• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkside31337 said:
Seriously Jays fans?

Two nobodies for a guy who was a 6 WAR player last season.

Johnson either accepts arbitration and they get a better player out of it than Hill, or he doesn't accept and they get compensation back for him. There is basically no risk.

I'm more upset about losing Johnny Mac than anything else.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oh I get it now. McDonald is one of those irrational team favorite players who are favorites for basically nothing they do on the field? He's like the Sam Fuld of the Jays?

darkside31337 said:
Oh I get it now. McDonald is one of those irrational team favorite players who are favorites for basically nothing they do on the field? He's like the Sam Fuld of the Jays?

He made a speech when Alomar's number was retired. He's the team mascot and also a fantastic defensive SS. Mac has also been good in the clutch this season when he's played.

Fenix

darkside31337 said:
In that his value is entirely in defense and he's the nicest-bestest dude ever? Yes.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that he has the same name as our first Prime Minister, so like if Sam Fuld was named George Washington. $1M of value right there.

darkside31337 said:

McDonald is an awesome defensive SS. He's not much of a bat, though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm just glad that AA values draft picks and possible upgrades on the field more than he does veteran leadership or some of that romantic garbage that doesn't help you win games. Wish he was GM of my team.

darkside31337 said:
I'm just glad that AA values draft picks and possible upgrades on the field more than he does veteran leadership or some of that romantic garbage that doesn't help you win games. Wish he was GM of my team.

I get the reasoning. I'm just going to miss McDonald.

JABEE

Dmncnby2k9 said:
The Yankees, Dbacks, and Nationals are not the team that put the claim on Wandy.
#MysteryTeam is waiting in the wings! Amaro will get Ed Wade to pay 80% of Wandy's remaining salary.

Fenix

As pointed out on DJF comments, since Jeroloman was called up, who's playing 2B tonight then? Encarnacion? Lawrie?

Edit: Durr, forgot McCoy played for this team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wandy will basically have 3/36 for whoever picks him up not including all the money Wade will be shoveling their way.

What exactly would people expect him to get if he was on the open market? Because 3/36 is exactly what I'm imagining considering the contracts guys like Ted Lilly have gotten.

Whoever claims him might be able to work out a really damn good trade if the Astros pick up a significant chunk of the salary.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The jays could potentally have a team that could win the division next year if players bounce back as they should.

Brinbe

awww shit, just saw the news. *bows to AA* goddamn, he did it again!
KuGsj.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Starting Lineup: Fontenot ss, Keppinger 2b, Sandoval 3b, Huff 1b, Belt lf, Ross rf, Rowand cf, Stewart c, Cain p

....sigh.

bluemax

Banned
JaskoX1 said:
The entire Seattle Mariners coaching staff and half the roster once played for the Indians.

Now you know why they suck so bad.

But half of the Indians line up used to play for the Tacoma Rainiers!

sangreal

evil solrac v3.0 said:
begin the Coloning process... aw, hell! it ran out of steam didn't it?

eh, still take him over AJ. He has just been letting up a ton of homers lately, which I guess is to be expected from a 2-pitch starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom