• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

Dambrosi

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Friend wants Mafia 2 digital deluxe as cheap as possible, that would be in the uk right ?

any Euro Gaffer can help him out ? I'll pm the steam id, he can paypal right away.
If he's not been dealt with already, PM or message me.

Dambrosi

Banned
SalsaShark, I got your mate his game, but he had to leave before the transaction could be completed. His game is waiting for him to accept it.

He should get it when he comes back, but if there's a way you can let him know the deal went through OK, I'd be grateful.

Dambrosi

Banned
dangrib said:
Is anyone able to gift me mafia 2 from the uk store?
I will paypal instantly.
PM sent.

Shit, new page:

I can help out people who want Mafia II, though you'll have to PayPal me the moneys beforehand (no balance).

SteamID is Dambrosi. PM me with your steamID if you're interested, then we can get started.

oh, and what Drizzle said would also be nice, but that's entirely up to you.

Oh yeah, my profile page is http://steamcommunity.com/id/kingofallkosmos, for those having trouble finding me.

Salsa

Dambrosi said:
SalsaShark, I got your mate his game, but he had to leave before the transaction could be completed. His game is waiting for him to accept it.

He should get it when he comes back, but if there's a way you can let him know the deal went through OK, I'd be grateful.

done!

thanks a bunch

MBison

Anyone have mirror's Edge to gift for cheaper than standard price? (missed out when it was on sale)

can paypal or gift something

thanks!

Dambrosi

Banned
dangrib said:
PM sent to Dambrosi
Hey dangrib, I've sent you an FR, accept it and let's get moving, eh? :lol

Also, could whoever "loudprofessional" is please respond to my messages? Thanks. He responded.

Firehead

Firehead said:
Sorry again..
But would anyone want a $25 US gamestop gift card (it can be used on their site to order stuff, and they're having free shipping for any orders over $20! And The Sims 3 is on sale for $20 if that fancies you!) in exchange for about $20 worth of Steam games? You'll gain $5 by doing this and I'll let you use the code before you buy the Steam games, too! Yeah!

Once more before the sale ends :/

Dambrosi

Banned
untoldhero said:
If someone from the UK could gift me or I pay them to get Mafia 2 for me that would be great.

Steam ID: untold11

Looks like I'm up! I'll FR you in a sec, hold on.

EDIT: I'm going to sleep now. I'll be back before the sale ends, so FR me in the meantime if you want me! :D

deleted

Anyone from the UK or US able to gift me Bioshock 1? It's only available in a low violence version and with german language around here. I will paypal right away.

Most of the time german dubbing for games outright sucks and don't get me started with the uncountable low violence versions over here...

Tazo

Could someone please gift me L4D2 from the US or UK, I'm in Australia and I don't want the censored copy! Steam name is 'mattwestcott'. Let me know PayPal details and I'll send cash right away.

MDSLKTR

I have a steam activation code for just cause 2 (I am using the copy that came with the squenix pack during the christmas sale). I am willing to exchange it if someone gift me on steam either borderlands (regular edition of course), bioshock 2, nfs shift or call of juarez bound in blood. They are about the same price.
PM if you are interested.

Tazo

Hey, I was hoping to get L4D2 while the sale is still on (another 2 hours), but I'm getting pretty sleepy here in Australia. Anyone able to gift me a copy and I'll send some extra cash for the effort? Thanks!

MNC

Tazo said:
Hey, I was hoping to get L4D2 while the sale is still on (another 2 hours), but I'm getting pretty sleepy here in Australia. Anyone able to gift me a copy and I'll send some extra cash for the effort? Thanks!
Are you willing to pay in Euro's? I don't know the exchange rate for AUD=EUR but that's only how I can help you :/

Left 4 Dead 2 is 6.80€ for me if you want in. PM me if you do!

Any US gaffer contact me on Steam? I want to buy some last minute sales and I want to shave off some bucks :(

Tazo

It's ok, I was willing to pay the extra for an uncensored version of the game anyway! I've been waiting to get this game for ages!

deleted

I really have to thank GAF in general and Azentium in specific for helping me out this often during the past few weeks.

Without your help I would be in a much healthier position, money wise :D

But since there's no way to upgrade my german steam account to an "international" steam account I would have missed out on so many great games, its not even funny. Or I could play some of them with the atmosphere switch way down due to green blood or vanishing bodies before they hit the ground - and a bad german dub.

I have a spare steam-copy of Burnout: Paradise flying around, I'd like to give it to someone who helped out lots of people.
Azentium has first dips, but if he doesn't want it, feel free to claim it, if you helped out around here...

Achamian

what with recently acquiring a new laptop and finally being able to play some decent games (previous desktop being too old for anything post 2006 odd) i have discovered that i have extra copies of HL2 & EP1 on my steam account. I know these are probably owned by pretty much everyone here but if you dont have them or know someone that wants them please pm me, first to pm gets them.

:D

Manik

Just a heads-up to let anyone know that if they would like a game gifting to them from the UK store at any time, then I'm quite happy to help you out. I'm around most evenings, so just drop me a PM and we'll sort something out. :D

Would prefer to use PayPal too, if possible.

Parham

Banned
Many thanks to Dambrosi, BloodySinner, Firehead, Kerrinck, .nimrod, W1SSY, Zeitgeister, and Salacious Crumb for helping GAFfers get deals outside of their regions. Hopefully there will be even more people willing to help during the summer sale later this year.

xyla said:
I really have to thank GAF in general and Azentium in specific for helping me out this often during the past few weeks.

Without your help I would be in a much healthier position, money wise :D

But since there's no way to upgrade my german steam account to an "international" steam account I would have missed out on so many great games, its not even funny. Or I could play some of them with the atmosphere switch way down due to green blood or vanishing bodies before they hit the ground - and a bad german dub.

I have a spare steam-copy of Burnout: Paradise flying around, I'd like to give it to someone who helped out lots of people.
Azentium has first dips, but if he doesn't want it, feel free to claim it, if you helped out around here...
Thank you for the offer, but I can't accept it. :)

Firehead

azentium said:
Many thanks to Dambrosi, BloodySinner, Firehead, Kerrinck, .nimrod, W1SSY, Zeitgeister, and Salacious Crumb for helping GAFfers get deals outside of their regions. Hopefully there will be even more people willing to help during the summer sale later this year.
I'm glad to have been able to help! I enjoyed it. That is, until paypal decided to go all crazy and what-not. I apologise for not being able to help out after all that happened. ):

Kleevah

Any brits wanna gift the Dead Space 2 preorder? The euro price is downright rape, but £30 is much more reasonable.

SteamID is same as nick, and I can paypal right away.

Edit: Got it!

Manik

Kleevah said:
Any brits wanna gift the Dead Space 2 preorder? The euro price is downright rape, but £30 is much more reasonable.

SteamID is same as nick, and I can paypal right away.

I can help you out Kleevah, but won't be back home from work until ~5.30pm GMT.

Throw a PM my way if you still need it.

Aon

Any Brits still up for helping someone out with a Dead Space 2 pre order?

Edit: Manik's a champion, my fear of Junior Members was unfounded :D

Manik

Hi Aon,

I'm happy to gift you a Dead Space 2 pre-order if you still need it. Just throw a PM my way.

Will be back from work 5.30GMT, if that's ok :)

Shaneus

Firehead said:
This isn't really Steam, but it does register on it...
Could anyone help me get this? I'll paypal the money and whatnot.
Link blocked at work... is it cheap? I might have to jump in myself.

Shaneus

Shit, that is cheap. I'd buy it but chances are the money I'd be saving would be less than the effort it's worth to get it at that price.

Spookie

Can anyone in the US gift me Dawn of War II - Retribution (Imperial Guard Race Pack)?

If you'd be willing to help please PM me. I'll instantly transfer funds via paypal. :)

twdnewh_k

Assassin's creed Brotherhood has different release dates for US and euro (feb 22 vs mar 26)
Will gifting work in this case ?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Hi guys. I'd really appreciate You Don't Know Jack from anyone in the US. I have Psychonauts for trade but it needs to be resent so I'm happy to make the first move. Awesome game for an awesome game. Anybody?

...also have ancient Half-Life 2 copy. There's a copy of Dead Space 1 sent to a family member but not redeemed, so if there's interest I'll make sure the gift was really wanted.

ElNarez

Banned
Same deal here. If anyone wants to gift me You Don't Know jack, I'll be more than happy to give you cash or maybe a game of similar value whatever works best for you.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
ElNarez said:
Same deal here. If anyone wants to gift me You Don't Know jack, I'll be more than happy to give you cash or maybe a game of similar value whatever works best for you.
But you have disposable cash. That's the difference! :lol

iNvid02

r6zVW.png

A little introduction. During the Christmas sales of 2010, I gifted many non-American users Steam games at the American prices (Steam prices in USD for most games is a lot cheaper than the EUR/GBP price). The non-US person Paypals me X USD (X = the price of the game in USD), and I gift them the game. I did with around 20 people or so. Everyone is happy; the non-US player saves money, and Valve/the publisher is still getting paid for the game. I guess Valve wasn't so happy, however...
Has this ever happened to anyone here who helped European gamers save some cash by gifting them the games for cheaper? I am mainly surprised since I see nothing about it in their ToS, etc. (though I may have missed it). Valve and the publishers are technically not losing anything. Based on my account being banned, do you think the prices are just raised for non-US "because they can"? If it was due to currency conversion, why would they ban me? Just some food for thought...
Edit: just to confirm, I am banned (acount 100% disabled). It was not a warning. The image is a reply of my "ban appeal" via Steam Support.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thnikkaman said:
Hi guys. I'd really appreciate You Don't Know Jack from anyone in the US. I have Psychonauts for trade but it needs to be resent so I'm happy to make the first move. Awesome game for an awesome game. Anybody?

...also have ancient Half-Life 2 copy. There's a copy of Dead Space 1 sent to a family member but not redeemed, so if there's interest I'll make sure the gift was really wanted.
If you ever want to give away that unredeemed copy of Dead Space 1, I'll take it! :)

Top Bottom