• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok Im going on now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Theo :) You scared me bad at the end.

Cloudy

Banned
Truelize said:
Ridiculous? Some of us have families and jobs and such man. :p

Don't join leagues if you don't have the time. It's really that simple. I work 40 hours a week and fit the games into my sched.

It's not really fair to the rest of us to be waiting around till the deadline EVERY week for the SAME players....

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Theo is the toughest 0-7 team I have ever seen in my life, seriously... he really is good.... enough of the theo sweating... lets get on with this week...

Fifty

Malleymal said:
Theo is the toughest 0-7 team I have ever seen in my life, seriously... he really is good.... enough of the theo sweating... lets get on with this week...

Malley, I play you....Assuming that they advance the schedule at the latest moment...can you play on wednesday evening? It's really important that I get my game in before thursday at 4 PM, because I'm going out of town then.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
Don't join leagues if you don't have the time. It's really that simple. I work 40 hours a week and fit the games into my sched.

It's not really fair to the rest of us to be waiting around till the deadline EVERY week for the SAME players....

Did you notice the ":p" ?????????????

That's kinda used to make a joke or give sarcasm. Maybe you need to relax man.

And for the record. I work way over 40 hours a week. Plus I train 5 days a week. Plus I go to physiotherapy 2 times a week. Plus I have a wife and a kid. Plus we live on different sides of the freakin continent. You got a problem with waiting? Gee I seem to make the deadlines don't I?? Relax man. I'm not trying to be unfair. Bump me if you need to.
Ram and I even tried to play our game. But we got booted out. And we were planning on playing today but Live seems to be running pretty poorly for some people.

Cloudy

Banned
No one is bumping you but since your sched is tight, you might wanna try to play games before the last few days. No one in here is really trying to hear the whole"I'm too busy" thing, joke or not :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
No one is bumping you but since your sched is tight, you might wanna try to play games before the last few days. No one in here is really trying to hear the whole"I'm too busy" thing, joke or not :p

I try to play my games every single night. Every night I am home I hope to be able to meet the demands of my oppenents schedule. Because I don't wanna hold the league up. But throwing the guilt at me isn't really fair, joke or not.
I have even come home in between appointments to play my game, and then run off to train a client. Don't make comments about me holding the league up. The league has deadlines to play games by. I do my best to make those deadlines. Period

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
Malley, I play you....Assuming that they advance the schedule at the latest moment...can you play on wednesday evening? It's really important that I get my game in before thursday at 4 PM, because I'm going out of town then.

I am around most nights... just look for me, its cool with me

Fifty

I know you are "around" but I'm fucked if we don't play on wednesday, so try and tell me when you're able to play on that date, thanks. If you don't know until wednesday, that's cool...as long as I know what's up.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Weds night it is... 8 or 9 o clock.. is what I am aiming for ... I will llet you know if it changes...

EDIT

although if the league advances tonight, lets just play then...

Ramirez

I need to play as early as you can today True,I have a big outline that has to be in tomorrow and I haven't started,lol.

Im free starting at 2:30 EST.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
I need to play as early as you can today True,I have a big outline that has to be in tomorrow and I haven't started,lol.

Im free starting at 2:30 EST.

I'm home now Ram. And I can play whenever.

Fifty

POWER RANKINGS UP http://www.cs.wayne.edu/~cs3852/nbapr.html

Good game Malley. When I was down by 2 I thought what a good game this was, the best and closest I'd ever played...and I would have said this win or lose...although not as quickly if I had lost :( I'm a sore loser usually. Nevertheless, I thought it was a great game and we both had our chances. I took too many shots with Peja (THAT MISSED!) early on, but then I got the ball to some other guys and saved the big dog for the end.

edit: What the heck happened if DM and FMT's game?

Shaq with only 10 shots, and Wade with 31, and of course T Mac with 48 shot attempts.

Cloudy

Banned
edit: What the heck happened if DM and FMT's game?

Shaq with only 10 shots, and Wade with 31, and of course T Mac with 48 shot attempts.

Remember, you guys voted to allow superstar whoring. Not that 31 shots with Peja is soooo much better :D

Fifty

It was out of character. I'm not saying it's wrong. I don't give a shit. I was just wondering if they found a new exploit or something.

Cloudy

Banned
I wouldn't call it an exploit but it's the same thing I've been bitching about since Week 1. If you shoot enough with a good player, you'll get good numbers.

Not totally unrealistic but more than a bit lame for videogames IMO. I guess it's up to the defense to capitalize on the misses and I personally try to do that o_O

DMczaf

Stop crying Konex

bryant.jpg

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Great Game Fifty, and your post game was clicking... .... enjoyed it... look forward to playing the second game....

Matrix

Yea Dm couldnt beat the 3-4 Rockets with only Twack! I fear teams not players :p

Matrix

WOW I just played a game where you could actually shoot jumpshots and make them...This game stinks,but is much better on the superstar setting.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
WOW I just played a game where you could actually shoot jumpshots and make them...This game stinks,but is much better on the superstar setting.

Yeah you could, but I checked the shot chart and I was 3-21 from outside of the paint!!!!! >_< >_< >_<

Matrix

Someone needs to practice shooting :p *runs away*

i dont know if superstar would be better or not, but i DO know that my team (as it is now) can't hit outside shots that are contested AT ALL. unless i am wide-open, i'm normally not going to hit a shot. now against dm, it was a bit the other way, but i'm still not confident in any type of mid-range game.

i think that alone makes the game WORSE on superstar. i guess its 2 extremes. either you deal with great outside shooting even by mediocre players (superstar) or you have absolutely no outside game and it becomes a "who can get the most fast break points and dunks" game.

i dont know about you guys, but if someone triple teams my center, i should be killing people from outside. this is not the case. i'm not bitching about this or complaining (cause i'd do it too), but the last few games all anyone needs to do against me is pretty much triple team shaq down low and 1 of 3 things will happen:

1. ball is "stolen" on the entry pass
2. ball gets into shaq, then he is "tied" up, and by the time the pass gets to the open man, the D is there to smother him as well
3. ball gets to the open man, but he misses anyways

this isn't realistic to me. i'll admit the majority of my scoring came from fast breaks and lucky 3's. it's not even that shaq is "so dominant" stats wise. they modeled him terribly: he doesn't throw the ball down, he has no power downlow (i have posted up everyone from vlade divac to mike bibby and he can't move them back at all), and the "shot animations" the game chooses for him are simply ricockulous.

call this bitching if you like (it is), but that's the reality of the situation. i think sliders could fix most everything, but i guess that isn't a possibility. as it is now, shooting has nothing to do with skill but more of a luck game. doesn't seem like being opened or covered has much to do with it at all.

p.s. when shaq can guard T-mac at the 3 point line, and not only prevent him from driving, but strip the ball from him, guess what? the defense is broke as fizuuuuuuuuck

Matrix

"dont know about you guys, but if someone triple teams my center, i should be killing people from outside. this is not the case. i'm not bitching about this or complaining (cause i'd do it too), but the last few games all anyone needs to do against me is pretty much triple team shaq down low and 1 of 3 things will happen:

1. ball is "stolen" on the entry pass
2. ball gets into shaq, then he is "tied" up, and by the time the pass gets to the open man, the D is there to smother him as well
3. ball gets to the open man, but he misses anyways"

Welcome to my world..Konex did this to Yao and destroyed me.

Top Bottom