• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Blazblue Tournament! XBL/PSN

ZealousD said:
Seriously, and Sagat would freaking die to Nu's DD4DD. The only reason this move exists in BlazBlue is because there are no cross-ups. But it'd be impossible for any SFIV character to block those 2 back swords.

Wat

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Character's can block stuff that comes from behind, right? I see that all the time. Wouldn't that make it impossible to do a cross-up?

ZealousD said:
Character's can block stuff that comes from behind, right? I see that all the time. Wouldn't that make it impossible to do a cross-up?

In most 2d fighting games, you get hit by crossups when you aren't blocking away from your opponent.

So even if something attacks you from behind, if you're holding away from your opponent, you'll block it.

There's lots of crossups in BB :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER

Oh, what the heck. I'll get demolished, but why not?

Iam Canadian
XBL: ElectroSpectre0
Primary Character: Rachel
Secondary: George XIII Nu

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Filling the pools right now. Just boosting the thread a bit to see if we get more sign ups =D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PSN Players: 17
XBL Players: 18

People after the BREAK POINT in the list above are not a sure entry or can be used as subs. Stay around the thread to see if I can manage something =P

This will go in different levels... from 16-20-24-28-32 as each pool has a max of four players. The double bracket will have Byes if it isn't a 16 or 32 player tournament though.

QisTopTier asked if he could join this tourney... he doesn't have a GAF account but he has a really good Bang

PSN: QisTopTier
Primary: Bang
Secondary: Bang

Hope you guys don't mind... Let me know if it's going to be any problems

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hi guys, i did a little tool to generate tournament brackets on .png files.
Its easier to follow tournaments with this

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Fersis said:
Hi guys, i did a little tool to generate tournament brackets on .png files.
Its easier to follow tournaments with this

Well well.. that's really awesome =O. The thing is.. maybe that won't work too feel in a Round Robbin tournament, its more for brackets..... but maybe I can make use of that when the bracket phase arrives. Thanks =P

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Relix said:
Well well.. that's really awesome =O. The thing is.. maybe that won't work too feel in a Round Robbin tournament, its more for brackets..... but maybe I can make use of that when the bracket phase arrives. Thanks =P
Check it, you can change the graphics and all that. So you can put BlazBlue artwork or something.
I did it for KOFXII ,but anyone can use it.

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
PSN: JohnnyM60
Primary: Carl
Secondary: Noel

Hopefully get more praccy in.

Editing info, as I'd rather play any character other than that little fucker Carl!!! :D

Didn't enjoy practicing with him at all. I've been playing Tager last two days, so I'll play him. Hopefully still enough time to practice so I can play to a half decent standard.

Iam Canadian

Sorry, everyone, but as my 360 decided to RROD at the worst possible time, I won't be able to participate. :(

jibblypop

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
Sorry, everyone, but as my 360 decided to RROD at the worst possible time, I won't be able to participate. :(

oh no! :(

I'll miss our player matches! Are you gonna get a new one?

Iam Canadian

jibblypop said:
oh no! :(

I'll miss our player matches! Are you gonna get a new one?

Yeah, I'm sending mine off to Microsoft. Hopefully they're prompt about repairing/replacing it.

Pejo

I'll let GAF whoop on this Junior a bit

Pejo
PSN: Vexid
Primary Character: Nu
Secondary: Ragna

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Fuck, I missed this. :\

I'd like to get in on both tourneys.

PSN: lyteedge
XBL: lyte edge
Primary: Iron Tager
Secondary: Hmm, let's go with Litchi

Ilparazzo

Am I on time?
I'll throw my name on this just for fun. Cause I suck at this game.

PSN: Ilparazzo
Primary: Hakumen
Secondary: Noel

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lyte Edge said:
In that case, I wanna change my alt to Taokaka!

K =P.

I'll be posting the pools and everything else soon, as well as the people that are oficiallly in as there have been some changes, like for example I am Canadian, and I also need to deal with future byes if I use the uneven format of 20 or 24 players instead of 16/32.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thanks. I got back on this game today after a break for a week or two, and found myself really rusty with her. Was easy to get back to Tager though. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yay, one other person who mains Tager! The few, the proud, the...oh god I hope I don't get matched up against a Nu. :lol

ZealousD

Papercuts said:
Yay, one other person who mains Tager! The few, the proud, the...oh god I hope I don't get matched up against a Nu. :lol

I'm a Nu main who has Tager as a secondary. So I know all of your weaknesses!

Fear me!

georgc

I just realized that I didn't put xbox as my service earlier. I hope that I still get in. It's 4 hours after the deadline :(

xbox
georgc
bang
none

Darkman M

georgc said:
I just realized that I didn't put xbox as my service earlier. I hope that I still get in. It's 4 hours after the deadline :(

xbox
georgc
bang
none

1208306628251.jpg

perfect :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
POOLS
XBL
Pool 1:
k0g32p.jpg

Pool 2
jfvxiv.jpg

Pool 3
33vg4mf.jpg

Pool 4
14j2gdl.jpg

PSN
Pool 1
2qc1oiw.jpg

Pool 2
98egwi.jpg

Pool 3
9tk4yp.jpg

Pool 4
5vvscy.jpg

Remember, you will fight the guys inside your pool ONLY. You will follow the rules and PLEASE, you NEED to post how many rounds each of you won!

ZealousD

XBL Pool 1 people, I'm online almost every day starting around 10:30PM CST until about 1:30.

Papercuts, I hope you've made your will, 'cause you're gonna get DESTROYED BY ZE NU! :D

Also, my name is spelled "ZealousD", not "ZealusD". =P

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Prototype-03 said:
so there's no losers bracket?

You will fight everyone in the pool. The top 2 winners, determined by victory and round wins will pass on to the next phase, a double elimination bracket.

Volcynika said:
Findmyarms? :lol

Shit that's the second time I do that in a tournament :lol :lol

Linkhero1

I just need to set a date with everyone. I am working this whole week, but I'm free on Wednesday and Thursday after Noon.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!!!!!!!!!!

AKACHAN VS ME IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!! AGAIN!!! THAT DUDE IS MY ETERNAL KRYPTONITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i <3 akachan

Awesome, not only am I in a pool with tekno and volc, but also with the non thread posters who are probably ridiculously good at this game. GG's guys.

Also, I think it would be cool if we actually all got together and watched/played our matches. Would you guys wanna meet up this Monday at 9pm central? If you don't already have it, I can also send invites to gafchat.

Top Bottom