• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrbob said:
Why do you want the top seed so badly? Baseball is all about getting in, and then seeing who is hot.

Brewers have a better post season team this year than Philly, anyway. Regardless of which seed Milwaukee finishes at.

Your Brewers are 8 back in the loss column, champ.

That home record they have....

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Mrbob said:
Why do you want the top seed so badly? Baseball is all about getting in, and then seeing who is hot.

Brewers have a better post season team this year than Philly, anyway. Regardless of which seed Milwaukee finishes at.

Awfully big words there. Can't even see how you make that argument. Assuming the Phillies get some of their guys back healthy (mainly Rollins) they're at worst on par with the Brewers. The Brewers position players are marginally better than the Phillies, but the Phillies pitching staff still completely destroys the Brewers.

Anything goes in the playoffs of course, but regardless of who has HFA, the Phillies would still be pretty heavy favorites.

Mrbob

I don't think it matters. Brewers are +8 or something like that in the 2nd half of the year on the road. You can throw the early season struggles under the table at this point.

wfully big words there. Can't even see how you make that argument. Assuming the Phillies get some of their guys back healthy (mainly Rollins) they're at worst on par with the Brewers. The Brewers position players are marginally better than the Phillies, but the Phillies pitching staff still completely destroys the Brewers.

Anything goes in the playoffs of course, but regardless of who has HFA, the Phillies would still be pretty heavy favorite

Pitching = slight edge to Philly. Destroys is a strong word, and not even close. Gallardo, Marcum, and Greinke can all stack up against the Philly top 3.

Hitting = Big advantage Milwaukee

However the NL Central does have a tendency to choke come playoff time, so Philly has this advantage.

You can take the rest of the battling up with Eznark, though! I'm not even a Brewers fan and feel dirty talking about them in a positive light!

harSon

Banned
jakncoke said:
Oh shit didn't know the game was on. Not on foxsports.

If this is what we get out of middling AAers who've overstayed their welcome in our farm system, than we need to bring everyone over...

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
I don't think it matters. Brewers are +8 or something like that in the 2nd half of the year on the road. You can throw the early season struggles under the table at this point.

Pitching = slight edge to Philly. Destroys is a strong word, and not even close. Gallardo, Marcum, and Greinke can all stack up against the Philly top 3.

Hitting = Big advantage Milwaukee

However the NL Central does have a tendency to choke come playoff time, so Philly has this advantage.

You can take the rest of the battling up with Eznark, though! I'm not even a Brewers fan and feel dirty talking about them in a positive light!

Brewers bullpen >>>>>>>>>>>>> Phillies bullpen

And ya, I didn't even look at the loss column, how have the Phillies played that many fewer games??

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
All the imported Disney slaves will rejoice!
Disney slaves at the Bristol plantation would rejoice with a Boston WS win.

Sanjuro, how is the Boston radio feed? Debating whether to watch this game.

Sharp

McNei1y said:
Pretty exciting lineup for the nats tonight:

Desmond SS
Werth CF
Zimmerman 3B
Morse LF
Espinosa 2B
Nix, RF
Chris Marrero, 1B
Ramos, C
Ross Detwiler, SP
It's only exciting up to the point when Marrero's going 0-4 and we're down 8-3 in the bottom of the sixth.

ReyesBinghamton.png

Binghamton uni looks too much like the proposed new alternate uni next year.

McNei1y

Wilson Freaking Ramos connects and then the Ghost of Werth's Past appears and hits one opposite field. This could be a very exciting day. Keep it up Detwiler (and Strasburg) and hopefully Marrero gets a hit (or 3).

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
McNei1y said:
Wilson Freaking Ramos connects and then the Ghost of Werth's Past appears and hits one opposite field. This could be a very exciting day. Keep it up Detwiler (and Strasburg) and hopefully Marrero gets a hit (or 3).

Marrero is choking in his debut. He needs to relax.

McNei1y

sazabirules said:
Marrero is choking in his debut. He needs to relax.

People always talk about nerves getting to them in debuts but it really sucks in situations like that. I hope he makes up for it big time. Take a few deep breaths.

Damn, this third inning is getting worse and worse.

McNei1y

Sharp said:
Plenty of players have had great debuts, I don't buy the "nerves" thing.

I don't either but I don't doubt people have nerves and it could go either way. Same game, different atmosphere. Routine plays that he botched big time.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Disney slaves at the Bristol plantation would rejoice with a Boston WS win.

Sanjuro, how is the Boston radio feed? Debating whether to watch this game.
I'm at work now, but our radio broadcast is great. Joe Castiglione and Dave O'Brien usually.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Five perfect innings for Strasburg in Triple A tonight. Seven strikeouts. All the pitches are there.

Bring him up now.

Sharp

They won't bring him up without another rehab start because the Nats aren't playing at home on any of the days he'd be available.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:
They won't bring him up without another rehab start because the Nats aren't playing at home on any of the days he'd be available.

Nats are playing at home September 2nd.

Edit: OK I see it now. On a 5 day schedule he would pitch at the Braves.

Doytch

Looks like I'm gonna miss Strasburg pitching when I'm in DC. Got tickets to Saturday and Monday, but it looks like he's on track for Tuesday/Wednesday...

McNei1y

Is it worth it to spend 5$ on all the tickets just to see Strasburg since I didn't attend one last year? I really want to see him.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
McNei1y said:
Is it worth it to spend 5$ on all the tickets just to see Strasburg since I didn't attend one last year? I really want to see him.

I can get you in most likely. PM me if you're interested. Good seats.

McNei1y

Joey Fox said:
I can get you in most likely. PM me if you're interested. Good seats.

I normally just buy the 5$ ones and then just have some beers at the red loft / miller lite walk area since standing there is much better than sitting up top. I could be down though and may PM you when closer, thanks for doing that! My bro and dad share season tix ~20 games so whenever they go I just buy a 5$ and go with them. I really want to make sure I go see him pitch though. I was so mad I missed it last year.

Doytch

League-leading OBP numbers always make me laugh absurdly. Votto and Bautista reach base 45% of the time. They're on base nearly half the time they go to the plate. WTF. Boggle.

Bonds' 61% is comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom