• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnEternalEnigma said:
Brewers have actually been sucking lately.

And it's officially gotten interesting. The Diamondbacks are now only 1.5 back of the Brewers. Phillies/Brewers and Diamondbacks/Braves would be a significantly different playoff scenario than Phillies/Diamondbacks and Brewers/Braves.

Yeah we couldn't stay in the clouds forever. I'd be happy with a split against Philly, but we really just need to buckle down and start producing runs again. Limping into the playoffs is a surefire way to get manhandled.

ConradCervantes said:
Yeah we couldn't stay in the clouds forever. I'd be happy with a split against Philly, but we really just need to buckle down and start producing runs again. Limping into the playoffs is a surefire way to get manhandled.

Not always. Didn't the 2006 Cardinals go 4-18 in their final 22 games and nearly blow a late 11-game lead over the Astros only to win the World Series?

That's why I love the playoffs. You can throw all the regular season shit out the window.

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
Not always. Didn't the 2006 Cardinals go 4-18 in their final 22 games and nearly blow a late 11-game lead over the Astros only to win the World Series?

That's why I love the playoffs. You can throw all the regular season shit out the window.
As a Braves fan one might think you'd hate the crapshoot nature of the postseason...

Sharp said:
As a Braves fan one might think you'd hate the crapshoot nature of the postseason...

I watched them win the division 14 straight seasons and win only one World Series while the Marlins, who never won the division, won two World Series. I'm over it now.

Hey MLB GAF. Is there a Pitches Per At-Bat stat? If so, who sees the most pitches per at bat. Seems like it could be a valuable stat when measuring success against dominant pitching teams.

Fenix

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Hey MLB GAF. Is there a Pitches Per At-Bat stat? If so, who sees the most pitches per at bat. Seems like it could be a valuable stat when measuring success against dominant pitching teams.
P/PA is probably what you're looking for.

For individual batter leaderboards, click here.

For the whole team, check the advanced batting stats and look at the totals at the bottom.

Don't know if there's an easier way to check team P/PA (or a way to check it on B-Ref).

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out, AL here, NL here. Sort by Pit/PA for both teams and players.

Macattk15

Windu said:
Jack Wilson can still pick it at short.

That he can. Hit a ball with authority he cannot.

Ichiro can still be awesome.

ichirohochevar_medium.png

"The first-pitch curveball to Ichiro, I don't even know what to say about that one," Hochevar said. "The [first pitch] of the game -- it was a good pitch and he hit it eight rows deep. I've never seen it, I've never had it happen. I normally don't throw first-pitch curveballs in a game, but what do you do?"

Going back to 2009, PITCHfx has identified 83 first pitches as curveballs, or 0.6%. Of those 83 first-pitch curveballs, batters have swung at just three of them. Of those three swings, two have resulted in fouls, and one has resulted in a home run - Ichiro's swing, last night.

Hilarious.

Sharp

JABEE said:
He missed home and the umpire saw it and didn't call him out when he went into the dugout?
Who gives a shit, you're up 5-1.

NATS WIN NATS WIN

On a throwing error by the Astros' third baseman

Macattk15

talisayNon said:
off Jeff Weaver. will update Smoak vs Montero war in the morning

No one but you cares. Smoak was doing quite fine until his father died to cancer, fucked up one thumb, got blisters on the other, caught a groundball to the face, etc.

Nice fucking robbing of a homerun by Francouer.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Macattk15 said:
No one but you cares. Smoak was doing quite fine until his father died to cancer, fucked up one thumb, got blisters on the other, caught a groundball to the face, etc.

Nice fucking robbing of a homerun by Francouer.
if ever there was a time for HUAHUAHAUHAUHA

HUAHAUHAUHAUHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom