• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
eznark said:
I do. If you know a storm with knock-down power is coming and don't sleep in the basement, you are stupid. Well, his parents are stupid, the kid is unfortunate.

Can you please shut the fuck up with your ignorant bullshit? Not everyone has a basement in their house.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
sazabirules said:
Yeah it sounds like some of the casualties were from stupidity.

I'm sad this is going to be Jordan Zimmerman's last start of the season. He's our only starting pitcher that I like watching.

I like watching Lannan, even if he can only give you five good innings. None of them are big-time strikeout pitchers, which are the best to watch.

Sanjuro

I'm sure some Yankee fans would have a fake sincere look on their faces if Monday's headline was "Burnett feared lost after Gator-hunting in flood".

AnEternalEnigma said:
Can you please shut the fuck up with your ignorant bullshit? Not everyone has a basement in their house.

The kid that was crushed lived in a 2nd floor apartment, but I guess his parents should have dug a basement before the storm hit.

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:

The 11 year old in question was killed in an apartment building I believe. The parents are to blame for not moving the kid to safety. Earthquakes, tornadoes, fires...those are accidents and tragedies. We've known that this hurricane was coming for a week. The kid is unlucky, the parents are criminally stupid.

There are shelters throughout every city that we spend tax dollars on for just this purpose. There is no reason that kid had to die, and to blame Mother Nature is a cop out excuse meant to forgive the idiocy of the people caring for that kid.

eznark said:
The 11 year old in question was killed in an apartment building I believe. The parents are to blame for not moving the kid to safety. Earthquakes, tornadoes, fires...those are accidents and tragedies. We've known that this hurricane was coming for a week. The kid is unlucky, the parents are criminally stupid.

There are shelters throughout every city that we spend tax dollars on for just this purpose. There is no reason that kid had to die, and to blame Mother Nature is a cop out excuse meant to forgive the idiocy of the people caring for that kid.
I'm sure there isn't enough room in these shelters for everyone in the wind path of the hurricane. I remember hearing on the radio about at least one shelter in the NYC area filling up, and that was just for those mandatory evacuations due to storm surge.

Sanjuro

CajoleJuice said:
I'm sure there isn't enough room in these shelters for everyone in the wind path of the hurricane. I remember hearing on the radio about at least one shelter in the NYC area filling up, and that was just for those mandatory evacuations due to storm surge.
I'm with eznark. The probability of no effort being there is high. Relatives, neighbors, shelters, driving to a different location. Most people have been moronic enough to say "meh, hurricane / Let's have a hurricane party!".

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:

This was in Carolina, and high schools, big box stores and buildings with basements were all offering up shelter, I didn't hear of any over-crowding. Maybe it happened there too though. These folks were sitting at home watching tv. Apparently they were new to the area though, so maybe they have an excuse. Looking at that house they lived in though and that big ass tree next to it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's a dangerous situation. Apparently the neighbors disagree though, since they were sitting in there too. Dumb.

Anyway, enough of my complete lack of empathy, time for Greinkefest!

Most people have been moronic enough to say "meh, hurricane / Let's have a hurricane party!".

To be fair, that's probably exactly what I would have done if I didn't have a baby. I used to be the moron who'd run outside with a video camera during tornadoes. I accept my stupidity.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Joey Fox said:
I like watching Lannan, even if he can only give you five good innings. None of them are big-time strikeout pitchers, which are the best to watch.

I can enjoy Lannan or Livian when they're not in horrible mode. They're not consistent enough to be reliable.

Fenix

Things Tabler has said over the past couple of games:
"He can throw a lot more pitches today cause he's thrown a lot of changeups today, not the same stress on your arm as a fastball."
"He can throw 130-140 pitches today since he's been throwing a lot of fastballs, doesn't put much strain on your arm."

Shoot me.

Doytch

Price at 12 Ks through 5.
"He can throw a lot more pitches today cause he's thrown a lot of changeups today, not the same stress on your arm as a fastball."
Hilarious part is that Ashby said the exact opposite yesterday. That listeners shouldn't assume changeups are easy to throw, since a good one is thrown at the exact same arm speed. <3 radio feed with mlb.tv

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays are gonna make it 5.5 after it's all over today.

It's not too late to jump onto the Rays bandwagon. Nobody else from Florida is on it yet :(

Dragon

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Rays are gonna make it 5.5 after it's all over today.

It's not too late to jump onto the Rays bandwagon. Nobody else from Florida is on it yet :(

It's August 28th and they're six games behind the wild card. And even with Desmond Jennings channeling his inner Babe Ruth, they don't have a really good lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom