• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

elektrixx

Banned
I know this a real stretch, but if someone's willing to gift the Doom Pack at the daily deal price I'd be a very happy man.

Actually I'll pay $10 USD + Paypal fee.

hawkshockey11 said:
You can't paypal to Russia so unless they want a trade, none of you will get it at that price
Yeah, sad thing there is no way to gift Steam Wallet money. Sorry guys, don't have anything to trade for.

Firehead

Are there any four packs going on for Terraria at the moment? I'd like to get two copies for a couple of friends. Mind you, I can't host the four pack thing. :/
Or does anyone have any extra copies they'd like to sell?

Firehead said:
Are there any four packs going on for Terraria at the moment? I'd like to get two copies for a couple of friends. Mind you, I can't host the four pack thing. :/
Or does anyone have any extra copies they'd like to sell?

I also look for 2 copies of terraria, want to team up? I can buy 4 packs, but not until I got home, I'm currently at work and will be home in 3 or 4 hours. interested?

btw, why can't you host the 4 pack things? I never tried it, but I can see the option to buy 4 packs just fine in my Steam yesterday

Firehead

Callibretto said:
I also look for 2 copies of terraria, want to team up? I can buy 4 packs, but not until I got home, I'm currently at work and will be home in 3 or 4 hours. interested?

btw, why can't you host the 4 pack things? I never tried it, but I can see the option to buy 4 packs just fine in my Steam yesterday
I already own the game and I'm currently not able to accept any money through paypal. But yeah, that sounds good to me :)

Firehead said:
I already own the game and I'm currently not able to accept any money through paypal. But yeah, that sounds good to me :)

wait, you can't buy 4 packs if you already owned the game? I already own the game too, I'm thinking to buy 2 copies and gift it to my friends.

Firehead

Callibretto said:
wait, you can't buy 4 packs if you already owned the game? I already own the game too, I'm thinking to buy 2 copies and gift it to my friends.
Yeah, the options to purchase as a gift come up greyed out for me.
ibIiTw.PNG

Caerith

You should be able to buy a 4 pack as a gift-by-email and then just had out the redeems. Is it not letting you?

(Also: I'm available for the next few hours if anyone needs US-gaffer giftsistance.)

Firehead said:
Yeah, the options to purchase as a gift come up greyed out for me.
ibIiTw.PNG
so I can't buy 4 packs too, too bad, if I create a new steam account and buy 4 packs, can I gift all 4 games or I have to take 1 item for that account?

edit: nevermind, I just check by adding Magicka 4 packs (I don't have magika yet) and I can only purchase it for myself, and give the 3 extra copies for other people. option to purchase as gift is greyed out.

Caerith

Callibretto said:
anyone know if steam gift is locked to the email you sent to or not?
Pretty sure it's not. The sender can always resend a gift until it's been claimed, and the recipient only gets "an attractive card" with a link and instructions on how to install Steam.

Caerith said:
Pretty sure it's not. The sender can always resend a gift until it's been claimed, and the recipient only gets "an attractive card" with a link and instructions on how to install Steam.

I googled around and read that when a someone try to claim a gift, after he install steam, he have to use the same email which received the gift from. he can't receive the email in his a@gmail.com and when he create a steam account, use a different email address.

that seems to imply that it's locked to the email.

botlite

I'm still looking for a UK member to help me get Wolfenstein (2009 version). Paypal is ready to go. Steam username is botlite.

dani_dc

Callibretto said:
I googled around and read that when a someone try to claim a gift, after he install steam, he have to use the same email which received the gift from. he can't receive the email in his a@gmail.com and when he create a steam account, use a different email address.

From the Steam Support

I sent a Steam gift to a friend's email address, but that person already owns this game. Can I give this gift to someone else?
Yes, provided your friend has not already redeemed your gift using a different Steam account. To give your gift to a different friend, install Steam if you haven't already done so. After logging into your account, click on the "Games" menu and select "Manage gifts and guest passes". From the Gifts and Guest Passes dialog, highlight the gift in question and select "Resend" to give your gift to a new recipient.

And in the question above that it also says

You may also try sending the gift to your own email address and then forwarding the email you receive to your friend.

masterkajo

I am looking for a US member to gift me Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines as long as it is still on sale. Unfortunately, I don't have paypal so I can only trade (have nothing in particular right now - just PM me if you want something in the EU store for about €10.-).

Thanks

Caerith

Callibretto said:

dani_dc linked quoted the reason I believe it's not locked to the email. I don't have any personal experience in receiving gifts, so I can't say for sure. I do have personal experience in sending gifts, and I know that the sender can change the address of the gift up until it's claimed. If you send a gift to your friend at his @fatchickswithpartyhats.com address but really he wants you to send it to his @gmail, you can go in and change where it goes before he redeems it.

As long as you communicate with whoever you send gifts to, you should not have any problem with the email thing.

Taeczy

Neo Member
anyone want a copy borderlands GOTY?
got the four pack and have 2 copies left.
going for 5.50USD each or trade for another game
add me on steam:

itsjusteric

thanks

Could some kindly soul from the US please send a copy of DOW2 Retribution to my friend's email? I'll pay you via Paypal. Please send me a PM. Thanks! :D

EDIT: Completed. Thanks a bunch, Caerith!

iSimon

Taeczy said:
anyone want a copy borderlands GOTY?
got the four pack and have 2 copies left.
going for 5.50USD each or trade for another game
add me on steam:

itsjusteric

thanks
Still any left?
I'll take one, added you on Steam.

oipic

Hey all - I'm a bit upset with myself at missing out on a copy of Frozen Synapse during the sale, so please shout out if you're looking to offload your second copy, or go halves in a new purchase, or if I can gift something your way in return etc.

Steam ID is oipic - thanks guys.

EDIT: jediyoshi... a sincere thank you, good Sir.

Fxp

Anyone from US who could help me with Terraria? One copy from 4-pack is fine as well.
Steam username: zandarts

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for a US gaffer willing to gift me Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Cryostasis (which is 2x cheaper there WTF). Will pay you back via paypal.

EDIT: Props to Caerith for helping me out.

MNC

Looking for a last minute Terraria 4 pack. I can account for two copies so I need one more person and a Host (I'm EuroGAF). Anyone up for this?

MNC said:
Looking for a last minute Terraria 4 pack. I can account for two copies so I need one more person and a Host (I'm EuroGAF). Anyone up for this?

I'll take 1 spot to gift my friend, but I can't host, I already own the game

I need help from a US gaffer to gift me the Sims 3 pack, so if there is any US people online please help me make my girlfriend happy.

Will paypal the money immediately.

Maxim726X

Figure I'll ask one more time...

For anyone that regrets their Recettear purchase, I will take it off your hands for the sale price+ a little extra for your time.

Top Bottom