• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
cashman said:
Adams and Feliz (and Uehara when he gets his shit together.) are extremely effective relievers that any team would love to have.

I was talking about the Feliz part. He's been ineffective this season. His struggles were the entire reason they paid a boatload in prospects to upgrade the pen in the first place.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:
I've been reading the last 2-3 pages and this is bull. Enron and sf2fanatic root for like 7 teams between them.

I thought the former was the Rangers fan and the latter was the every team on the west coast fan?

The Frankman said:
I've been reading the last 2-3 pages and this is bull. Enron and sf2fanatic root for like 7 teams between them.

Come on man!!! Dodgers are way too far back so its Angels. Heck trying to get a so cal team for the playoffs

darkside31337 said:
I thought the former was the Rangers fan and the latter was the every team on the west coast fan?

Never Root for the giants..

darkside31337 said:
the former also likes the Braves and used to root for the Astros (he denies it).
the latter rooted for the Rockies once, so that West Coast thing isn't true. Not to mention I think he was rooting for the Athletics when the Mets faced them.

Enron

Banned
The Frankman said:
the former also likes the Braves and used to root for the Astros (he denies it).
the latter rooted for the Rockies once, so that West Coast thing isn't true. Not to mention I think he was rooting for the Athletics when the Mets faced them.

Rangers/Braves here. I've already explained this like 10000 times

Thankfully, the Angels don't hit well enough to win the West. But the Rangers are in REAL trouble once the playoffs roll around :(

cashman

Banned
The Frankman said:
I don't watch a lot of NL games but I'm also a braves/reds fan

Enron said:
Rangers/Braves here. I've already explained this like 10000 times

Thankfully, the Angels don't hit well enough to win the West. But the Rangers are in REAL trouble once the playoffs roll around :(

Dont jinx them yet. Still got 3 left at the end of the season. AT least the last weekend will be watchable

cashman

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
Man angels have a pretty easy schedule to end of year. Rangers have a climb. A little worried
After September 7th the Rangers schedule gets way easier and the Angels have to play the Yankees at home and the blue jays on the road. If Texas is in first place on that date, then I feel pretty good about their chances.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah Rangers schedule is brutal. They have a bunch of games left with the Rays which are going to unfortunately all be losses for them.

e: And 1300+ posts later I am no longer a mere Junior. Cracking open a Modelo to celebrate.

cashman said:
After September 7th the Rangers schedule gets way easier and the Angels have to play the Yankees at home and the blue jays on the road. If Texas is in first place on that date, then I feel pretty good about their chances.

We have Rays, Sox @ home and Yankees. They get 4 games with the Loliners... >.<

The only two teams they have left to play w/ winning records are the Yankees and us.

I'd also like to note that I love the Rangers support this thread has gotten. Long overdue.

darkside31337 said:
Yeah Rangers schedule is brutal. They have a bunch of games left with the Rays which are going to unfortunately all be losses for them.

e: And 1300+ posts later I am no longer a mere Junior. Cracking open a Modelo to celebrate.
Now I can talk to you on equal footing:

Your avatar is a penguin...

possibly from a very questionable anime series.

Enron

Banned
cashman said:
I don't watch a lot of NL games but I'm also a braves/reds fan

Rangers/BravesGAF unite!

But seriously, no one can doubt my Rangers fandom chops. My favorite player as a kid was goddamned Pete Incaviglia. I mean COME ON.

The Frankman said:
Your avatar is a penguin.

possibly from a very questionable anime series.

You know, for the longest time I've had this suspicion that you and darkside are the same person....either that or darkside is trying REAL hard to mimic you

Enron said:
Rangers/BravesGAF unite!

But seriously, no one can doubt my Rangers fandom chops. My favorite player as a kid was goddamned Pete Incaviglia. I mean COME ON.
so as a kid you were a Texas Rangers, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Philadelphia Phillies, and Chiba Lotte Marines fan. Godddamn how many teams do you bandwagon?

Not to be a freaking creeper, but I wouldn't mind a group Rangers game. Maybe not this year, but it would be great to head out to the park and down a few beers.

I get super discounted tickets thanks to my university.

Enron

Banned
The Frankman said:
so as a kid you were a Texas Rangers, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Philadelphia Phillies, and Chiba Lotte Marines fan. Godddamn how many teams do you bandwagon?

lol

Pulling for the mid-80s Rangers was NOT bandwagonning! Neither was pulling for the 1989 Braves! Those teams were awful :<

The_Inquisitor said:
Not to be a freaking creeper, but I wouldn't mind a group Rangers game. Maybe not this year, but it would be great to head out to the park and down a few beers.

I get super discounted tickets thanks to my university.

I kinda want to move to Dallas. If that happens, I'll go to Rangers games like all Summer. Fave AL team for years, as you guys know.

cashman

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
I kinda want to move to Dallas. If that happens, I'll go to Rangers games like all Summer. Fave AL team for years, as you guys know.
Hey Vas, the Reds drafted and signed a high school team mate of mine this year. Keep a look out for Ty Washington! He probably won't pan out since he's a 43rd round pick but you never know

eznark

Banned
Sharp said:
My favorite AL team is the Brewers, I like their DH.

Just because Greinke is hitting bombs and stealing bases, he isn't a DH.

After all the cancelled games over the weekend, it seems like there should be way more day games.

Dragon

Banned
Sharp said:
He meant the fans.

I think it's pretty stupid to stop rooting for a team because their fans are assholes. I'm stubborn, I've liked the Red Sox for 21 years and I'm going to continue despite the pink hatters.

eznark said:
Just because Greinke is hitting bombs and stealing bases, he isn't a DH.

After all the cancelled games over the weekend, it seems like there should be way more day games.

I can't believe the Brewers are 27 games over .500 with a run differential of +60.

verbum

TheBranca18 said:
I can't believe the Brewers are 27 games over .500 with a run differential of +60.

As long as the regression starts the first of October, I'm happy to see them winning now. Especially since they get to play the Phillies (Braves fan here).

eznark

Banned
verbum said:
As long as the regression starts the first of October, I'm happy to see them winning now. Especially since they get to play the Phillies (Braves fan here).

Have you checked the Braves run differential lately?

ZeroRay

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
So he picked a team with no fans? Definition of a hipsterhat.

Hey brah, I ain't no hipster.

The Red Sox were my "AL team" particularly late in the season because the Marlins didn't do jack shit for a while. I wasn't kidding about the douchejerk part though, everyone counts, the players, fans and even that ugly mascot.

dmag1223

So I was watching sportscenter this morning, and they had Doug Glanville separating the NL MVP "contenders" vs. "pretenders". When Matt Kemp came up, He said "I know his team is struggling, but hes putting up a monster year, so hes a contender." Fair enough. Then Joey Votto came up and he said "Well, hes heated up in the second half, but his team has been inconstant, so hes a pretender".

Wat? Does anyone fact check this shit?

eznark

Banned
dmag1223 said:
So I was watching sportscenter this morning, and they had Doug Glanville separating the NL MVP "contenders" vs. "pretenders". When Matt Kemp came up, He said "I know his team is struggling, but hes putting up a monster year, so hes a contender." Fair enough. Then Joey Votto came up and he said "Well, hes heated up in the second half, but his team has been inconstant, so hes a pretender".

Wat? Does anyone fact check this shit?

It won't matter. Braun is effectively a lock at this point as long as he doesn't go into the tank in September. Unlike his ROtY award, this one he will deserve.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Who is the NL RoY?

Also, when does Reyes come back? He needs to start failing so Braun can win the batting title.

It has to be Kimbrel doesn't it? He leads in fWAR and if there was a year where a rookie closer actually deserved it, it would be this year.

Your only other choice is like Danny Espinosa?

eznark said:
Who is the NL RoY?
2v8mud1.jpg

Also, when does Reyes come back? He needs to start failing so Braun can win the batting title.
Reyes will bring being thrilling and exciting back today.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
It has to be Kimbrel doesn't it? He leads in fWAR and if there was a year where a rookie closer actually deserved it, it would be this year.

Your only other choice is like Danny Espinosa?

I was trying to think of any rookies with a lot of HR's or RBI's or stolen bases that writers would nut over. For some reason I forgot Stanton was up for so long last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom