• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The_Inquisitor said:
I stopped watching at 6 because I knew it was over. My MLB app won't stop buzzing my phone!
Easy there, bud. The Twins have won 7 of their last 8 against the Rangers, and they're only four grand slams from pulling within one run.

Doytch

Chris Davis, another K.
H06Tg.gif
H06Tg.gif
H06Tg.gif
H06Tg.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SafeinSound said:
Wow at this Phillies stat: "haven’t lost back-to-back games in over 40 games."

The anti-Reds.

It's hard to lose back to back games when you have 3 of the best starting pitchers in baseball.

Unlike the Reds.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
And to think the Twins haven't even used Matt Capps yet.
I'm crossing my fingers it's because he was traded for a catered clubhouse dinner, or because he's suffering from season ending hemorrhoids.

jakncoke

Banned
James McDonald having another decent game, if he punts this here like he has been known to im calling to throwing out of the rotation and into bullpen. He's got good stuff but doesn't seem to be able to string it into deep into the game.

Yes, I know their pitching is the reason they've been able to keep that state afloat, I just didn't know it was that high.

Also, Lee has helped as well, but he has definitely had his struggles lately. Toronto/SD.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the Twins can find a way to have Scott Baker, Glen Perkins, Francisco Liriano, and Joe Nathan pitch all the rest of the innings of the season. DFA everyone else.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That was totally catcher's interference. Probably broke his thumb in the process too. Or not.

Lambtron said:
Cuddyer coming out to pitch the 8th. The Twins need to stay in striking distance so they can get him his first major league win.

Boosting his trade value! Smart move on the Twins part.

Sharp

Lambtron said:
Cuddyer coming out to pitch the 8th. The Twins need to stay in striking distance so they can get him his first major league win.
...I thought you were joking but this way is so much more awesome

rando14

Lambtron said:

Bahahaha oh man you were serious? Oh jeez this game

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The last time the Twins got skunked like this they rolled off a few wins in a row. I hope this loosens them up a little bit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
From Sherman

After day of phone calls I believe #Rangers are pushing hardest for Beltran followed by #Braves, #Redsox. #Giants and #Phillies fading

God I love Jon Daniels in general but landing Beltran will turn it into a full blown man crush. Our biggest need is a reliever? Hell no, biggest need is more offense. 20 runs and 27 hits isn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom