• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsior

Dmncnby2k9 said:
And after Sabathia, who do the yanks have? Tigers have a really good chance against them. Win first game with Verlander, then beat either Colon or Nova or Garcia or Hughes doesn't sound too hard.
Yeah Yankees rotation is not built for the playoffs, need to give the yanks 5 innings and the bullpen can pitch the rest though this playoff.

Buehrle has got to be cashman's number one priority this offseason

Malo

Banned
Celsior said:
Yeah Yankees rotation is not built for the playoffs, need to give the yanks 5 innings and the bullpen can pitch the rest though this playoff.

Buehrle has got to be cashman's number one priority this offseason
Lol no.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They really should stop showing the Stephen Drew injury on television, or at least it should be totally censored out because that is still disgusting to see.

Also not a chance in hell Mark Buerhle ends up on the Yankees next season. White Sox, Cardinals or Retirement.

2Crisis

darkside31337 said:
They really should stop showing the Stephen Drew injury on television, or at least it should be totally censored out because that is still disgusting to see.

Also not a chance in hell Mark Buerhle ends up on the Yankees next season. White Sox, Cardinals or Retirement.

Jeese yea, I didn't see it originally and didn't realize it was that nasty. Complete 180 of his foot.

Post-DL Jeter is best Jeter.

sangreal said:
Someone please explain to me and Mo how the fuck that was a HR

It looked like it hit the top of the first wall, but didn't go over the little screen behind it. What's the home field HR rule?

sangreal

SuperMalo said:
What happened? I'm not watching the game.

At the Royal's park, the top of the wall turns into a little fence with a railing above the padding. Someone hit a ball off the top of the padding which bounced back onto the field and the umpires called it a HR and upheld it on review.

According to mlb.com (and everyone but the umpires), there are no ground rules unique to the stadium meaning the ball has to clear the wall

Billy's HR bounced off a railing in the seats just inches behind the top of the outfield wall. Jirardi and every Yankees fan on twitter were upset because they were unfamiliar with the Kaufmann Stadium architecture and thought it bounced off the outfield wall itself.

Also, Jirardi forgot that Billy Martin got HR overturn privelidges permanently rescinded in KC with that pine tar bullshit in 1983.

andthebeatgoeson

darkside31337 said:
Goldschmidt!

Phillies are phonies. DBacks are the most legit team in baseball. Get on the bandwagon.
I'm sure ur right...

BTW, love MLB.TV. Definitely a buy yearly. Fuck u, Comcast.

Any other user explain if NexDef is slowing me down? Stopped using it.

Duane Cunningham said:
Billy's HR bounced off a railing in the seats just inches behind the top of the outfield wall. Jirardi and every Yankees fan on twitter were upset because they were unfamiliar with the Kaufmann Stadium architecture and thought it bounced off the outfield wall itself.

Also, Jirardi forgot that Billy Martin got HR overturn privelidges permanently rescinded in KC with that pine tar bullshit in 1983.

Have you been holding a grudge about that for 27 years?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
skinnyrattler said:
I'm sure ur right...

BTW, love MLB.TV. Definitely a buy yearly. Fuck u, Comcast.

Any other user explain if NexDef is slowing me down? Stopped using it.

Can't win em all!

MLB.tv is the greatest thing ever made. I never knew NFL Sunday Ticket was so expensive until I saw the blog post over at playstation. Makes me think MLB.tv is an utter steal.

I stopped using NexDef too on my old computer. It works fine on my new one and I'll never figure out why.

Wow no one in the tigers rotation or bullpen can field. Valverde is about to fuck up his stats!

Time for a triple play since all the cool kids are doing it.

Hahaha nvm fuck me.

beast786

Square Triangle said:
Wow no one in the tigers rotation or bullpen can field. Valverde is about to fuck up his stats!

Time for a triple play since all the cool kids are doing it.

Hahaha nvm fuck me.

How hard is to field a freaking bunt. We gave 2 outs away.

weekend_warrior said:
Have you been holding a grudge about that for 27 years?

Nah, actually it's one of the cooler pieces of Royals history.

sangreal said:
nvm, not worth it.

Oh c'mon, I'm just dicking around. Here's an end of season spoiler: The Yankees still get to go to the post season (every year), and we'll come in last in the AL Central.

Now, when this team beats yours in the 2015 ALCS, then you can take what I say to heart.

Did this get posted already:

ATLANTA -- Giants closer Brian Wilson is expected to be sidelined for at least two days with inflammation in his throwing elbow, manager Bruce Bochy said Wednesday.

Wilson received the diagnosis from Dr. James Andrews during a Wednesday trip to the famed orthhopedist's office in Pensacola, Fla. Bochy said that Wilson felt some discomfort in his elbow Monday night, when he allowed three ninth-inning runs and blew a save opportunity in the Giants' 5-4 loss to Atlanta. Bochy added that Wilson still didn't feel right Tuesday, prompting his visit to Andrews, who performed Tommy John elbow surgery on the right-hander in 2003.

Malo

Banned
sangreal said:
At the Royal's park, the top of the wall turns into a little fence with a railing above the padding. Someone hit a ball off the top of the padding which bounced back onto the field and the umpires called it a HR and upheld it on review.

According to mlb.com (and everyone but the umpires), there are no ground rules unique to the stadium meaning the ball has to clear the wall
So the umps reviewed it and still got it wrong? Year of the umps indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom