• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Mike Stanton has hit 30 HR as a 21-year-old.
Mike Stanton also leads the NL in defensive rWAR, and is third in the NL in DRS.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
League-leading OBP numbers always make me laugh absurdly. Votto and Bautista reach base 45% of the time. They're on base nearly half the time they go to the plate. WTF. Boggle.

Bonds' 61% is comical.

There is no one else worth shit in those lineups, why give them strikes? Braun/Fielder getting on at over 40% back to back? Sooooo good.

dmag1223

eznark said:
There is no one else worth shit in those lineups, why give them strikes? Braun/Fielder getting on at over 40% back to back? Sooooo good.
Lol.

Yay! Finally back at .500! Ok it's not that exciting, but I hope to catch the cards by the end of the year.

eznark

Banned
Apparently Price Fielder changed up his walk up music tonight.

1. Pink Floyd - Money
2. Akon - I'm So Paid
3. Money on My Mind

the hell??

Doytch

eznark said:
Apparently Price Fielder changed up his walk up music tonight.

1. Pink Floyd - Money
2. Akon - I'm So Paid
3. Money on My Mind

the hell??
This is awesome.

So is the Padres fan at Chase who just grabbed a fly ball from Justin Upton, and pointed at his Padres hat when Upton got mad. I only find this funny cause the DBacks are gonna win anyway.

ToxicAdam

IYBEXT74.jpg

Sal Fasano, AA manager of the year (Eastern League).

:bow :bow

Future Blue Jays coach!

Doytch

Yeah pretty much...I ran my regular 10 miles through the omfghurricane yesterday in NC. Kinda disappointed tbh. Pussy-ass nature.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Let us have our Katrina. Stop bringing us down. My yard is a tree branch holocaust...the humanity.

Tree branches are what killed a few of the casualties from Irene.

weekend_warrior said:
Hows the weather in Baltimore? Are we going to get these two games in?

Weather.com says there's not much chance of precipitation today.

Sanjuro

sazabirules said:
Tree branches are what killed a few of the casualties from Irene.

Weather.com says there's not much chance of precipitation today.
Oh for fucksake, stop looking for every statement to be proper. It's a hurricane. People are going to get hurt or worse. I'm looking at my backyard, there are tons of branches. Deal with it.

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
we've had noreasterns more powerful than this

That's what my wife just said. She said some of the winter storms while we were in Boston had 60mph+ winds. I wouldn't know, I was fall down drunk those years.

This season already has had a couple best ever episodes. Last week was one of them.
Yup. Fantastic return to form. When Larry told Doug Stein that he wanted his life to be *this* small I just nodded knowingly.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Oh for fucksake, stop looking for every statement to be proper. It's a hurricane. People are going to get hurt or worse. I'm looking at my backyard, there are tons of branches. Deal with it.

You sounded like you were making a joke in poor taste. I don't like it when people in my state were killed by trees and people are complaining about the storm being overhyped in your state.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
eznark said:
If you die in a hurricane it's from stupidity, not the hurricane.

I don't consider 11 year old boys who are sleeping in their house and get crushed stupid.

Enough of this though, there's baseball being played today.

eznark

Banned
sazabirules said:
I don't consider 11 year old boys who are sleeping in their house and get crushed stupid.

I do. If you know a storm with knock-down power is coming and don't sleep in the basement, you are stupid. Well, his parents are stupid, the kid is unfortunate.

Sanjuro

sazabirules said:
You sounded like you were making a joke in poor taste. I don't like it when people in my state were killed by trees and people are complaining about the storm being overhyped.
I didn't mention anything about a overhype. Is there a list of the people who died from stupidity yet? I'm sure that can account for several.

I don't doubt there are terrible things that happened to good people. I can only comment on what I see. I'm not foolish enough to go exploring. Instead I'm going to wait it out posting on GAF like a "CAVEMAN" from my cell phone.

eznark

Banned
My favorite was a CNN headline: Irene to blame for surfer's death!

No, the fucking idiot who went surfing in a hurricane is to blame for his death.

Doytch

Yeah I'll go ahead and say it: this storm was overhyped. And fuck off if you're gonna get your pants twisted. More airtime was spent on this in two hours across the country than the entire airtime spent on famines in Africa this year. Wah, some WASPs who live on the goddamn beach got their houses bruised.

Now then,
Desmond Jennings is a god.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I didn't mention anything about a overhype. Is there a list of the people who died from stupidity yet? I'm sure that can account for several.

I don't doubt there are terrible things that happened to good people. I can only comment on what I see. I'm not foolish enough to go exploring. Instead I'm going to wait it out posting on GAF like a "CAVEMAN" from my cell phone.

Yeah it sounds like some of the casualties were from stupidity.

I'm sad this is going to be Jordan Zimmerman's last start of the season. He's our only starting pitcher that I like watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom