• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Y2Kev said:
Yeah, I'll...blame my injured 2b for...not allowing you to get Montero?

Okay
Not letting the Yankees get Cliff Lee last year was easily worth the Mariners throwing away their future.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sharp said:
Not letting the Yankees get Cliff Lee last year was easily worth the Mariners throwing away their future.
It didn't end up mattering anyway. He's into younger teams. Younger teams in tougher divisions and such

Macattk15

Y2Kev said:
Yeah, I'll...blame my injured 2b for...not allowing you to get Montero?

Okay

Are you really that retarded? We wanted some 2B of yours in the minors along with Montero for Smoak .... deal was on ... kid didn't pass the medicals cause of his ankle .... Cashman wouldn't let us substitute someone else in ... deal was off.

Moron.

Y2Kev

Macattk15 said:
Are you really that retarded? We wanted some 2B of yours in the minors along with Montero for Smoak .... deal was on ... kid didn't pass the medicals cause of his ankle .... Cashman wouldn't let us substitute someone else in ... deal was off.

Moron.
Really.

really.

I'm so retarded I'm now talking about a Montero for Smoak deal. Gee. And not the shitty Dillon kind.

I always thought the M's front office was higher on Smoak because he was a switch hitter (Safeco kills righties) and played an actual defensive position?

Y2Kev

Ninja Scooter said:
I always thought the M's front office was higher on Smoak because he was a switch hitter (Safeco kills righties) and played an actual defensive position?
Does it really matter? How does that play into talisay checking WARs after like 20 PAs for Montero? He's kidding around.

Smoak doesn't hit lefties anyway.

Sharp

Pujols will strike out swinging here but it would be a fitting way to end Kimbrel's scoreless streak.

Oh wait no it's Pujols.

Y2Kev said:
welcome to the next 6 years!

God, don't even joke about it. :\

What a shitty inning. Girardi needs to just forfeit a game and let the whole team rest for a day before the Boston series starts. They look like the walking dead.

Y2Kev

Hey Girardi...Pena sucks at defense now. Did you notice?

edit: I guess Nunez does too. But this is what you deal with when you yank people for pinch runners in tie games.

Fuck you Yankees. I gave you a god damn chance tonight, and it's choke city.

Works been a bitch this week. I put in over 10 hours of unpaid OT (I am salaried). No time for GAF. :(

BigAT

No doubles = two singles.

Good to see the important innings the last two days have gone to Scott Proctor and Aaron Laffey...

Puddles

Banned
Kershaw has to be the NL Cy Young favorite at this point. He's got a decent ERA lead over Halladay now and is still way ahead in strikeouts. Screw park adjustments and FIP.

Wow every single fucking move Joe made backfired.

Pinch hit Nunez- gets caught stealing
Sub in Pena at 3rd- Lets a ball gets by
Bring in some guy named Laffy- gives up single
Bring in Ayala- give up GW sac fly

Sharp

Puddles said:
Kershaw has to be the NL Cy Young favorite at this point. He's got a decent ERA lead over Halladay now and is still way ahead in strikeouts. Screw park adjustments and FIP.
A .09 ERA lead isn't really that big, and Halladay has like half Kershaw's walks. I agree he's probably the favorite right now, but a lot can happen in the last few weeks and he doesn't have a huge lead by any stretch. Hell, voters might be impressed with Lee's scoreless innings streaks and vote for him instead of either. Or sympathy-vote in Lincecum again.

JABEE

Sharp said:
A .09 ERA lead isn't really that big, and Halladay has like half Kershaw's walks. I agree he's probably the favorite right now, but a lot can happen in the last few weeks and he doesn't have a huge lead by any stretch. Hell, voters might be impressed with Lee's scoreless innings streaks and vote for him instead of either. Or sympathy-vote in Lincecum again.
I think Cliff Lee may be ahead of both of them. He has 6 shutouts this season.

What the fuck happened in the Braves game?

Kimbrel had a 3-1 lead with 2 outs and a runner on first and they come back and win? Fucking shameful. I know he hadn't blown a save since June 8, but my god, you cannot walk fucking Rafael Furcal and Ryan Theriot on 9 pitches to bring up Albert Pujols with the game on the line.

And Derek Lowe is pitching tomorrow. Shoot me.

It's amazing that Laffey gets DFA'd because he was too shitty for the Mariners but is somehow pitching high leverage innings for the Yankees weeks later.

Macattk15

bigtroyjon said:
It's amazing that Laffey gets DFA'd because he was too shitty for the Mariners but is somehow pitching high leverage innings for the Yankees weeks later.

Don't be fooled. He's pretty fucking shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom