• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Is it time to pull out the lifelong avatar just yet?

2a83yw8.jpg

JaskoX1 said:
Fuck you, random Sox fan saying Hafner needs juice. you guys gave Adam Dunn 65 million this offseason.
You wouldn't have found a single person in baseball to say it was a bad signing before the season started.

JaskoX1

Banned
cuevas said:
You wouldn't have found a single person in baseball to say it was a bad signing before the season started.
Don't be salty because you gotta watch Adam Dunn for 162 games. I would be pissed to.

JaskoX1 said:
Don't be salty because you gotta watch Adam Dunn for 162 games. I would be pissed to.
I hate him just as much as the next guy but I wouldn't include this in the bad signings that kenny has made. Big time bust but not a bad signing.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
A guy has to be a pretty big jack ass for me to be happy the fucking White Sox beat his team, but this guy is a huge dickhead. I'm glad as hell the Indigenous Persons lost.

Lambtron said:
A guy has to be a pretty big jack ass for me to be happy the fucking White Sox beat his team, but this guy is a huge dickhead. I'm glad as hell the Indigenous Persons lost.

You can laugh at him for giving up not only a HR to Juan Pierre but a walk off single to him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Mike Stanton hit his 50th career bomb last night. He's still only 21. Pretty absurd to think about how good he could end up being. Yankees will end up signing him before he even hits his peak.

Maxim726X

darkside31337 said:
Mike Stanton hit his 50th career bomb last night. He's still only 21. Pretty absurd to think about how good he could end up being. Yankees will end up signing him before he even hits his peak.

Freddy should start saving those pennies now... He would be a perfect fit for Citi.

verbum

Right now the Giants remind me of the Braves last August- injuries left and right, wins becoming scarce, and we still got a wildcard. Hopefully that does not play out this year for the Giants. It will be real nice to win one more (if not both) of the remaining games.
Then the Diamondbacks, they are looking good. If the Braves should happen to lose in the first round, I think the Diamondbacks and Brewers would be a good match-up. But the damn Phillies are like the elephant in the room.
If the Braves win the wildcard, who would they play first?

verbum said:
Right now the Giants remind me of the Braves last August- injuries left and right, wins becoming scarce, and we still got a wildcard. Hopefully that does not play out this year for the Giants. It will be real nice to win one more (if not both) of the remaining games.
Then the Diamondbacks, they are looking good. If the Braves should happen to lose in the first round, I think the Diamondbacks and Brewers would be a good match-up. But the damn Phillies are like the elephant in the room.
If the Braves win the wildcard, who would they play first?

I believe that if the WC is from the same division as the overall #1 team, then that team plays the division winner with the worst record. So it would be D-backs Phils, and Brewers Braves. D-backs look legit to me. I would be worried about the Phils having to open with them.

Damn so many rookies called up this seasonn are producing for their teams. Brett Lawrie is killing it, Jennings is hitting, Freeman is hitting, Kimbrel is saving, etc.

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Damn so many rookies called up this seasonn are producing for their teams. Brett Lawrie is killing it, Jennings is hitting, Freeman is hitting, Kimbrel is saving, etc.

Dont forget Worley, dude has been great this year.

I feel bad for the Marlins, all the other teams either have their act together, or atleast seem to be headed in the right direction. The Marlins are fucked.

Sharp

yankeehater said:
I feel bad for the Marlins, all the other teams either have their act together, or atleast seem to be headed in the right direction. The Marlins are fucked.
But the Marlins just got a new stadium!

eznark

Banned
yankeehater said:

I feel far worse for the Blue Jays, personally. They have so much talent, run the ball club the right way and yet have no realistic shot at being competitive any time soon. Being in that division is the worst.

eznark said:
I feel far worse for the Blue Jays, personally. They have so much talent, run the ball club the right way and yet have no realistic shot at being competitive any time soon. Being in that division is the worst.

I actually think that the Blue Jays are really close to being able to compete in that division. They add a few pieces this offseason and I could see them winning the East next year. I have been really impressed by them the few times I have seen them this year. I guess the big question for them is do they spend money this offseason on bringing in more pieces?

yankeehater said:
I actually think that the Blue Jays are really close to being able to compete in that division. They add a few pieces this offseason and I could see them winning the East next year. I have been really impressed by them the few times I have seen them this year. I guess the big question for them is do they spend money this offseason on bringing in more pieces?

I'm hoping AA dismantles the bullpen next year. Twenty blown saves is what is holding the Jays back from being in the playoffs this year. Even a decent closer/setup man could get them over the hump. If the hitters stay consistent and healthy I could see us taking the Wild Card next year.

I'm hoping Drabek can turn it around for next season so the Jays at least don't have to look for starting pitching. We should have enough talent in the system to keep us stocked for a little while.

Second Base is the big question mark for the team on offense. Jays need to move Hill and figure out what they are doing with Snider.

eznark

Banned
yankeehater said:

There isn't the free agent pitching available this off-season that will allow them to compete. I can definitely see the Yankees tailing off a bit next year, but what makes you think they can close a 15-20 game gap with the Red Sox?

True, they can probably compete for the Wild Card but that wasn't really my point. I almost feel like the push to get more playoff teams is a sop to the owners in the AL East, who must be constantly bitching to Selig.

I think they are close due to them having 20 blown saves, if they only had half that amount thy would be 3 games out of first. I know Madson ill be a free agent this year, I havent looked to see if any other closers wll, but they Jays shoul sign him. Only one blown save this year for the Phils. Plus the are always bullpen gs ailale, even if no closers. I would think that the Jays have the least holes of any non-playoff team this year.

yankeehater said:
I think they are close due to them having 20 blown saves, if they only had half that amount thy would be 3 games out of first. I know Madson ill be a free agent this year, I havent looked to see if any other closers wll, but they Jays shoul sign him. Only one blown save this year for the Phils. Plus the are always bullpen gs ailale, even if no closers. I would think that the Jays have the least holes of any non-playoff team this year.

And a lot of money to work with if they choose. I wouldn't break the bank signing guys but they have enough room to get what they want.

mernst23

cuevas said:
ChiSox vs BoSox first round, let's go yankees!

Chicago would get ny though right?

As the standings are now, AL Central winner is like 95% probably going to play AL East winner barring a sustained Rangers losing streak that the Al Central leader overtakes. Detroit is 5.5 GB of Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom