• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Only if there is no DH and I don't get assaulted this time.
Ain't shit like that gonna happen at Citi Field bro. I remember Shea barely had any lights outside. More lights, More security.

Jeff Conine (top assistant for Marlins) said om LeBatard that Hanley doesn't work hard, is a dog, and if it was up to him would be traded.

EVERYBODY HATES HANLEY...

The Frankman said:
Jeff Conine (top assistant for Marlins) said om LeBatard that Hanley doesn't work hard, is a dog, and if it was up to him would be traded.

EVERYBODY HATES HANLEY...
Hanley for Fister, League and offensive powerhouse catcher Miguel Olivo. Both sides win.

Macattk15

Doytch said:

Oh look at that cute Kenji Johjima giggling like a schoolgirl in the dugout putting his helmet on.

I'd give up Peguero and Pineda for Hanley.

The_Inquisitor said:
Hey now Seattle has taken a Justin Smoak. How much worse could it get?

Are you implying Smoak is bad? Sure he is in a shitty slump ... but so is the whole fucking team. Give him some protection in a line-up and he'd be good. He definitely has the talents to be awesome .... he is no Mark Teixeira though .... but he certainly isn't Chris fucking Davis.

Sharp

So Macattk15, would you rather have Cliff Lee and Michael Morse, or Justin Smoak and Ryan Langerhans? You can't argue that this isn't a fair representation of what happened because I phrased it as a pure hypothetical.

Sharp

Mariners fans don't understand how valuable good pitching is, they always propose these lopsided deals in favor of the other team.

Macattk15

Sharp said:
Mariners fans don't understand how valuable good pitching is, they always propose these lopsided deals in favor of the other team.

You don't understand how much good pitching we have in the minors .... and FUCK Peguero. Obviously I'd ask for more than just Hanley for Pineda and Peguero but I just don't know their system to start looking into it because that deal would never happen.

Cliff Lee NEVER ... EVER ... would of stayed with the Mariners so that is moot. Mike Morse is the result of a retarded GM .... of course I'd much rather have him and I probably would of stuck him in Left Field and had Smoak / Morse.

We flipped shit prosects for Lee (aumont, gillies, that other shitty RH pitcher) and now have Lueke, Beaven, Smoak and Laffey because of it. I am perfectly fine with those players in exchange for Lee.

Lueke's numbers suck in the MLB but for some reason at the beginning of the season when he was up he couldn't throw harder than 91. Now he is hitting 98 again. His minor league numbers are awesome.

Beaven seems very serviceable as a #3.

Smoak .. well remains to be seen what he will be but I've seen the potential.

Laffey ... well .... fuck Laffey ... but we traded someone who retired to the Indians for him (Matt Lawson). So at least we got something for nothing (well some cash was chucked).

Just got an email offering MLB.TV Premium for 24.99 for the rest of the year. That's a fucking sweet deal, thinking of seriously getting it. Anyone waiting for a good deal, now seems the time.

Macattk15

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Just got an email offering MLB.TV Premium for 24.99 for the rest of the year. That's a fucking sweet deal, thinking of serously getting it.

If you live outside the market of your team and / or watch other teams play it sure is.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Macattk15 said:
I'd give up Peguero and Pineda for Hanley.

I'm glad you like Hanley, he's a good player and should be liked for his talents.

But it wouldn't cost anything more than taking that contract off their books and maybe a handful of B-tier prospects to land him.

Marlins want to do away with him like the Braves offed Yunel Escobar a couple years ago. If you have a "good character" guy like Alex Gonzalez that might be all it takes.

Heyman is saying that the Phillies is fading away from the Beltran discussions and now it's down to the Braves and Giants. He says the Rangers are willing to offer the most, but Beltran wants to stay in the NL.

He also speculated that whichever team didn't end up with Beltran was going to end up getting B.J. Upton. I can't see the Braves going after B.J. Upton if they don't get Beltran.

mYm|17|

AnEternalEnigma said:
Heyman is saying that the Phillies is fading away from the Beltran discussions and now it's down to the Braves and Giants. He says the Rangers are willing to offer the most, but Beltran wants to stay in the NL.

He also speculated that whichever team didn't end up with Beltran was going to end up getting B.J. Upton. I can't see the Braves going after B.J. Upton if they don't get Beltran.
Please take upton

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Trying to be neutral as possible as diehard Mets fan but how the hell did Upton become anywhere near equatable to Beltran? Upton is nowhere near a good rebound for whoever loses out on Beltran. I like Upton but it's completely ridiculous to put him in the same sentence as Beltran.

There really is no "second option" after Beltran for basically every team that is looking to get him. Sandy will get who he wants. I'm betting the Braves cave in to get him.

verbum

The Braves need a cheap RH outfielder.

The perfect solution:

melky-cabrera1.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
I'm glad you like Hanley, he's a good player and should be liked for his talents.

But it wouldn't cost anything more than taking that contract off their books and maybe a handful of B-tier prospects to land him.

Marlins want to do away with him like the Braves offed Yunel Escobar a couple years ago. If you have a "good character" guy like Alex Gonzalez that might be all it takes.
If this is true (and I wouldn't be shocked) Bill Smith should be calling the Marlins basically every hour on the hour trying to land Hanley. He doesn't seem like a Twins Player, but I think that they need to maybe shake shit up a little bit. And their middle infield is atrocious.

JABEE

Ken Rosenthal
Sources: #Phillies most aggressive on Pence. #RedSox have inquired, tough finding match. #Braves not currently involved. #tradedeadline #MLB

OH SHIT

Braves purchase contract of Arodys Vizcaino. Will pitch in bullpen. Schafer to DL with broken finger.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got too excited. He was promoted to AAA Gwinnett. Goddamn it. Schafer scratched from lineup late because he can't bat with his broke finger, but he has not been DL'ed yet.

Talon

AnEternalEnigma said:
OH SHIT

Braves purchase contract of Arodys Vizcaino. Will pitch in bullpen. Schafer to DL with broken finger.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got too excited. He was promoted to AAA Gwinnett. Goddamn it. Schafer scratched from lineup late because he can't bat with his broke finger, but he has not been DL'ed yet.
Dammit. Got my hopes up.

One step closer to less of the Proctologist.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Actually he recanted on that and said he wouldn't mind going to the AL.

The Frankman said:
Actually he recanted on that and said he wouldn't mind going to the AL.

Just read where the Indians offered to take on Beltran's entire remaining salary AND send over a "good prospect", but Beltran struck down the Indians.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AnEternalEnigma said:
Just read where the Indians offered to take on Beltran's entire remaining salary AND send over a "good prospect", but Beltran struck down the Indians.

He struck down the Indians because he isn't interested in going to a fringe contender. He wants to be back in the playoffs. The Rangers will be there, the Indians won't.

He does prefer to play in the NL though, that much is true.

bluemax

Banned
Sharp said:

Carlos Peguero and Pineda for Hanley Ramirez is a fucking stupid awful trade.

Peguero has little to no value, so its really Pineda for Hanley Ramirez and I would not do that trade at all.

Maccattk15 has no concept of what he is saying.

Doytch

Just saw Kenny Ken Ken Rosenthal say the M's are gonna win tonight on MLB network.

Sorry bluemax, looks like it's gonna be at least another game.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
How is Jonny Gomes?

#Nationals acquire OF Jonny Gomes and cash considerations from Reds in exchange for OF Bill Rhinehart and LHP Chris Manno

sazabirules said:
How is Jonny Gomes?

#Nationals acquire OF Jonny Gomes and cash considerations from Reds in exchange for OF Bill Rhinehart and LHP Chris Manno

.280 against lefties. Terrible against righties.

bluemax

Banned
Doytch said:
Just saw Kenny Ken Ken Rosenthal say the M's are gonna win tonight on MLB network.

Sorry bluemax, looks like it's gonna be at least another game.

I didn't really have high hopes for us beating Captain Cookie tonight to begin with.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
bluemax said:
Carlos Peguero and Pineda for Hanley Ramirez is a fucking stupid awful trade.

Peguero has little to no value, so its really Pineda for Hanley Ramirez and I would not do that trade at all.

Maccattk15 has no concept of what he is saying.

If Jeffrey Loria wasn't the owner of the Marlins, HanRam would long be on the trading block. A bit of a catch-22 though as Loria's mancrush on him is what enables all of HanRam's shit, he probably wouldn't be the biggest prick in all of baseball if there were actual repercussions for his actions.

But hypothetically if the Mariners offered a package around Pineda and took HanRams contract off the books they'd be listening.

I have no idea why you consider this trade that ridiculous.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
If Jeffrey Loria wasn't the owner of the Marlins, HanRam would long be on the trading block. A bit of a catch-22 though as Loria's mancrush on him is what enables all of HanRam's shit, he probably wouldn't be the biggest prick in all of baseball if there were actual repercussions for his actions.

But hypothetically if the Mariners offered a package around Pineda and took HanRams contract off the books they'd be listening.

I have no idea why you consider this trade that ridiculous.
Pineda is worth twice as much as Hanley, at least.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Pineda is worth twice as much as Hanley, at least.

Yeah pretty much.

Yonder Alonso got the callup after that Gomes to Nats trade.

I can't figure out why in the world the Nats made a move like that. What reason is there to trade for Jonny Gomes?

He had value for a contender, the guy is an amazing masher against LHP. But the Nats are not contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom