• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
TheBranca18 said:
It's August 28th and they're six games behind the wild card. And even with Desmond Jennings channeling his inner Babe Ruth, they don't have a really good lineup.

I've seen a team with a 7 game lead on September 12th fail to make the playoffs. A 6 game lead on August 28th is far from insurmountable.

But that was the Mets and not the Yankees. :(

darkside31337 said:
I've seen a team with a 7 game lead on September 12th fail to make the playoffs. A 6 game lead on August 28th is far from insurmountable.

But that was the Mets and not the Yankees. :(
Hey, the Yankees surrendered a 3-0 series lead in the playoffs...

dmag1223

Well, the reds get over .500 mark by sweeping the nats, but I'm fully prepared for the 4 game sweep that the phillies are about to hand us. At least Dusty is trying out Alonso at 3rd tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Doytch said:
Hilarity: The Yankees scoring fewer runs in a doubleheader than either the Astros or Giants.

Bahaha, Astros take another lead. ALTUVE FUTURE. ALTUVE NOW.
This Astros lineup is fucking horrible. It really is a sub-5 million dollar lineup. And the Giants lineup is well, the Giants lineup. So many bad lineups rite now out there.

Doytch

This Astros lineup is fucking horrible. It really is a sub-5 million dollar lineup. And the Giants lineup is well, the Giants lineup. So many bad lineups rite now out there.
So Carlos Lee looked like he twisted his ankle. If he's out for the next game, the Astros are likely to start the following players:
Pitcher, Quintero, Downs/Wallace, Altuve, Paredes, Sanchez, Martinez, Schafer/Bourgeois, Bogusevic.

Humberto Quintero is making $1m this year, and everyone else is getting ~$400k. I said $5m as a bit of a joke, but I was over, $4m is closer.

That was a bit of a dirty play by Swisher, really made no attempt to stay near the bag on the slide.

cuevas said:
Why were you banned?

I requested it. Wanted to have a productive week, and asked to be banned so I wouldn't be tempted to sit around and post all day.

Edit: Oh wow, this team looks fucking dead. Someone must have slipped a Mickey in their gatorade.

Giants now 4.0 back of the D'Backs in the NL West, 8.5 back of the Braves in the NL Wild Card.

D'Backs' magic number to clinch down to 25, Braves' magic number down to 21.

Doytch

So ESPN's ratings are the true Irene casualties.

I'm actually watching SNB for the first time in at least a month though. (Until Breaking Bad starts.)

65REK.jpg

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
So ESPN's ratings are the true Irene casualties.

I'm actually watching SNB for the first time in at least a month though. (Until Breaking Bad starts.)
You had to mention Breaking Bad...you piece of shit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
NY GAFFOTS: has the MTA said anything about the subway in manhattan yet? i need to gets me to work tomorrow and i can't be doing none of this walking shit.

Doytch

Michael Young will have 100 RBIs and 20 HRs. He'll have driven in others 80 times! This means that he's a better baseballer than those with 100 RBIs and 40 HRs.

#bobbyvalentinewisdom

cashman

Banned
Enron said:
fuck baseball. its football season now.
They'll still have about a 75% chance to make the playoffs even with the loss. If the rangers keep first place in september 7th then they'll have a pretty good shot of Playing ball in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom