• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsior

Win 1 against the A's and 2 against the O's is horrible.

Need a 2 out of 3 here to stay in the division race.

Also, the Yanks need the 40 man roster more then most teams.
Have 2 bench players and a short bullpen right now

JABEE

eznark said:
5 back with 4 games head to head? Ya, it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Phillies are 8 up in the loss column too and have played 5 less games. They are 5.5 up now. They definitely can come back, but if the Phillies cab continue to play solid for the rest of the season they should be good.

Malo

Banned
Celsior said:
Win 1 against the A's and 2 against the O's is horrible.

Need a 2 out of 3 here to stay in the division race.

Also, the Yanks need the 40 man roster more then most teams.
Have 2 bench players and a short bullpen right now
Hopefully they call up Montero.

dmag1223

I really thought the Reds would be a contender this year. Was it all due to pitching?

That and bad luck. We lead baseball in 1 run losses and walkoff loses, but we were still above .500 entering the game today. Also have +48 run differential, which is better than The D'backs, Giants, Angels, Cardinals, and Tigers, and only 12 behind the Brewers, even the though the records are drastically different. Baseball is just a funny game like that that.

DGTxJ.gif

Celsior

SuperMalo said:
Hopefully they call up Montero.
Probably will be:
Montero, Pena, Dickerson, Laffey, Noesi and a couple of garbage players

Marte and Fel are done for the season so that leaves a bullpen slot open for someone for the playoffs. Probably be Noesi.

Malo

Banned
Celsior said:
Probably will be:
Montero, Pena, Dickerson, Laffey, Noesi and a couple of garbage players

Marte and Fel are done for the season so that leaves a bullpen slot open for someone for the playoffs. Probably be Noesi.
I could see Phelps being called up and are they really done for the season? I saw that they made a rehab appearance in the minors.

richiek said:
OK I just got back home from school. Why the fuck are the Mets wearing their blue batting practice jerseys with black caps? Talk about a fugly combination.
For the second time this season, the Mets are wearing blue uniforms.

This time, though, it really is just their warm-up jersey.

On Aug. 5, for Fiesta Latina, the Mets trotted out new blue uniforms (pictured above), which they likely will make part of their regular rotation in 2013. The Mets are not allowed to wear the new uniforms for two seasons because they must be submitted to Major League Baseball by May of the previous season to become official. (Full explanation here.)

"These are our BP jerseys, which MLB permits the teams to wear in games," a team official said about the attire for Game 2 of Monday's doubleheader (pictured left). "Just mixing it up a little bit."

methodman

Banned
cabrera is pure fucking asscheeks.

the pitchers on this team are getting fucked over. lincecum gives up 1 run, he's already fucked. he's lost like 7 games giving up 3 runs or less, it's bullshit.

bigosc2k

Banned
Man fuck this game, I changing the channel and going to watch King of the Hill instead, ever since the Giants got Beltran they have become the Mets of the west

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so can we finally put the nail in the coffin for the giants? BP Playoff Odds finally say that the diamondbacks have the better chance and it will only go up after today. I know we still have a month left but looking at their offense and their run deferential etc....its over.

ToxicAdam

Windu said:
so can we finally put the nail in the coffin for the giants? BP Playoff Odds finally say that the diamondbacks have the better chance and it will only go up after today. I know we still have a month left but looking at their offense and their run deferential etc....its over.

Frisco still has 6 games left with the Diamondbacks. Probably have to wait until this weekend before you can call any race over.

I don't want to live in a world where Randy Wells can two-hit a two-time Cy Young winner and his defending World Series champion team.

Car-Flying-Off-Cliff-Car-Falling.jpg

rc213 said:
Kershaw with another great outing.

Cy Young right here, folks. Dude is unreal this season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm in the last week of the regular season going into the playoffs next week in my roto league.

I picked up Randy Wells because I figured the Giants would suck off of him. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would be this bad. I feel like a god, thanks a lot San Fran.

eznark

Banned
Anyone read Heyman's tortured article yesterday about post-season awards. He spends a paragraph talking about how Kemp is essentially ineligible for the MVP because his team is not in playoff contention...then gives Kershaw the Cy Young.

Get fucked.

Whats wrong with that? Cy Young is for best pitcher, and MVP is for the player who is most valuable to his team. MVP almost always goes to a player on a contending team, whereas many CY Youngs have gone to pitchers with bad teams.

eznark

Banned
The problem with that is that in the past he has also argued that pitchers have their own award and thus should not generally be considered for the MVP. Therefore, he considers the two awards to be awarding the same thing just for different positions. His argument is laughably inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom