• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Blazblue Tournament! XBL/PSN

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Papercuts vs ZealousD - XBL Pool #1
3 - 0 (Papercuts)

In my defense, I won the next 3 exhibition matches. =P

PSN POOL 4 (conman, Ilparazzo, Teknopathetic, Volcynika, FindMyArms)

I think it would be cool if we actually all got together and watched/played our matches. Would you guys wanna meet up this Monday at 9pm central? If you don't already have it, I can also send invites to gafchat.

Yeah repost I know, go away

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ZealousD said:
XBL Pool 1 people, I'm online almost every day starting around 10:30PM CST until about 1:30.

Papercuts, I hope you've made your will, 'cause you're gonna get DESTROYED BY ZE NU! :D

Also, my name is spelled "ZealousD", not "ZealusD". =P

Muahaha. :p

GGs though! And yeah, you won the 3 after the tourney rounds, but I guess that's just how the wheel of fate turns(horrible puns ftw).

conman

FindMyFarms said:
PSN POOL 4 (conman, Ilparazzo, Teknopathetic, Volcynika, FindMyArms)

I think it would be cool if we actually all got together and watched/played our matches. Would you guys wanna meet up this Monday at 9pm central? If you don't already have it, I can also send invites to gafchat.

Yeah repost I know, go away
I posted this in the other thread, but I can't make it until late on Monday (~9-10 pacific). Tuesday at 9 central would work out for me perfectly though.

PSN: Volpone

Ilparazzo

conman said:
I posted this in the other thread, but I can't make it until late on Monday (~9-10 pacific). Tuesday at 9 central would work out for me perfectly though.

PSN: Volpone

Let's see, if I'm not mistaken that's like 4 or 5 AM the next day here in GMTland. Meh, I guess I can make that, I'll just sleep afterwards.

Also, I have Nuphobia so go easy on me.

yella

A message to BadlyCookedTurkey: you gotta prune some friends, man! I sent you a friend request, but it says you're at the maximum.

Volcynika

Weeknights (central time) are fine for me, unless I have to work extra long. I'll be sure to post a message if that happens, otherwise, I should be good to go.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ZealousD said:
Papercuts vs ZealousD - XBL Pool #1
3 - 0 (Papercuts)

In my defense, I won the next 3 exhibition matches. =P

Hmm... shouldn't it have been 6-0 then? You are supposed to win at least two of the matches, and that would automatically mean it was 6-0. Enlighten me please :lol , round wins are REALLY important with the pools.

ZealousD

Relix said:
Hmm... shouldn't it have been 6-0 then? You are supposed to win at least two of the matches, and that would automatically mean it was 6-0. Enlighten me please :lol , round wins are REALLY important with the pools.

.... fuck

Papercuts won the 3 matches, I can't remember how the rounds went down. I didn't know you wanted us to be that specific. =/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ZealousD said:
.... fuck

Papercuts won the 3 matches, I can't remember how the rounds went down. I didn't know you wanted us to be that specific. =/

Can't remember how many rounds he and you won?

jibblypop

Banned
Sorry guys. I have to back out of this tournament.
I have pretty bad carpal tunnel syndrome shit and Blazblue seems to have inflamed it pretty bad this week. I can't promise either way if I can play in this tourney so I'd better just back out.
Sorry for this.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Papercuts said:
I'm pretty sure it was 2-0, 2-0, 2-1...so 6-1.

It's 3 round matches man =P. Also...... it should have only been two matches, not 3. I guess since you did get to fight the 3 matches I can count that as if you guys fought 2 3 round matches so its ok, but read the rules guys =(

jibblypop said:
Sorry guys. I have to back out of this tournament.
I have pretty bad carpal tunnel syndrome shit and Blazblue seems to have inflamed it pretty bad this week. I can't promise either way if I can play in this tourney so I'd better just back out.
Sorry for this.

Let's see if anyone wants to act as a sub. Ill probably name georgc as a sub since he was left out at the end.

Papercuts

Relix said:
It's 3 round matches man =P. Also...... it should have only been two matches, not 3. I guess since you did get to fight the 3 matches I can count that as if you guys fought 2 3 round matches so its ok, but read the rules guys =(

Sorry! :lol

I thought by 3 round matches you meant the way the game normally is, win 2 consecutive rounds to win a match but fight a 3rd if you lose one. Atleast I see the problem now. :p

jdub03

Relix said:

Let's see if anyone wants to act as a sub. Ill probably name georgc as a sub since he was left out at the end.

So its best of 5.

conman

FindMyFarms said:
OK, PSN Pool 4 meet up at Tuesday 9pm central. Agreed? And I appreciate you playin late night Ilparazzo.
Excellent. Should be fun!

...now if I could just get my win percentage above 30% before Tuesday. :D

match report for XBL pool 1 : Jdub03 vs Kafka Rock opera went as follows
Game 1: 2-1 KafkaRock
Game 2: 2-0 Jdub
Game 3: 2-1 KafkaRock

Was super close and down to the last match. Carl is so damn crazy.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
kafka rock opera said:
match report for XBL pool 1 : Jdub03 vs Kafka Rock opera went as follows
Game 1: 2-1 KafkaRock
Game 2: 2-0 Jdub
Game 3: 2-1 KafkaRock

Was super close and down to the last match. Carl is so damn crazy.

I'll let the results slide in.. buy guys... MATCHES ARE SET TO 3 ROUNDS, NOT 2!!! Whoever wins 3 ROUNDS wins the match. I'll input the results, but you have to know you will be in a ranking disadvantage round wise. Instead of having 9 won rounds it will appear as 6.

Relix said:
I'll let the results slide in.. buy guys... MATCHES ARE SET TO 3 ROUNDS, NOT 2!!! Whoever wins 3 ROUNDS wins the match. I'll input the results, but you have to know you will be in a ranking disadvantage round wise. Instead of having 9 won rounds it will appear as 6.
Ok now im really confused. Is it supposed to be best of 3 matches? using 2 rounds to win. Or is it supposed to be best of 3 matches using 3 rounds to win? I had assumed we were doing it right.

Edit : just checked the OP, Sorry i wasnt aware that tournaments did 3 wins to a round generally.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You need to win 2 matches... so its best of 3. The matches are set to 3 Rounds.

Or am I not being clear enough? Seriously, if you are confused let me know and I'll make the changes in the OP

ZealousD

Relix said:

Okay, instead of using the terminology you're using now, say matches should be "best 3 out of 5". Also, should we do all 3 matches? Or, if somebody wins the first 2 matches, should we just stop?

Papercuts, how about we just redo our matches? Especially if it's going to screw everything up for Relix. I think you're right that it was 2-0,2-0,2-1 but I'm not 100% sure either.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
^ Ya I'll just do that. I can keep the fights recorded, that's ok, it quite probably was my fault in the way I relayed the rules, but there could be a rounds disadvantage since the pool system breaks out ties depending on who won more rounds, and having a disadvantage in one of those moments could be a bitch.

Redo it or keep it, its up to you guys. Sorry for the confusion heh.

About an end time, I haven't still decided, seeing how the battles occur meanwhile. Will determine it in the next days.

EDIT: If you win the two matches then that's set. No need to do a third one.

ZealousD

Relix said:
EDIT: If you win the two matches then that's set. No need to do a third one.

If that's the case the number of rounds that people play are going to be different. You'll have to keep that in mind when doing the tiebreakers. Seems like it would be easier if everybody just did 3 matches regardless of whether or not a player won the first 2.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ZealousD said:
If that's the case the number of rounds that people play are going to be different. You'll have to keep that in mind when doing the tiebreakers. Seems like it would be easier if everybody just did 3 matches regardless of whether or not a player won the first 2.

Yes I know what you mean BUT...

2-0 ranks higher than 2-1. Yes you have more rounds, but matches won and lost have priority over rounds won.

ZealousD

XBL Pool #1 - ZealousD vs jdub03
Winner: ZealousD
1st match: 3 - 0 (Nu vs Carl)
2nd match: 3 - 0 (Nu vs Carl)

ZealousD

XBL Pool #1 - ZealousD vs Ultimat8p00
Winner: ZealousD
1st match: 3 - 0 (Nu vs Noel)
2nd match: 3 - 1 (Nu vs Noel)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
akachan ningen said:
Relix, you didn't put Johnnym60 on the players list and somehow spelled his name Johnmy90. :p

:lol :lol :lol :lol !!!! Yeah he's in the player list I just misspelled the name... like Finmyarms lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Actually guys... about ROUND WINS, I switched up the rules a bit.

Don't worry about inputting round information!!! I made some changes and well... just post the number of times you won and lost matches, don't worry about rounds. Still optional of course!

It takes in consideration two things:
Your Win-Loss Record (example, ZealousD is 2-0 and 4-0. What this means is he has won 2 times, and hasn't lost a single match)
And as I said... the number of times you won a match. Zealous hasn't lost a match so its 4-0. See? See? :lol Holy shit I hope I dont confuse people.

Papercuts

ZealousD said:
Okay, instead of using the terminology you're using now, say matches should be "best 3 out of 5". Also, should we do all 3 matches? Or, if somebody wins the first 2 matches, should we just stop?

Papercuts, how about we just redo our matches? Especially if it's going to screw everything up for Relix. I think you're right that it was 2-0,2-0,2-1 but I'm not 100% sure either.

We can redo them if you want, I don't mind.

jdub03

Edit:

Okay since we dont have to report the rounds the matches went like this.

XBL Pool #1 jdub03 vs ultimate8poo

winner - jdub03 2-1

1st match- jdub03 (ragna vs noel)
2nd match- ultimate8poo (carl vs noel)
3rd match- jdub03 (ragna vs noel)

ultim8p00

Banned
jdub03 said:
Edit:

Okay since he changed it up the match went like this

XBL Pool #1 jdub03 vs ultimate8poo
winner - jdub03 2-1
1st match- jdub03 (ragna vs noel)
2nd match- ultimate8poo (carl vs noel)
3rd match- jdub03 (ragna vs noel)

ultim8p00 vs jdub03

1st match - jdub03 (3-0)
2nd match - ultim8p00 (3-0)
3rd match - jdub03 (uhh 3-0? 3-1? I don't remember this one)

ultim8p00 vs Zealous D

1st match - Zealous D (3-0)
2nd match - Zealous D (3-1)
3rd match - Zealous D (3-1? I don't remember this one either)

I just got back from work and I was very tired lol. That's why I can't remember anything.

I saw we all record the games we play, that way we can always double check.

ZealousD

ultim8p00 said:
ultim8p00 vs jdub03

3rd match - jdub03 (uhh 3-0? 3-1? I don't remember this one)

I think you guys were 3-1.

ultim8p00 vs Zealous D

3rd match - Zealous D (3-1? I don't remember this one either)

We didn't have a third match. I won two matches and so we skipped out on the third.

ZealousD

Relix said:
Actually guys... about ROUND WINS, I switched up the rules a bit.

Don't worry about inputting round information!!! I made some changes and well... just post the number of times you won and lost matches, don't worry about rounds. Still optional of course!

It takes in consideration two things:
Your Win-Loss Record (example, ZealousD is 2-0 and 4-0. What this means is he has won 2 times, and hasn't lost a single match)
And as I said... the number of times you won a match. Zealous hasn't lost a match so its 4-0. See? See? :lol Holy shit I hope I dont confuse people.

So basically the first set of numbers is our win-loss ratio against other players in our pool, and the second is our overall win-loss record taking every match into account.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ZealousD said:
So basically the first set of numbers is our win-loss ratio against other players in our pool, and the second is our overall win-loss record taking every match into account.

Yep

DunpealD

CcrooK said:
PSN - Pool 3

What's a good day and time for everyone? Evenings are best for me as always.

I'm in EU so I depending on when, evening might not be the best time. Especially when I'm playing with a lack of sleep.

According to GAF time I'm GMT+2.

akachan ningen said:
Relix, you didn't put Johnnym60 on the players list and somehow spelled his name Johnmy90. :p

:lol :lol

Will be on tonight. I'm a Euro though just to make things confusing. On GAF BB chat nearly every night, normally on the PS3 till 1am UK time.

MrDoctor

Is Wednesday all right for PSN Pool 2? I need to work today and tomorrow, but then i'll be free the rest of the week.

ultim8p00

Banned
ZealousD said:
I think you guys were 3-1.

We didn't have a third match. I won two matches and so we skipped out on the third.

Oh yeah that's right. Probably why I can't remember lol.

Hey Relix so is it matches that count or rounds?

Because I have one 4 rounds against jdub, and 1 against Zealous D for a total of 5 rounds, but I have only won 1 match consisting of 3 rounds.

But I ultimately lost to both Zealous D and jdub and I'm kinda confused what's what.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Matches won is what counts, not rounds. Sorry for the confusion, that was entirely my fault =P

Top Bottom