• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCrooner

The Tigers have been underachieving for the last few seasons, so this is actually on-par with what they should have been. It seems like since they lost the WS a few years back, they have been playing below their ability. This is the year I can see them doing special things again. Would be great for the shanty town of Detroit.

Braves have an interesting lineup for Game 1 of the doubleheader against the Mets.

1. Bourn - CF
2. Jones - 3B
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Freeman - 1B
6. Prado - LF
7. Heyward - RF
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Minor - P

Prado's only hit .197 since Bourn was acquired and there's been a lot of talk that his approach at the plate has been totally screwed up by trying to give Bourn a chance to steal.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
Braves have an interesting lineup for Game 1 of the doubleheader against the Mets.

1. Bourn - CF
2. Jones - 3B
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Freeman - 1B
6. Prado - LF
7. Heyward - RF
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Minor - P

Prado's only hit .197 since Bourn was acquired and there's been a lot of talk that his approach at the plate has been totally screwed up by trying to give Bourn a chance to steal.
Finally, i was getting tired of him in the 2nd spot. this is probably my preferred lineup.

verbum

Well, I have been in the woods, wailing and tearing my garments, each time the Braves have lost in the past 10 days. I am naked now. I am looking for some large leaves.

carlos

Well guys, I have been without phone, internet or tv for most of the past 3 weeks; whats up with the braves? bad offense?

Beachy was fine until he hit his mental wall of 5 and 2/3 innings. I want to forget the Venters been unable to hold the game. and I'll excuse what happened to Moylan.

I'm very disappointed that Minor gave up that Granny after we got 3 runs in the first. The team finally get on the board early this week and it's all given away in the same inning.

ReturnOfTheRAT said:
Beachy was fine until he hit his mental wall of 5 and 2/3 innings. I want to forget the Venters been unable to hold the game. and I'll excuse what happened to Moylan.

I'm very disappointed that Minor gave up that Granny after we got 3 runs in the first. The team finally get on the board early this week and it's all given away in the same inning.

Even worse was that Bay hit the Salami on an 0-2 count. Minor threw him nothing but fucking curveballs.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Very true. That at-bat Howard had against Brian Wilson in Game 6 of the NLCS while the Braves were eliminated was clutch as fuck.

Fin.png

A little late to this discussion but...
I'm a Phillies fan, and I will even say that he is still standing there.

But regardless....10.5 games up!

beast786

clemenx said:
Lol, you missed interleague? We hit 2 in one game against the Tigers!

The mets gave the tigers the worst beating in that series. TIgers actually end with 4 games below 500 against the NL.

I want to believe Bay is coming back, but I've seen him do this so many times this year. Only promising thing is he's back to his Boston stance and is pulling everything.

It's kind of amazing how Hamels finally got his head under control. If he gave up an HR like that two years ago he would have lost his command for the rest of the inning.

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
You've got to be fucking kidding me. A grand slam to Jason Bay?

I seriously don't know what's going on with Atlanta.
Regression. Check their pythag, dawg

Wait they won that game what

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Figures. My wife turned off the game and the Phillies score runs.

You missed an amazing inning. I cant believe the Phils could score on the Brewers. If they hold on this game they actually wont get swept.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
Ha. Fredi just pulled Alex Gonzalez out of the game for his bullshit.
the pitcher's spot leading off the next inning probably had more to do with it.

yankeehater said:
You missed an amazing inning. I cant believe the Phils could score on the Brewers. If they hold on this game they actually wont get swept.

You don't actually think the Phillies are going to get swept. Do you?

Brewers have actually been sucking lately.

And it's officially gotten interesting. The Diamondbacks are now only 1.5 back of the Brewers. Phillies/Brewers and Diamondbacks/Braves would be a significantly different playoff scenario than Phillies/Diamondbacks and Brewers/Braves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom