• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Thread & Gamertag Roundup(PC/PS3/360)

djkimothy

CajoleJuice said:
I might add a GAF clan tag. Anyone else with me? It'd be cool to run into fellow gaffers.

I was about to ask this. Is there any plan to make a GAF (PS3) clan? I was thinking about the realism unit but I don't think I would fit well in that clan.

CajoleJuice said:
I might add a GAF clan tag. Anyone else with me? It'd be cool to run into fellow gaffers.
I think a bunch of us used [GAF] during the Beta, and it was amusing running into other Gaffers randomly.

Aeon712

Once I unlock the Clan tag option GAF is going infront of my name. Online is so awesome although I suck (.85k/d) makes me cry. I need a better rifle only hitting 13% of my shots is hurting me.

djkimothy

Aeon712 said:
Once I unlock the Clan tag option GAF is going infront of my name. Online is so awesome although I suck (.85k/d) makes me cry. I need a better rifle only hitting 13% of my shots is hurting me.

Once you get the ACOG scope you'll be a lot better. Though it imblances the game a bit when everyone else on your team doesn't have one. Red dot definitely improved my game.

Seriously, after all that time, they couldn't implement a party system that actually acts like one? The leader pulls out of the game and everyone else has to do it manually? WTF.

Does Bungie have a patent of logical party system or something? "Anything that makes sense, we own it". Christ...

And they should rename Martyrdom perk as Dickless wonder perk. Talk about fucking annoying. And the blast raidus for that perk is like twice as big as regular nades...

Yea, a bunch of us playing last night added the GAF clan tag in front of our names. I'm gonna keep it. And in regards to Martyrdom, I use it since I get plenty of kills with it, but over the course of only one day, I've noticed my kills going down. I know I barely get killed by it, and other people will get used to it. Once I notice it's not getting many kills anymore, I'll switch my perk.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Phatsaqs.png

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
God bless the red dot. It's awful having to play weapons without it until it's opened up!

Geoff9920 said:
Any GAF 360 games goin on tonight?

Better not be tonite! Thursday's are TF2 nites. jk

Any word on when the gaf games will start? Anyday but Thursdays please :D This game needs to be played on a weekend or a Wednesday. Maybe a 2 a week match to accomadate the weekday and weekend workers? The community seems big enough to host it.

Hammer

Count me in for the GAF clan tag bandwagon!

And Thursdays are bad for me too... I encourage you all to join the TF2 games this evening. :D

Over the weekend has my vote.

I feel like having discussion about this game in here since the official thread over in the gaming forum is such a fucking shithole.

Eric WK said:
Is it secret? Is it safe?

What happens in the online forum STAYS on the online forum. ;)

Anyways, I tried asking for some help in the official thread and it got lost over the graphics whores bitching about geometry. So Im going to ask her and hope for some real responses from the people actually playing the game and not just looking at the grapahics. Any help would be welcomed.

Played the game on hardened yesterday and I am stuck in one of the stages. Its where you're playing the SAS after the copter crash. For the life of me, I can't get through that open field where there is a lone soldier with a flashlight walking around. I try to sneak by and I can make it to the last haystack next to the stream, but as soon as I get there, I get spotted and then all hell breaks loose. I would probably be able to shoot my way through, but there is a damn helicopter that spams me with bullets. How the hell do I clear this area?

Andokuky

Banned
Anyone unlock the M14 yet? Played in a game with 3 guys in the high 40's and holy shit they were tearing us up with them...

Masta_Killah said:
What happens in the online forum STAYS on the online forum. ;)

Anyways, I tried asking for some help in the official thread and it got lost over the graphics whores bitching about geometry. So Im going to ask her and hope for some real responses from the people actually playing the game and not just looking at the grapahics. Any help would be welcomed.

I am pretty sure that there is no way to sneak by with out things going to hell.

OCD is having a video contest and I need to capture some footage, so I will be on most of the night. I will get on around 7:30-8:00 est. (360 version Septicliquid=LIVE tag)

SepticLiquid said:
I am pretty sure that there is no way to sneak by with out things going to hell.

OCD is having a video contest and I need to capture some footage, so I will be on most of the night. I will get on around 7:30-8:00 est. (360 version Septicliquid=LIVE tag)

:( ugh... I guess I'll have to make a mad dash to the wall then.

JB1981

it's time to get our game on tonight

whoever wants in, hit me up. we had a pretty good group last night and i'm ready for some more.

Tag is Beamber

Geoff9920

JB1981 said:

whoever wants in, hit me up. we had a pretty good group last night and i'm ready for some more.

Tag is Beamber
I'm in, expect a friend invite from me. (Rodrik)

Hammer

JB1981 said:

Tag is Beamber

I'll hop in after the TF2 game if you guys are still playing. FR INC!

chapel

Banned
Updated the OP with new gamertags and Icy's vent server info.

I omitted some peoples gamertags because they didn't give me the required information, that being timezone/difference to gmt.

I would be interested in setting up a game. How about friday nights? If we get enough we could just run custom games against each other, that would be fun. If we have 8 or less we can play Ground War or with 6 or less any of the other playlists. Let me know what times you would like to play at, I am thinking anywhere after 6pm PST.

I think we shouldn't do thursday is because that is the TF2 gaming night at least on the 360, oh yeah I am setting this up for the 360.

Hammer

For the 360 night...

Fridays are preferred. For the rest of the month I'm free after 9pst, and after that I should be free after 6 on Fridays.

Aeon712

It really sucks that players have to be on your XMB Friends list, last night we had to go down the line of JRZEZ adding me, then me adding DJ and DJ adding Remy for the 4 of us to play togather. Now with Remy on my friends list that should eliminate a step.

The bomb mode is sooo intense :D

Aeon712

JB1981 said:
alright boys, i'm about to fire this thing up

message me if you want to play
I'd join you if Uncharted demo wasn't downloading and Supernatural coming on afterwards. If you are still on at 10 I'm game.

Aeon712 said:
It really sucks that players have to be on your XMB Friends list, last night we had to go down the line of JRZEZ adding me, then me adding DJ and DJ adding Remy for the 4 of us to play togather. Now with Remy on my friends list that should eliminate a step.

The bomb mode is sooo intense :D

I've also had problems with the party system.Sometimes when someone comes into the party someone else gets kicked out.

djkimothy

johnFkennedy said:
I've also had problems with the party system.Sometimes when someone comes into the party someone else gets kicked out.

I've had "Network error" and "Party full" when trying to accpet invitations. And why does the whole party have to go down just cause the host leaves. :/

Definitely isn't as painless as Resistance, but at least it's something.

Kosma

Banned
Played 5 hours straight yesterday, some of the best MP action I have ever seen. The perks seem really balanced atm, and there are so many combinations to try out...SWEET!

PS: Martyrdom is for noobs ;)

Several people have suggested Friday night and I have not seen any objections, so unless there is a problem I think we have our day.

I spent the entire night doing team tactical with a pair of friends last night and some of the game types you run into are damn fun.

Without a doubt one of the most interesting was a headquarters game on the small map with all the shipping containers (forget the name). It was 3v3, when you capture the HQ you start to gain points but the team that has the HQ doesn't respawn. Such frantic close quarter game play was quite the departure from most of the larger maps and "slower" game types.

djkimothy

oo Kosma oo said:
Played 5 hours straight yesterday, some of the best MP action I have ever seen. The perks seem really balanced atm, and there are so many combinations to try out...SWEET!

PS: Martyrdom is for noobs ;)

No, the noobs are the ones that stick around after killing me. ;)

Sometimes I take the roll as a suicide bomber and just make my way to the middle of a pack and hope to score 2-3 kills after i die.

Free kills FTW.

djkimothy said:

Sometimes I take the roll as a suicide bomber and just make my way to the middle of a pack and hope to score 2-3 kills after i die.

Free kills FTW.

It is funny to watch the kill cam after you die when the enemy realizes that you just dropped that nade they start freaking out trying to get away. It is always good for a laugh. :D

JB1981

Geoff9920 said:
Well that was a bust. :p Maybe we should designate a night like several people have been suggesting?
yea sorry about that, Geoff.

I got a little involved in SP and then I got tired and went to bed. My new job has made me an old man. I'm in bed by 10:30 now. I'm so lame. I will definitely look out for you tonight, though, if you're on.

Kosma

Banned
djkimothy said:

Free kills FTW.

Real men stick to perks that allow them to actively kill enemies ;) I don't need free kills, I want my enemies to know they have been beaten by a better player!

djkimothy

oo Kosma oo said:
Real men stick to perks that allow them to actively kill enemies ;) I don't need free kills, I want my enemies to know they have been beaten by a better player!

Heheh. I still do that too. M16 + Red dot + Stopping power perk = win. :D

If there's one critique I have for COD4 MP it's that the gun attachments get old real quick. Just red dot, then silencer then ACOG for every gun makes for a generic experience.

Socom 3 still holds the crown for customizable weapons on my book. The online play though is still better in COD4.

Andokuky

Banned
Anyone having trouble getting into games lately? When I'm in a party with 5-6 people someone is almost always dropped and when we finally connect the lobby closes.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
PS3 | Kaako | Kaako l Eastern Time US

I'm @ level 39 right now and would love to play COD4 with some of the gaffers.
Add me if you wanna play some COD4.

Kosma

Banned
Anyone else having problems to play online right now? I can't connect to the servers for the past 30 min or so :(

djkimothy said:
Heheh. I still do that too. M16 + Red dot + Stopping power perk = win. :D

If there's one critique I have for COD4 MP it's that the gun attachments get old real quick. Just red dot, then silencer then ACOG for every gun makes for a generic experience.

Socom 3 still holds the crown for customizable weapons on my book. The online play though is still better in COD4.

Man I got Martyrdom now....and I must say it's funny as hell :lol Might trade it in later though for something else.

Nightz

oo Kosma oo said:
Anyone else having problems to play online right now? I can't connect to the servers for the past 30 min or so :(
Yeah, I've been trying to get on for the past hour and 15 minutes. I think the servers are down (for the PS3 version at least).

djkimothy

oo Kosma oo said:

Man I got Martyrdom now....and I must say it's funny as hell :lol Might trade it in later though for something else.

I find certain game types are more easily accessible than others. Sabotage and Domination are easier to start than Team Death match or free for all. It's hard to tell what kind of game mode to search for since you don't know how many people are online. I've pretty uch given up on team death match unless I'm online during peak times.

Martyrdom is a good perk for when I want to keep my k/d ratio above 1.00. I'm currently above 1 but I want it higher.

Currently my favourite Perk combo is the UAV Jam/Sleight of hands (Perk2) and Extreme conditioning (perk 3). With sleight of hands it makes reloading a sub machine gun a breeze and I can usually be gun ready within 1 second. :D

My Silent Assassin class:
Primary: MP5/M4 - silenced
Perk 1 - Bomb Squad
Perk 2 - UAV Jammer
Perk 3 - Extreme Conditioning.

I find Dead silence useless since there's so much mayhem going on no one ever notices me sneaking up for a knife kill. UAV jammer is a better perk since people pay attention to the mini map more often.

Top Bottom