• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Cloudy

Banned
Like limiting the amount of players you can set to Tight defensive pressure. I think it would totally open the game up.

That = make it easier for you to score IMO. We'll see how the vote goes and do whatever the majority wants...

Fifty

I play a bit of zone, but never tighten the d settings unless I'm up against a superstar. I don't like tightening the d on every player, but neither does Konex like the amount of shots I take with Peja. I voted for the rule change, and he would vote to have me take less shots with my main man Peja. I believe that every strategy can be countered, but if this will increase the quality of play, then so be it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Does setting defense to tight really make that much of a difference?? I never really do it unless its an elite player... but tight defense on a whole team?? HAHAA wow..

And theo, 5 pm est, or after the game is fine, but I would rather play you before the game, so that you can Celebrate or Weep in peace afterwards...

Cloudy

Banned
I don't know that it makes as much of a dffierence as the defensive pressure meter but I do it out of habit (since 2k on the dc). If there was no double team button, I'd be doubling everyone in the paint too :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
That = make it easier for you to score IMO. We'll see how the vote goes and do whatever the majority wants...

Stop twisting this around away from you man. This will make it less easy for someone that plays a zone and DOES NOT controll either of the players near the ball to dominate defensively. Hey it might not even change anything.
But it should make it harder for someone to let their computer do all the work for them defending the ball carrier.
If this results in more room for the offensive player then so be it. But we are trying to focus on people not playing "honest" defense.

Cloudy

Banned
Twisting it away from me? :lol I PROMISE you, the standings aren't gonna look any different if the majority wants no "all-tight defense". You can quote me on that. Let me just say it's not the tight defense or zone that is getting guys blown out. It all starts on offense.

- Forcing bad shots.
- Continued launching of shots with no regard to biorythm
- One or two players all game
- Ridiculous amount of 3s leading to easy fastbreak chances
- PG as the #1 scoring option
- Ignoring the big man on offense

I'd rather not gonna go back and forth about this stuff anymore. If anybody needs something posted on the league site, post in this thread. If you have a rules idea, just post it here and I will put up a poll on it. If you don't want me to use my own wording, word it like you want to.

Let's try to stop the arguments and crying after games...

Cloudy

Banned
Ramirez said:
Lead by example sarge.

I never implied that your icon spying got you the win. I lost because you shut down Kobe and IIRC that is the first comment I made about our game. I only brought up your tactic as a public service. Hell you did it all game and won by 3 while I missed 3 fts :D

Ramirez

But thats the thing,it isn't a tactic.So I would appreciate if you would quit accusing me of somehow being cheap.I play manual defense on the ball handler all game,so please,enough with the bullshit ;)

Cloudy

Banned
I never said it was cheap but playing man-up and watching for icons and then jumping the lanes are 2 different things. I tested it several times in our game by bringing up the icons and not passing. I can't blame you for doing it but I personally do not even take notice of my opponents icons. If I see the big man in the post I will try to intercept a pass to him but I do it by watching the players and not the icons... :)

Anyways, my main point is that if people want to reduce their turnovers when playing against certain players, they need to get used to not using the icons...

Ramirez

I personally do not even take notice of my opponents icons.

Oh please.

Honestly dude,do you think your double team every time down plus your manual use of Odom for a triple team is some how legit?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God we are all fighting about this game cause this game is "POOP".....People hate playing manual D in this game now cause it doesnt have a defensive stance button,this is why these espn bball games will suck forever till they fix the problem.

Cloudy

Banned
Oh please.

If I did, why would I be surprised that people play that way? I'd just do it too...

Honestly dude,do you think your double team every time down plus your manual use of Odom for a triple team is some how legit?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it but you're entitled to your opinion. And I don't "triple team". I leave Odom or Kobe (the only guys I use) on the opposite side of the court unless the guy is heading to the basket. If you think it's cheese, that's fine but what does it have to do with icon spying?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I say we outlaw the double teaming of Yao in the post everytime down the court...the great wall deserves a chance to shine :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with it but you're entitled to your opinion. And I don't "triple team". I leave Odom or Kobe (the only guys I use) on the opposite side of the court unless the guy is heading to the basket.

That is the point here man. You don't actually "PLAY" defense. You watch it while you control someone else.

Matrix is right. This game has some serious issues. And your defensive watching style is taking advantage of them. LoL.

This is such comedy. You can't seriously say that you don't see our point in regards to how you watch defense?

Cloudy

Banned
Because your trying to accuse me of playing unfair,when you yourself don't even play legit,so just drop it.

Where did I ever say "unfair"? I just said that a smart player wouldn't use icons with you. Is there really anything wrong with that?

I believe I play legit but you seem to be comparing your play to manual zone and conceeding that icon spying isn't legit (which I never said)...

But yeah, I'm tired of arguing. I'm just going to stop depending on icons :)

That is the point here man. You don't actually "PLAY" defense. You watch it while you control someone else.

Matrix is right. This game has some serious issues. And your defensive watching style is taking advantage of them. LoL.

This is such comedy. You can't seriously say that you don't see our point in regards to how you watch defense?

Well, there is a vote on the league site regarding this (click polls). I will do whatever the majority does. Like I said before, you guys are not getting blown out by "watching" defense, you are losing games by playing dumb offense and me not playing zone won't stop me from scoring on you.

I personally have no problems scoring on someone playing zone so I really don't see the difficulty. Hell, the only 2 games I've lost (and had trouble scoring in) have been against Mally and Ramirez who play man-up...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
But I haven't seen anyone else play a zone and let their computer players at the top of zone double team the ball and then control someone else.

But you are the best at this game. :D

I have never said anything about wins and loses.

And regardless of what people vote on, we will still play our games.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
lets try one week of games where we play our games and dont cry about our problems with our opponent... just to test it out....

and THEO.. I will be in the lobby... let me know when you are ready

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
Here's the thing though, I don't wanna do anything without majority approval. For example, here are my ideal rules but I'm sure NO ONE would agree to them:

- Not more than 25 shots with one player in a game
- Not more than 15 shots with a PG
- No fullcourt passes AT ALL
- No "cheating" off icon passing (not that it could really be enforced but kind of an honor system lol)

I wish we had those rules but it's not gonna happen. I adjust to the way the majority wants to play and try to be competitive...

Damn wtf, this game is completely broken if you want these"rules".

Anyways

Do you like the idea of ONLY being able to set tight D on 2 players?

Yes. It'd improve my offense
83%

No. I'd like to adjust my settings anyway I feel like.
17%

Total Votes: 6

:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
Tru, I'm not debating anymore :lol We'll do what the polls say. Our NHL game at 7et or so?

Halo night man sorry. It will have to wait until Sunday now. I'm out of town as of tomorrow until Sunday.
And Cloudy,,,,, we will always be debating. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG DM. I finally put together a solid performance. I'm really beginning to think the Knicks are fucking cursed. What was it 3 consecutive 3 seconds on defense? I wasn't even controlling the fucking guy. Passes off the backboard, Mutombo running into the passing lane and letting the ball bounce off him. Ugh.

DMczaf

What was it 3 consecutive 3 seconds on defense? I wasn't even controlling the fucking guy. Passes off the backboard, Mutombo running into the passing lane and letting the ball bounce off him. Ugh.

WTF, that stuff happened to me too! Don't try to play Mr. Victim!

And damn, can Marbury EVER get called for a foul? I was beginning to think that was Kobe in that Knicks jersey. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
And damn, can Marbury EVER get called for a foul? I was beginning to think that was Kobe in that Knicks jersey. :lol

:lol

*whistles*

Hey he can't shoot, he can't drive, he has to have that 88 rating for something!

DMczaf

I bet Marbury could have pulled out a pistol and shot me in the knee cap and the ref would tell me to stop complaining :(

Oh well, you had to win sometime...why did it have to be me?!?!

Fifty

Konex needs to reset my game with Mr. Bob. He lost his connection, but the game recorded. I won't say anything more about that partial game...I'll save my talk for the final score.

Mrbob

Ha ha.

I'm so disappointed man. I shut down Peja. I was shooting well down low with my big guys. I played my best game so far and was on the verge of actually winning and my inet connection cuts out! I'm doomed in this game. :(

Fifty

You shut Peja down by catching his air balls :lol

He was 3/17.....only a few of those were shots where he was under a lot of pressure. He shot disgustingly poorly.

Mrbob

I feel like my luck is starting to change in this game. I had a close game with FMT and had you on the ropes. I'm coming around finally but we'll see if I can get any more wins. :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok I will be back Sunday morning from a work trip. And I have my fantasy league draft on Sunday afternoon, but I will be able to play Sunday night. 10:30 est would be the best time for me Ram.

Let me know. I'll check here when I get home.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man I am upset about that loss. Just LOOK at all the shots he took! He kept getting offensive rebounds so I couldn't do anything about it. 17 offensive rebounds in total. 17. My guys literally looked scared of the ball.

Well I am getting a bit better. Managed to come from 20 or 21 down to 5, then went ice cold argh.

Fifty

Yeah, and you turned the ball over 3x more than him. Looking only at the stats, that's the obvious difference.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea it was a good game, I went cold for real... and there were also alot of charges that game... do they count that as a turnover??? it was a good game..

DMczaf

a_tracy_vt.jpg

Get ready bish...

Matrix

Theo,are you around? When would you like to play our game?

Fifty

Wow, Bob that was funny. Bibby outrebounding my big men......Doug Christie blocking shots.

I guess we kinda proved at the end that shots are more likely to fall when players aren't open.

Open shots with Jackson = constant miss

Circus shots with Greg Ostertag = easy bucket

And that turned shoulder animation whenever a guy is driving, especially a PG, is just silly...It's so overpowered. I couldn't score when I had chances, but if I just held UP on the joystick I'd get an easy two near the basket.

Funny stuff.

Mrbob

Yeah this game is ridiculous. All you had to do is move forward and I couldn't stop you. There needs to be a defense button in this game.

But I told Peja to F off in this game. :p

Top Bottom