• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i don't get people when they say there are not a lot of African Americans in baseball. The 2011 census says that 12% of the US Population is African American. I believe at the beginning of the season there were about 8.5% to 9% African Americans in baseball. When you take into the account that probably 30% of baseball players are foreigners then the African American population is perfectly in line with the US population. Football and Basketball have just skewed our perception because they have a much higher percentage than the over population.

Also, i love watching the Mets. Always good for a laugh.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Talon- said:
Windu, you have to account for how common african-americans were in this sport until the last decade or so.
well yeah its in decline from where it was, but that is because of the increased competition from other markets. Considering that Americans have a lot more choices and that the south american etc.. market probably has a much larger population than the African american population i think its fine the way the % of players is now.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
darkside31337 said:
Damn this Mets game could finish under 2 hours if it keeps going the pace its going.

I guess the players want to beat the heat too.

I think they just want to beat the ball into the ground.

Macattk15

Team is so god damn awful.

This is the worst line-up I have EVER seen in the MLB.

2 catchers in the line-up? Figgins in LF? What in the FUCK Eric Wedge? No Ackley? Halman sitting against a LHP? No Carp at least DH'ing?

Mariner fans don't deserve this shit.

Great hand by the Citi crowd on Camp day. They know this/that could've been Carlos Beltran's final AB as a Met. Not to mention a few others, Sandy is playing no favorites. Trade Pelfrey plz.

clemenx

Banned
I don't quite comprehend how the M's offense is worse than last year, that seemed impossible to achieve. I guess is Ichiro's fault he couldn't help but join the sucking.

Some rumblings on the Mets' scout board from a guy who's been pretty spot on in the past that the Mets may pull the trigger on a deal after the Marlins series, but not necessarily Beltran.

RACE TO SEE WHO WILL ACQUIRE MIKE PELFREY CONTINUES...

Doytch

......................................................................................................

Macattk15

Joey Fox said:
Nope, it's what I heard the announcer say on tv. What is the word for "dyslexic for hearing"?

Well. Trusting retarded announcers of the other teams generally doesn't usually work. Not that 43 is good to have as a RBI leader but it is what Smoak had ... and now Olivo has 44.

Macattk15

AW YEAH FUCKING FIGGINS TIME. (Pinch hit Carp ... Ackley ... ??? ... nah)

Please take him Reds. Take him.

edit : LOL. Dude is such utter trash. 9 million a year. That is a disgrace to hard working people all over the world. I swear I'd punch him in his god damn face if I saw him in the street.

MC Safety

Although I have faith in Sandy Alderson, I really don't have faith in either Sandy Alderson or the New York Mets.

Also, please get rid of "Big" Pelf.

Macattk15 said:
I hope Jack Z and Eric Wedge get fired due to this losing streak. I really do. I hope it happens tonight.

office_space_oh-face.gif

We failed to draft a hitter with our first pick, so any good hitters in next year's draft? This losing streak is going to continue for a while, fuck second pick, we're shooting for the first pick in next year's draft!

bluemax

Banned
MisterNugNug said:
We failed to draft a hitter with our first pick, so any good hitters in next year's draft? This losing streak is going to continue for a while, fuck second pick, we're shooting for the first pick in next year's draft!

You realize that the baseball draft isn't like the NBA or NFL where drafting based on need makes sense, right?

eznark

Banned
MisterNugNug said:

Guess you're doomed

bluemax said:
You realize that the baseball draft isn't like the NBA or NFL where drafting based on need makes sense, right?

And that's the kick in the nuts.

You're not rewarded for sucking in the MLB.

The Frankman said:
Some rumblings on the Mets' scout board from a guy who's been pretty spot on in the past that the Mets may pull the trigger on a deal after the Marlins series, but not necessarily Beltran.

RACE TO SEE WHO WILL ACQUIRE MIKE PELFREY CONTINUES...

I see the Tigers are looking for a Pitcher

eznark

Banned
DoctorWho said:
And that's the kick in the nuts.

You're not rewarded for sucking in the MLB.

Prince, Weeks, Fielder, Hart, Lucroy, Gallardo

Thanks Jack Z, I for one am glad we had patience in you!

Macattk15

I'd trade Figgins to the Reds while eating his salary for a punch to the dick right now.

sf2fanatic said:
Cali peeps get some back to back days of good pitching matchups.

Yesterday Kersh/Timmy
Today C.J./Weaver

C.J. the loser of the all-star game? Pfft.

carlos

Good to know atl won't have to play colorado this year again, coors field is a terrible ballpark for them.
Not to mention the whole lineup looks like shit, the SP are sucking, and they are making no big trade moves.

eznark

Banned
carlos said:
Good to know atl won't have to play colorado this year again, coors field is a terrible ballpark for them.
Not to mention the whole lineup looks like shit, the SP are sucking, and they are making no big trade moves.

Pirates coming for your Wild Card!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Macattk15 said:
I hope Jack Z and Eric Wedge get fired due to this losing streak. I really do. I hope it happens tonight.
And if Jack Z is fired, I hope the Twins move quick to put him in the front office with Billy Smith.

bluemax said:

Oh I know, but drafting a college bat next draft would be ideal wouldn't it? Do we really need another arm in our system? We have Walker, Beavan, Paxton, Hultzen, Robles, Cortes etc.

Damn, Orlando Hudson just wrecked himself crashing into a wall in foul territory. Carried out on a stretcher with a neck brace. Gave a thumbs up as he was carried off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom