• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

7149ce625bf696ea5464d4d10b04ccd1_L.jpg

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...WOOOS-Red-Sox-Nation,-Opens-ESPN-SportsCenter

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
weekend_warrior said:
That's pretty stupid.
they are three different positions so i think this is the best way to do it. Although it won't matter though, they will just give the GGs to the players with the most HRs anyway.

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
they are three different positions so i think this is the best way to do it. Although it won't matter though, they will just give the GGs to the players with the most HRs anyway.

Gimme dat gold glove!!

jPEMq.jpg

eznark said:
Why? Should they just give an infield gold glove?

Because that's fucking stupid is why. The best outfielder for every team plays centerfield. That's just the way it is. Giving an award to to the left/right fielders is the same as saying "Well you're not a good enough outfielder to play center on your own team, but here's a gold glove anyway." What sense does that make?

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Thankfully Prince Fielder does not lead NL 1B in homers.

Fielder is more deserving of a gold glove than Braun.

Because that's fucking stupid is why. The best outfielder for every team plays centerfield. That's just the way it is. Giving an award to to the left/right fielders is the same as saying "Well you're not a good enough outfielder to play center on your own team, but here's a gold glove anyway." What sense does that make?

Ok. The best fielder plays short stop. Doesn't change the fact that each position gets a Gold Glove distinction except for LF/RF/CF. The award isn't give to best overall fielder, it is given to best fielder at each position. It makes zero sense to give an award for each position then arbitrarily lump each outfielder into the same generic OF spot.

eznark said:
Fielder is more deserving of a gold glove than Braun.

Ok. The best fielder plays short stop. Doesn't change the fact that each position gets a Gold Glove distinction except for LF/RF/CF. The award isn't give to best overall fielder, it is given to best fielder at each position. It makes zero sense to give an award for each position then arbitrarily lump each outfielder into the same generic OF spot.

You can't compare the difference between left/right field and 1st/3rd/SS. It takes a different skill set to play each infield position. The outfield is the outfield. It's the same thing, the very minor differences don't mean much. A player only plays the side outfield positions if they're not good enough to play center. It doesn't make sense to award that.

Snaku

Banned
Fuck this fucking division. Two teams who can buy whoever the fuck they want, and whomever comes in second gets the AL wild card. The odds are so stacked against Tampa, Toronto, and Baltimore it's asinine.

eznark

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
You can't compare the difference between left/right field and 1st/3rd/SS. It takes a different skill set to play each infield position. The outfield is the outfield. It's the same thing, the very minor differences don't mean much. A player only plays the side outfield positions if they're not good enough to play center. It doesn't make sense to award that.

It doesn't make sense to lump three different positions in together while splitting out the rest. No first basemen is a better fielder than a center fielder. Why should first basemen get a gold glove? No pitcher is a better hitter than a left fielder. Why should pitchers get a silver slugger?

Although I do love your righteous indignation over such a hilariously minor issue. Reminds me of me.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Snaku said:
Fuck this fucking division. Two teams who can buy whoever the fuck they want, and whomever comes in second gets the AL wild card. The odds are so stacked against Tampa, Toronto, and Baltimore it's asinine.

Rays will be fine. Won the AL East 2 out of the last 3 years. This was supposed to be a down year for the Rays and they're in it till the very end.

Snaku said:

yep

clemenx

Banned
Snaku said:
IVAN NOVA shut you guys down. Money argument is invalid.

darkside31337 said:
Rays will be fine. Won the AL East 2 out of the last 3 years. This was supposed to be a down year for the Rays and they're in it till the very end.

This.

Baltimore sucks because they suck.
Toronto sucks because they're rebuilding - they're coming up.
The Rays are a contender now - it's not just Boston and the Yankees.

Windu

captmcblack said:
This.

Baltimore sucks because they suck.
Toronto sucks because they're rebuilding - they're coming up.
The Rays are a contender now - it's not just Boston and the Yankees.
but still, they are the third best team in the AL and might not be going to the playoffs. Get rid of the divisions and just take the top 4 teams.

Snaku

Banned
darkside31337 said:

Till Boston and New York cherry pick our best players with obscene paychecks. Back to square fucking one again, playing against our own talent as they enter their prime.

Windu

so this rooting for the mets thing. how does this work? do i just give up now or do i continue watching with the belief that they might win but have my dreams crushed right before my eyes?

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
so this rooting for the mets thing. how does this work? do i just give up now or do i continue watching with the belief that they might win but have my dreams crushed right before my eyes?

Youarealreadydead.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom