• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big believer in momentum and how fast it can be killed after watching the Braves in 2009.

The Braves went on a 15-2 run in September to nearly chase down the Rockies. They were 2 games back with only 6 to go.

The Braves lost that game with Diaz (the tying run) getting picked off third with the bases loaded to fall 3 games back with 5 left. They lost the final 5 games in a row, including a 4-game sweep by the Nationals.

Blowing a 4-run lead in the 9th is just as big a kick in the pants. It's hard to come back from a loss like this when you're chasing someone.

Also, La Russa has completely destroyed his bullpen and they don't have any off days left. The workload on Jason Motte and everyone else finally showed up today.

They've also been making errors every game and not paying for them until today.

RBH

Windu said:
EXCITING! THRILLING! THRILLING! THRILLINGTHRILLINGTHRILLING!! OH BAH GAWD SKITTLES!!!!

EXCITING! THRILLING! THRILLING! THRILLINGTHRILLINGTHRILLING!! OH BAH GAWD SKITTLES!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

AnEternalEnigma said:
Also, La Russa has completely destroyed his bullpen and they don't have any off days left. The workload on Jason Motte and everyone else finally showed up today.

They've also been making errors every game and not paying for them until today.
Little Green Yoda said:
Cards have been notorious in playing down to the level of competition so I wouldn't pencil them in for wins yet. Lousy defense and an overzealous manager means no game is safe. Thankfully, TLR hasn't tinkered with the lineup too much lately and for the time being, the bullpen is doing okay.
They're still in this but they need some help from PHI.

JaskoX1

Banned
MikeTyson said:
Duncan and Fukudome are quickly become my favorite outfielders.

What ah catch.
We need to sign both asap.
Along with Asdrubal.
Dome is one of those vets. I would want on my team in the playoffs.

jman2050

evil solrac v3.0 said:
no the Angels just kill the Yanks.

I was so sure that the catharsis from the 2009 ALCS would allow me to watch Yankees/Angels games in relative peace from then on.

It hasn't helped. At all.

McNei1y

Yeaah 4 game sweep against Philly! I wish this were April... Dammit :(

At least theres still a chance for 500.

I'm actually very excited for this offseason since we're possibly a move or two away from being something good.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Face it, the Cardinals are taking this thing.

Cardinals will be only 1 game back in 3 outs. They are leading 6-2 going into the 9th.

With this win, the Cardinals will be 12-2 in their last 14. Braves are 5-9 in their last 14. The Cardinals have gained 7 games on the Braves in 14 games.

Unless the Cardinals just flat out run out of gas and get whipped by the Cubs, it's over.

Holy shit, anti-jinx ftw.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
McNei1y said:
Yeaah 4 game sweep against Philly! I wish this were April... Dammit :(

At least theres still a chance for 500.

I'm actually very excited for this offseason since we're possibly a move or two away from being something good.

Chances of the Nats ending with a winning record are now around 5%. Last homestand!

Excitement!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
According to Elias, Matt Moore is the first pitcher ever to strike out at least 11 hitters in 5 innings or less versus the Yankees.

And Moore's 11 strikeouts are most by an AL pitcher in his first major league start since Tim Hudson had 12 for OAK on 6-8-99. Moore did it in 5 innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom