• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

sf2fanatic said:
Thats gonna be your new closer next year..

Ethier is making it clear he doesnt want to be here..Dammit BoSox fans loving this because he wouldnt mind playing on the same team with his buddy Dustin..
If Kuroda had the team score at least 3 a game he have 4-5 more wins.

How you liking Guerra as the closer? I'm loving him, He has seen his days where his control is off and gets himself in trouble. But he doesn't put his head up his ass and shit himself like Ox normally does. So good...

rc213 said:
How you liking Guerra as the closer? I'm loving him, He has seen his days where his control is off and gets himself in trouble. But he doesn't put his head up his ass and shit himself like Ox normally does. So good...

I like him. Hes actually got more pitches to work with than Brox. A keeper for the team.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
I'm just disappointed in your apparent lack of caring about the Mets.

There was a distinct lack of input from you this past weekend when the Mets were getting absolutely clowned.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=14836

BPro added new player / team compensation sections to their website. Some of it is pretty spiffy.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/

Some fun stuff from the Mets.

fl9oC.png

S5DZD.png

We truly suck.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jraybay!

Code:
 A.J. Burnett	SP	 $16,500,000	 7.97%	 0.26	0.02	$62,536,006

another night another day but always you

CajoleJuice said:
I was away for a few days and my regular laptop also shitted out, ok?
Acceptable. In the future the inform the Tal'shiar of your activities.
eznark said:
There was a distinct lack of input from you this past weekend when the Mets were getting absolutely clowned.
Friday - thought like any sane person game was rained out.
Saturday - Had it as a night game, would've matter since I was out all day.
Sunday - See Saturday.

And if you're crowing about the Brewers beating this team, you're really desperate.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Friday - thought like any sane person game was rained out.
Saturday - Had it as a night game, would've matter since I was out all day.
Sunday - See Saturday.

And if you're crowing about the Brewers beating this team, you're really desperate.

Oh yes, incredibly desperate. It's ridiculously difficult finding reasons to be optimistic these days.

eznark said:
Oh yes, incredibly desperate. It's ridiculously difficult finding reasons to be optimistic these days.
Desperation takes many forms. This is desperation to troll, which makes no sense because if you wait long enough Mets at this point will probably give you a good reason to poke fun of them, as with other teams.

sangreal

I don't have much faith in advanced defense stats to begin with, but the notion that Curtis Granderson has no range (-9.2 UZR) really seems ridiculous. This is a common topic on RAB, but I am curious what MLBGAF thinks. This is destroying his fWAR

sangreal said:
I don't have much faith in advanced defense stats to begin with, but the notion that Curtis Granderson has no range (-9.2 UZR) really seems ridiculous. This is a common topic on RAB, but I am curious what MLBGAF thinks. This is destroying his fWAR

lolol stupid yankee troll -10 uzr doesnt lie lolololol

eznark

Banned
sangreal said:
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/curtis-grandersons-defense-and-his-mvp-prospects/

UZR shouldn't be included in WAR.

I think this is probably the big reason for the poor range ratings:

Since UZR compares players on a positional basis, Granderson’s low UZR might simply be the product of him not making the same number of plays as his fellow center fielders. Since poor left fielders flank many of them, they have more opportunities to improve their UZR scores by making plays in the left fielder’s zone. Granderson has no such opportunity. Gardner is responsible for those zones, and he typically makes the plays.

Wandy Rodriguez has been claimed on waivers by an unknown team. He still has $24 million due to him in 2012 and 2013, including a $12 million player option in 2014.

The Astros have the option of just dumping the contract to the team that claimed him.

ToxicAdam

The Indians were rumored to be getting Wandy before the deadline, but that could've just been the backup plan if Ubaldo Jimenez fell through.

eznark said:
The Diamondbacks have traded 2b Kelly Johnson to Toronto for 2b Aaron Hill and SS John McDonald.

WAT?!

I can't live without John McDonald on the Jays.

I wonder if they picked up Wandy too.

I don't quite get Kelly Johnson at all. Don't like his numbers. I'm hoping it's Wandy instead.

Edit: Wandy may have been claimed by the Nationals... fuck.

eznark

Banned
JABEE said:
Does that seem like a bad trade to anyone else?

Seems weird. Don't get the trade, don't get the desire to get first dibs on signing Kelly Johnson in the off-season and I don't get the timing.

Fenix

If the D'Backs can get Glaus to come back to baseball, they can have the 07 Jays infield!

AnEternalEnigma said:
Have you looked at Kelly Johnson's stats this year? He's been awful. Only hitting .207.
Aaron Hill is atrocious-ier this year, BA aside.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Have you looked at Kelly Johnson's stats this year? He's been awful. Only hitting .207.

I like the homerun number but other than that I don't see why AA wants him. I understood Rasmus, not this guy.

Fenix said:
If the D'Backs can get Glaus to come back to baseball, they can have the 07 Jays infield!

Aaron Hill is atrocious-ier this year, BA aside.

So we are trading shit for shit and giving up Johnny Mac on the side.

Meh.

Fenix

DoctorWho said:
So we are trading shit for shit and giving up Johnny Mac on the side.

Meh.
From what I remember, AA's wanted Johnson for a while now, unsure why. I believe he's a Type-B now, so it would have taken a comp pick to sign him. Get him now to avoid that, Hill is sure to accept arb if offered and PMoD is a FA after this year, so if they wanted to sign him (at 38 years old, remember), they can at no cost other than cash.

So, get what you want at a lower cost, I guess.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously Jays fans?

Two nobodies for a guy who was a 6 WAR player last season.

Johnson either accepts arbitration and they get a better player out of it than Hill, or he doesn't accept and they get compensation back for him. There is basically no risk.

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Have you looked at Kelly Johnson's stats this year? He's been awful. Only hitting .209.

Which of the two guys he traded for are honestly an upgrade?!

McDonald: 0.7
Hill: -0.5

Johnson: 1.6

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Seriously Jays fans?

Two nobodies for a guy who was a 6 WAR player last season.

Johnson either accepts arbitration and they get a better player out of it than Hill, or he doesn't accept and they get compensation back for him. There is basically no risk.
This is only worth it if they resign Johnny Mac in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom