• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

Torraz

I'm also looking for someone to please gift me Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines from the US store due to censorship in the EU one version.

I will, of course, paypal you in advance.

edit: wilflare helped me, thanks a lot

OniShiro

Banned
I'm also looking for someone to please gift me Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines from the US store due to censorship in the EU one version.

I will, of course, paypal you in advance.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
I have a bunch of of gifts and some GreenManGaming credit I'm looking to offload. Looking to trade for Steam gifts.

HAVE:
Portal
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
$15 of GreenManGaming credit (Can be used for Civ5, Magicka, etc.)

WANT:
Steam gifts

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
wilflare said:
due to geoip.. anyone can help me get a copy of Civ5?
getting for my Steam friend

EDIT: those who need help with Bloodlines, please add me on Steam: wilflare :)

check your pms

if anyone else needs help getting civ5 PM me

ryz

Hey fine folks, looking for a US copy of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, because German censorship sucks balls big time! Will PayPal in advance, of course!

My SteamID: ryz_

thanks!

/edit: thanks again to Stronghammer22! got the game!

wilflare

once again, those needing help to get a copy of Bloodlines, feel free to add me on Steam: wilflare

am in Singapore but prices show in USD (and based on what i read.. censorship can be removed via patch)

lemme know if you need helpp :D

Nairume

Banned
If anybody is interested, I've got a Magicka key that I'm willing to trade for Vampire or something else of equivalent value (essentially making Magicka half priced).

Lime

Anybody willing to gift me today's deal (Capsized) and From Dust pre-order from the US? I'll paypal you right away. Just PM me your paypal ID and I'll PM you my Steamid. Thanks in advance!

Dizzy-4U

Can someone gift me the complete SSFIVAE costume pack DLC? The game is blocked in my region and I can't see the store.

I will paypal in advance of course. I think is $15.

edit: Stronghammer22, you're awesome!!!! GAF is an amazing place thanks to people like you :)

TheSoviet said:
Have: 4 Dirt 3 codes.

Want: £10 each via paypal or 1 code for Fallout New Vegas on Steam.

PM with offers.

:)
I wouldn't normally comment, but that is kind of a high asking price for something that you got for free, don't you think?

TheSoviet said:
Still doesn't mean that I got them for free.
I apologize. I hastily jumped to conclusions and made assumptions. Where did you get the codes from, out of curiosity? I'd personally never buy that many codes for a single game, though.

Echoplx

I'm curious too, the game isn't Steamworks so the only way to obtain those keys would be via the Vision challenge or some other promotional thing by AMD

TheSoviet said:
Still doesn't mean that I got them for free.
TheSoviet said:
I won them and the website I got them from sent me more than they should of.
TheSoviet said:
Want: £10 each via paypal or 1 code for Fallout New Vegas on Steam.
At least three of the four keys you got for free and you're now selling them for £10 each or a game worth £30.

Either way, this thread is not for selling. From the OP:
"This thread has been created for the sole purpose of gifting Steam games from certain regions to users in regions where distributors do not believe in equality and like to jack up the prices for the exact same DD copy of a game."

duckroll

This thread is not for selling of Steam keys. It is for gifting. If you want to sell shit, go into the buy/sell/trade thread. Also, trying to sell keys you got for free by abusing a contest that everyone knew about is generally considered poor form. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
duckroll said:
This thread is not for selling of Steam keys. It is for gifting. If you want to sell shit, go into the buy/sell/trade thread. Also, trying to sell keys you got for free by abusing a contest that everyone knew about is generally considered poor form. :p
What about trades? What if there's a Daily Deal or something for 5 bucks or less and I'm willing to trade a Steam-registrable key for it?

The proper place for that is still the buy/sell/trade thread?

duckroll

drizzle said:
What about trades? What if there's a Daily Deal or something for 5 bucks or less and I'm willing to trade a Steam-registrable key for it?

This thread is mostly for gifting. If there is something specific you want on Steam which you cannot buy for some reason (mostly related to regioning), you request for someone to gift it to you here. You can also offer something for trade, or payment via Paypal.

But this thread is not meant to sell/trade codes which you specifically want to get rid of. I hope that helps! :)

Petrie

Banned
drizzle said:

Isn't the answer obvious? There's a buy/sell/trade thread, and this is the GIFTING thread.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Petrie said:
Isn't the answer obvious? There's a buy/sell/trade thread, and this is the GIFTING thread.
My point is: It's not really gifting. People pay for the "gifts". What if they wanted to pay with another key they have no use for?

Duckroll message made it pretty clear tho. No need to further discuss this issue.

Cohsae

Not sure what the etiquette is in here, but Stronghammer22 (he's awaiting account activation) just sent me a copy of Limbo in exchange for my gift copy of Frozen Synapse and was an all-round cool dude.

ryz

Also looking for a US copy of the Quakecon package! because (you guessed it!) German censorship still sucks balls big time! Will PayPal in advance, of course!

My Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ryz_

thanks!

/edit: got it! thanks to Stronghammer22 (his GAF account is still not activated!) very cool guy!

Top Bottom