• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharp said:
Why do you want to trade Felix again?

By the time this team is good (if ever, that depends on Smoak and Ackley delivering on their potential, among other things) he will be at the end of his contract and walking anyway. I would consider dealing him for a haul.

I've never seen Martin Prado play a total game of garbage like that ever. His hitting approach, baserunning and defense single-handedly lost this game.

Macattk15

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
selling your tickets!?

Nah. 3 of the 4 do have obstructed view. Maybe I should sit in one of those .... there is a pole about 4 rows in front of us .... fucking Infield Grandstands.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I wish O'Brien and Nomar were our regular radio announcers. O'Brien is one of the best and if I close my eyes I can believe I'm having a personal conversation with my best friend Nomar Garciaparra.

Sanjuro having alittle love for West Coast peeps?

Also much need comeback win for the Halos...

Dodgers win(finally)!!!!!!
Angels win!!!!

PNut

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
I've never seen Martin Prado play a total game of garbage like that ever. His hitting approach, baserunning and defense single-handedly lost this game.

Yes, it was hard to watch.

Puddles

Banned
Kersh has the second lowest WHIP in the NL, behind only Cole Hamels, who should probably win the Cy Young.

If Kersh keeps this up, he should finish in the top 3 in voting. Would be nice, anyway.

You people are a bunch of nancyboys. The Stephen Drew injury can't be any worse than Buster Posey's injury.

*checks video*

seinfeldughxb3.gif

Puddles said:
Kersh has the second lowest WHIP in the NL, behind only Cole Hamels, who should probably win the Cy Young.

If Kersh keeps this up, he should finish in the top 3 in voting. Would be nice, anyway.

Hopefully he does too. Leads the league in K's

eznark

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Why would you put a guy into his first major league game in a tie game in extras? smh.

Kirk Gibson strikes me as a "lets see what this motherfucker can do when the heat is on" type manager.

I applaud his decision. I hate west coast road trips so damn much. I'm too old for this shit.

clemenx

Banned
The Frankman said:
You people are a bunch of nancyboys. The Stephen Drew injury can't be any worse than Buster Posey's injury.

*checks video*

Lol, I only saw the picture and had the same reaction.

Sanjuro

Black people aren't playing because it's one of the lesser accessible sports. Not as tough as hockey, but it's more common to find a school willing to put all their money into a football team or kids play a pickup game of basketball.

clemenx said:
Lol, I only saw the picture and had the same reaction.
It was bad. I almost gagged when I saw it happen. It's the first game I've ever seen a gruesome injury happen live. Most times I catch them on Sportscenter.

That wobbly foot...*pukes*

eznark

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
It was bad. I almost gagged when I saw it happen. It's the first game I've ever seen a gruesome injury happen live. Most times I catch them on Sportscenter.

That wobbly foot...*pukes*
Remember when Jenkins broke his ankle sliding into third? I was sitting in the front row along the third base line for that game.

Slide
*SNAP*
*SCREAM*

It was so fucked. Snapped right in half, God damned right angle.

You see the way they have baseball academies in DR? They should make them in Jamaica, Haiti, etc.

Shit, they should make them in urban communities in America. Make a baseball academy in Harlem, in Brownsville, in Canarsie. You will have more black ballplayers, more blacks interested in baseball if you invest in black people the way other sports do.

eznark

Banned
captmcblack said:
You see the way they have baseball academies in DR? They should make them in Jamaica, Haiti, etc.

Shit, they should make them in urban communities in America. Make a baseball academy in Harlem, in Brownsville, in Canarsie. You will have more black ballplayers, more blacks interested in baseball if you invest in black people the way other sports do.

Generally people who bring up the lack of "blacks" in baseball don't care about non-American blacks. At least, not when looking at numbers, and the referenced article above is the same. It's bemoaning the lack of African-American's.

eznark said:
Generally people who bring up the lack of "blacks" in baseball don't care about non-American blacks. At least, not when looking at numbers, and the referenced article above is the same. It's bemoaning the lack of African-American's.
Yep. But I guess mcblack is still right about the second part.

The Rays are building an academy in Brazil -- I imagine that will bring in some dark-skinned Hispanics in 10 years.

Jose Reyes! Thrilling! Exciting! Thrilling! Thrilling! Exciting! Thrilling!Thrilling!Thrilling! OH BAH GAWD SKITTLES!
eznark said:
My team is in first. How is your yard sale going?
If dumping K-Rod's option construes as a yard sale, then alright. Mets have also said they don't get a deal they want for Beltran, they're keeping him.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
If dumping K-Rod's option construes as a yard sale, then alright. Mets have also said they don't get a deal they want for Beltran, they're keeping him.

Why would you be ok with that? It's supremely stupid. You don't even get comp picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom