• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Al Leiter told Michael Kay that it was good. Suzyn Waldman said it was horrible. I think I trust Al Leiter more here.

Keith Law hated it and my tastes tend to track with his. I'll watch it on bluray.

Well, last night was the final Royals home game. It was a good September. And hey, we didn't finish in the basement or lose 100 games this year. Improvement! Offense looks good, bullpen looks good. Pick up an Ace in the off season, and next year is going to be amazing.

verbum

90% chance of rain in Washington DC Friday. Maybe a double header on Saturday or Sunday for the Braves? Saturday is 60% chance and Sunday is 40%.

turnbuckle

Duane Cunningham said:
Well, last night was the final Royals home game. It was a good September. And hey, we didn't finish in the basement or lose 100 games this year. Improvement! Offense looks good, bullpen looks good. Pick up an Ace in the off season, and next year is going to be amazing.

Yeah, the Royals are a fun team to watch. I'm more worried about them than anyone else in the Central. If Cleveland can get healthy they can be pretty decent too, but the Central is for KC's taking in the next couple of years. It's a great time to be a Tigers fan, but if I were a fan of KC I'd be excited as hell.

Hosmer's gonna give my team nightmares for a long time.

I'm so sorry, Lambtron :(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
yeah i'm thinking i might wait for a blu ray release...or if i'm bored i will find other means to watch it before it hits retail.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Leo Nunez put on the restricted list

Hey might just be a random thought maybe it's not the players. Could be an issue related playing for the Florida Marlins. Seems like nobody is ever happy and the Marlins are never happy with anybody donning that uniform.

Unlike LoMo, Nunez literally just bailed the country. Crazy stuff. Maybe he thought the new logo design was that ugly.

Prior to yesterday’s game against the Cardinals, Sandy Alderson spoke with reporters about the potential changes to the dimensions at Citi Field, and basically said the following:

* The left field wall could move in about four feet where it’s closest to the line and a greater but not dramatic amount towards left-centerfield.
* The left field wall would be lowered from it’s current height.
* Centerfield is unlikely to change.
* Right-centerfield could come in from the 415 foot marker.
* The “Mo’ Zone” could go away with some temporary fencing put in front of it, moving the boundary closer to home plate.
* Home plate will not move out as the foul poles need to remain where they are.
* He was unaware of the fan sentiment over changing the colors of the wall from black to blue, but will talk about that further internally.
I don't care about left field's distance down the line, though the gaps could move in a bit. Center is fine, but the 415 needs to lose 20 feet. With Home plate not moving the backstops will remain short forever :( . The Mo Zone disappearing is news to my eyes, and they need to change that wall color to blue.

Joe

change all the seats to blue please. when they knock down citi field no one is going to want those shit seats as souvenirs.

A MRI confirmed that Phillies' right fielder Hunter Pence has patellar tendinitis in his right knee. The club is hopeful he will be able to play before the end of the season, but will not push him.

You really don't need to play him against the Braves, Charlie...really. It's cool.

Tarp coming off the field in Busch Stadium. Capuano better pitch like he did on Friday. I will need blood pressure medicine if the Cardinals end up just 1 game back after today.

darkside31337 said:
I'm an expert on ugly ass stadiums. No reason to turn Citi into an uglier one.
GTFO

ortonrileygtfo.gif

Macattk15

The Twins are failing on command. I've waited the entire season to play a team truly worse than the Mariners.

Thank you Twins. Thank you.

Manny Ramirez told ESPNDeportes.com that he will be formally requesting MLB to reinstate him and will serve his 100-game suspension in an effort to play in the big leagues in 2012.

The Frankman said:
* The left field wall would be lowered from it’s current height.

That sucks. I think the higher left field wall looks really good in Citi Field. They really just need to fix that fucking ridiculous right field nook. And bringing homeplate closer and moving the foul poles would go a long way in making the field play a little more sensibly.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Manny Ramirez told ESPNDeportes.com that he will be formally requesting MLB to reinstate him and will serve his 100-game suspension in an effort to play in the big leagues in 2012.

Isn't he just doing that because he wants to play in the Dominican Republic League?

jman2050

darkside31337 said:
Cano, A-Rod, Granderson, Martin, Gardner all on the bench tonight.

Come on Rays -_-

The Yankees are daring the Rays to take the wild card. If they get swept then they don't deserve it.

The Rays will win tonight.

Yankees are running the C team out...no worries. It's all on Boston to keep losing now. They lost behind their ace yesterday, so there's a good chance of them shitting the bed until Beckett comes up again - especially since you KNOW the Yankees will play Boston hard this weekend if only to troll them.

yankeehater said:
Braves still got it, but it is way closer then I would have thought.

Face it, the Cardinals are taking this thing.

Cardinals will be only 1 game back in 3 outs. They are leading 6-2 going into the 9th.

With this win, the Cardinals will be 12-2 in their last 14. Braves are 5-9 in their last 14. The Cardinals have gained 7 games on the Braves in 14 games.

Unless the Cardinals just flat out run out of gas and get whipped by the Cubs, it's over.

I just cant see the Cards keep this crazy pace up, and I do think the Braves will play well down the stretch. Phils are absolutely going to lay down for them. They are already playing a AAA lineup most games, and now Pence wont even be playing. Braves just need to take care of the Nats and they will be fine.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
yankeehater said:
I just cant see the Cards keep this crazy pace up, and I do think the Braves will play well down the stretch. Phils are absolutely going to lay down for them. They are already playing a AAA lineup most games, and now Pence wont even be playing. Braves just need to take care of the Nats and they will be fine.

Phillies AAA lineup will be good enough to beat the Braves unless they decide to rest their entire rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom