• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Diamondbacks just lost 4-1 to the Nationals. D'Backs have now lost 6 in a row after winning 7 in a row.

Giants now only one game back in the NL West. L.O.L.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
The Diamondbacks just lost 4-1 to the Nationals. D'Backs have now lost 6 in a row after winning 7 in a row.

Giants now only one game back in the NL West. L.O.L.
NL Beast.

Sucks for constanza.

JABEE

ReturnOfTheRAT said:
Cubs field is cursed.

Edit:

Wrigley is cursed, but the actual field is killing our players tonight.
I remember when young Michael Bourn twisted his ankle on the bullpen mound while he was playing for Philadelphia in Wrigley.

Sharp

CajoleJuice said:
I'm disappointed in myself for even bothering to try a middle ground between you and Frankman.
To be fair to Frankman, he was getting squeezed pretty hard tonight according to PitchFX.

cashman

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
Eh minus that blown save on the home run. He and Koji better shape the fuck up before play-offs.
Adams' stats before tonight: 9.1 IP 10H 3ER 3BB 9K ERA 2.89

If that were a line from a starter that would be considered pretty damn good. Everything is a little bit magnified he left a terrible first impression and a walkoff, but I think both Adams and Koji will do fine.

PS: How's the working life?

edit: This fucking ump

cashman said:

If that were a line from a starter that would be considered pretty damn good. Everything is a little bit magnified he left a terrible first impression and a walkoff, but I think both Adams and Koji will do fine.

Man it's crazy busy. I worked 7 to 7 today. They tell me it's really quiet right now because orders are low due to the shitty economy. I am so fucking scared of "normal" business atm, because there is so much to do, and very little to do as it is.

I'm sure I will find work/life balance eventually. Between the gym and work, I normally get home at 730-8 at earliest right now. Hoping to whittle that a little lower over next 6 months. Thanks for asking!

If we make the playoffs, I am fucking going after missing last year due to school. NO GODDAMN EXCUSES THIS YEAR.

cashman

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
Man it's crazy busy. I worked 7 to 7 today. They tell me it's really quiet right now because orders are low due to the shitty economy. I am so fucking scared of "normal" business atm, because there is so much to do, and very little to do as it is.

I'm sure I will find work/life balance eventually. Between the gym and work, I normally get home at 730-8 at earliest right now. Hoping to whittle that a little lower over next 6 months. Thanks for asking!

If we make the playoffs, I am fucking going after missing last year due to school. NO GODDAMN EXCUSES THIS YEAR.
Oh wow, I guess the life of an engineer doesn't get any easier after college lol. I'm about to start to work on my biomedical engineering degree at UTD on Wednesday. I'm pretty scared/excited about the next 4 years of hard work, sleepless nights, and constant studying.

feels good.

28cm0c2.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As a Mets fan I can say that Dillon Gee is not very good.

Average stuff with really average results. He's basically the definition of a typical 4.50 FIP pitcher. That's kind of the definition of most of the guys in the Mets rotation.

cashman said:
Oh wow, I guess the life of an engineer doesn't get any easier after college lol. I'm about to start to work on my biomedical engineering degree at UTD on Wednesday. I'm pretty scared/excited about the next 4 years of hard work, sleepless nights, and constant studying.

Part of it is

1) I work for semiconductor industry.
2) I just took over a tool (it tests the wafers before they get shipped and packaged into the little ic's ect) that is over 25 years old from a guy a few weeks ago. There is so fucking much to learn it's incredible.

The thing uses a 16 bit computer that used to be program with punch cards ---> tape ----> floppies -----> Ethernet connection to server.

So I have an incredible learning curve to overcome. But I will be damned if it isn't interesting as fuck. I am where I should be.

Good win by the Rangers tonight. Let's get a few more.

darkside31337 said:
As a Mets fan I can say that Dillon Gee is not very good.

Average stuff with really average results. He's basically the definition of a typical 4.50 FIP pitcher. That's kind of the definition of most of the guys in the Mets rotation.
He reminds me of Rick Reed sans movement on his pitches and Bobby Jones w/o the control. The reason I like and intentionally overrate the kid is a) HE'S YOUNG AND SMART. There is no reason he cannot improve and b) Jones was a top prospect back then and Reed was a replacement player. Gee is somewhere in between where he doesn't really have much pressure on him, heck he can be a solid 4 or 5 (maybe a #3 if everything breaks well). No one has said he's going to be an ace-20 game winner here, and the extent of my man-love for Gee is saying he can win RotY if he can put a good streak of wins together.

Didn't watch the game but it sounded like his control was off and vs. that lineup in that park with his stuff, he can't expect to be successful. Gee seems to be tiring out now, but you don't automatically discredit his first 2-3 months and focus on his last month.

rc213

Meier said:
Who does Eovaldi have to blow to get some run support? I just absolutely loathe everything about the Dodgers these days. When are we going to blow these motherfuckers up?

The offense is honestly worse than I predicted at the beginning of the year and I called a terrible season that resulted in a losing record because of it. Three players on the team in double digit HRs with two of them at 12 and 10? It's ungodly. I can't even fathom that we're not last in the league.

My mind is full of fuck everytime I think about Barajas having more homeruns than Ethier.

Only bright spots have Kershaw, Kemp and Kuroda as far as the regulars go. Dee, Rubby, Guerra and Sellers as far as the rookies go for the year.

cashman said:

Thats gonna be your new closer next year..

rc213 said:
My mind is full of fuck everytime I think about Barajas having more homeruns than Ethier.

Only bright spots have Kershaw, Kemp and Kuroda as far as the regulars go. Dee, Rubby, Guerra and Sellers as far as the rookies go for the year.

Ethier is making it clear he doesnt want to be here..Dammit BoSox fans loving this because he wouldnt mind playing on the same team with his buddy Dustin..
If Kuroda had the team score at least 3 a game he have 4-5 more wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom