do a great write up on how skewed the Brewers run differential as compared to other NL Central teams is based on interleague scheduling differences, so maybe there is some of that in there.

turnbuckle said:
Turner's on an innings limit that he's pretty close to hitting. I agree he should be in the rotation though. The race is too close to not be using your best rotation. Stick Penny in relief or something.

The most frustrating thing for me this season has been Leyland's lineups.

Jackson should be batting 8th at best. He should be our #9. 34 leadoff strikeouts and an leadoff OBP of .262. Wonderful

If Jackson wasn't the stellar CF he is he'd be completely useless. The guy strikes out at least three times a game it seems. While Granderson is over 30 long balls. padnmpaindiaspidh

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
If Jackson wasn't the stellar CF he is he'd be completely useless. The guy strikes out at least three times a game it seems. While Granderson is over 30 long balls. padnmpaindiaspidh

And he'd still be batting leadoff if he was in Detroit because everyone knows Center Fielders = Leadoff Hitters.

Dragon

Banned
Francona continues to amaze, starting Darnell McDonald when he clearly cannot hit, no matter whether it's against lefties or righties. Oh yay he has 4 homers in 80 at bats against lefties but also has 16 strikeouts. He sucks. STOP PLAYING HIM. AND SERIOUSLY STOP PUTTING HIM SIXTH IN THE LINEUP.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
TheBranca18 said:
Francona continues to amaze, starting Darnell McDonald when he clearly cannot hit, no matter whether it's against lefties or righties. Oh yay he has 4 homers in 80 at bats against lefties but also has 16 strikeouts. He sucks. STOP PLAYING HIM. AND SERIOUSLY STOP PUTTING HIM SIXTH IN THE LINEUP.
well to be fair, i think the red sox have more than enough offense to make up for him playing. But yeah 6th...

edit: looks like he has good numbers vs. Lefties in his (short) career anyway.

329 PA vs. LHP 112 wRC+

Sanjuro

Yeah, he is good against lefties. He hasn't had much plate appearances this season either. Still wish we had another bat off the bench.

Windu

Crawford vs. LHP 1721 PA, 82 wRC+
Salty vs. LHP 413 PA, 54 wRC+
Aviles vs LHP 391 PA, 111 wRC+

so i guess not a bad idea to hit him 6th after all. You could make a case for having Salty and Crawford bat in the last two spots. Of course, besides crawford those samples are really not that big.

bluemax

Banned
eznark said:
How is it possible you missed his post like three down where he says it was a joke?

Hyperbole to exaggerate the fantastic run the Brewers are on.

In my defense I was on my phone.

DoctorWho said:
I'm hoping AA dismantles the bullpen next year. Twenty blown saves is what is holding the Jays back from being in the playoffs this year. Even a decent closer/setup man could get them over the hump. If the hitters stay consistent and healthy I could see us taking the Wild Card next year.

I'm hoping Drabek can turn it around for next season so the Jays at least don't have to look for starting pitching. We should have enough talent in the system to keep us stocked for a little while.

Second Base is the big question mark for the team on offense. Jays need to move Hill and figure out what they are doing with Snider.

If only the Blue Jays had a guy like Brandon League.

bluemax said:
If only the Blue Jays had a guy like Brandon League.
200 innings > 70

DoctorWho said:
I lol'd.

League and dare I say Gregg would have helped us this year. Fucking Gregg.
it's a lost year who cares.

although 20 blown saves make me think that a good closer is worth more than 2.5 WAR a year.

let's trade Rajai Davis for Drew Storen

So if you were threatened with being raped rawdog by Roberto Alomar, and you were forced to choose a pitcher - who would you rather have between AJ Burnett and John Lackey?

Windu

captmcblack said:
So if you were threatened with being raped rawdog by Roberto Alomar, and you were forced to choose a pitcher - who would you rather have between AJ Burnett and John Lackey?
retarded dudes always seem to fight well, so i choose lackey.

JaskoX1

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

How can you say that when they will likely be ahead of the Indians in the standings after tonight?

Sanjuro

JaskoX1 said:
How can you say that when they will likely be ahead of the Indians in the standings after tonight?
Because I'm not actively staring blankly at the standings. I just don't think Chicago is a very good team.

bluemax

Banned
The Mariners completed the Doug Fister trade today by acquiring Chance Ruffin from the Tigers.

Sounds like a reliever with a plus fastball, and a good slider and no control. Huzzah!

Sanjuro

Just ate seven hot dogs today, Mustard, Coney Sauce, Onions, and Celery Salt. Finished in under four minutes. Proceeded to go to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls.

Like a boss.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Just ate seven hot dogs today, Mustard, Coney Sauce, Onions, and Celery Salt. Finished in under four minutes. Proceeded to go to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls.

Like a boss.

Baller!!!!

Bread

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Like a boss.
Ketchup/mustard/relish is a delicious combo, don't hate.

lazybones18 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIbUo1F2C4#t=0m7s

eznark

Banned
I'm sure he will come back and this doesn't mean anything etc., but man watching Strasburg get shelled at single A was tough to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom