• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

I sure hope last night make the Braves turn this .368 winning average in September around. I am hoping it is like driving along in your car, listening to music, not really paying attention, and another car pulls in front of you. You hit the brakes, miss the other car by inches, and realize you just about bought the farm. From then on, for the next several days, you really pay attention while your driving.
So the Braves go on a 4-5 game winning streak and dash the Card's hopes. Since the pitching has collapsed, time to fire up the offense.
Time for Constanza and his magic tongue to lick the bats. Bat Constanza 9th. Please.

The Marlins are pitching Anibal Sanchez tonight and Javier Vazquez tomorrow. They own the two-lowest NL starting pitcher's ERA in September.

Who are the Braves throwing out against them? Randall Delgado (a rookie making his 6th MLB start ever) and Derek Lowe (0-3 with a 10.12 ERA in his last 3 starts).

Fuck everything.

ZeroRay

AnEternalEnigma said:
The Marlins are pitching Anibal Sanchez tonight and Javier Vazquez tomorrow. They own the two-lowest NL starting pitcher's ERA in September.

Who are the Braves throwing out against them? Randall Delgado (a rookie making his 6th MLB start ever) and Derek Lowe (0-3 with a 10.12 ERA in his last 3 starts).

Fuck everything.

You're actually in a better situation than you think.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AnEternalEnigma said:

Fuck everything.

Don't worry. Javier Vazquez is pitching in a game that's relevant so he'll proceed to give up a dozen runs to you guys tomorrow.

Screen-shot-2011-09-20-at-10.40.44-AM-580x434.png

Goddamit Mets.

verbum

AnEternalEnigma said:
Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 0 out for Chipper, Uggla, and McCann.

No runs.

I haven't had time to watch. How many in the crowd at the stadium? 500, 600, or more?
And I understand Alex Gonzalez is carrying this team on his back tonight. Give that man a 5 year contract, Mr. Wren.

rc213

The Frankman said:
http://www.metsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Screen-shot-2011-09-20-at-10.40.44-AM-580x434.png/IMG]

Goddamit Mets.[/QUOTE]

That explains so much about some of the Mets fans on gaf.

[spoiler]WTF![/spoiler]

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
verbum said:
I haven't had time to watch. How many in the crowd at the stadium? 500, 600, or more?
And I understand Alex Gonzalez is carrying this team on his back tonight. Give that man a 5 year contract, Mr. Wren.
i'm glad you're not the gm.

How many games does each team have left? Like 7 or 8? There's got to be a way for Boston to miss the playoffs while:

- the Yankees split the series with the Rays 2-2
- win the series with the Red Sox 2-1

right?

captmcblack said:
How many games does each team have left? Like 7 or 8? There's got to be a way for Boston to miss the playoffs while:

right?

it's all on the Lolrioles. think about that.

verbum

Windu said:
i'm glad you're not the gm.

If I were GM,
1. A bunt every inning
2. 5 year contracts to whomever had the best BA in September.
3. No closer until the 9th inning.
4. One player under 5 foot 6 inches would have to be in every lineup.
5. A ceremonial burning of "The Book" on the pitchers mound at the start of every season.
6. Whoever had the highest BA would bat 3rd.

captmcblack said:

right?

Well the Rays are only 1 game back in the lose column, I don't know who has the season series or if they tie will there be a one game playoff, but:

If the Rays go 2-2 against the Yankees, 2-1 against the Jays, and win 2/3 against the Yankees, then if the Sox go 1 & 1 the next 2 against Baltimore, 1 & 2 against the Yankees and 1 & 2 against the O's again then the Rays would finish ahead of them.

It's a long shot, if for no other reason then the Orioles are complete and total shit.

edit: They've already given 2 runs back.

eznark

Banned
skip said:
thanks dude! first paycheck is marked for fresh Brewers/Packers apparel.

Gonna make it to Milwaukee for any playoff games?

I suggest buying old(er) Packers apparel. This years stuff is flat awful.

That Miami Marlins logo...I don't dig it on first glance.

Also, I guess they're going to look to ride that Dolphins/UofM/Florida swag colorwise. Makes sense.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dmncnby2k9 said:
For all Mets fan, Sandy Alderson is in the booth!

I hope he wasn't serious about spending big money on a closer. Will seriously turn on him if he gives any reliever 3+ years of anything more than near minimum cash. Any reliever.

skip

eznark said:
Gonna make it to Milwaukee for any playoff games?

I suggest buying old(er) Packers apparel. This years stuff is flat awful.

if they make it to NLCS/WS, I'm going to do (read: spend) what I can to get myself and my brother at Miller Park.

agreed on the Packers gear. there are a few old "stiffarm" logo/Acme designs I have my eye on, but my taste naturally skews retro anyways. there's a sweet Brewers hoodie with the old logo but modern colors (deeper blue/rusty gold) that I saw at some store while on vacation in Minocqua. didn't get it because I didn't have the funds and figured it'd be online, but now I can't find it ANYWHERE. thinking about sending my brother up north 4 hours just to grab it.

darkside31337 said:
I hope he wasn't serious about spending big money on a closer. Will seriously turn on him if he gives any reliever 3+ years of anything more than near minimum cash. Any reliever.
Damn, he said he is not sure our closer is in the organization. Sounds like he might like to bring someone in. Says he won't overspend but, sounds like he would for a good closer.

hemtae

diddles said:
reynolds/orioles in the redsock's pocket. that was a ridiculously faked error. fuck you baltimore.

More like Reynolds is a ridiculously bad fielder. Hell, he's probably worse than Prince Fielder

Sharp

So is it just me or have the Phillies completely forgotten how to hit

I mean I am okay with Ross Detwiler pitching 7.1 shutout innings but he is probably not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom