• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Fifty

Mrbob said:
Yeah this game is ridiculous. All you had to do is move forward and I couldn't stop you. There needs to be a defense button in this game.

But I told Peja to F off in this game. :p

Well most of the moving forward was done by you with Bibby. I'm not saying that you're cheap, I just wanted to see how easily it could be done. You "stopped" peja.....I guess. You didn't put tight D or doubles on him, you stopped the leading scorer by watching his shots, many open, miss. The game is a joke. I wanted to do a layup with peja on the fast break, and he did a silly dunk and Doug Christie and his wife blocked the shot.

Doug Christie and his wife blocked the shot.

:lol

i lost my game to konex after shaq was pushed around in the paint by the likes of brian grant, karl malone and vlade divac. then, down by 1, kobe does this bullshit circus shot with shaq right in his face to block him and it goes in. meh, i still would have won if i just made my freethrows w/ shaq early in the game, but such is life!

Cloudy

Banned
Hey Fifty. You cannot be giving up, dude. If there is any rule I'm gonna enforce, it's that. The game screwed you, fine but please don't be a sore loser and play garbage ball....

Cloudy

Banned
Since no one else seems to wanna vote, new rule:

You cannot set tight defense to more than 2 guys on your opponents team.

PS: I beat FMT setting tight to only Wade and Shaq. Hell, it's not like anyone besides Ramirez, Mally and I uses more than 2 players consistently :lol

Ramirez

Yea,thats why most of them lose too,and then there baffled.If your star ain't hittin,then fuckin give up the rock to someone else :p Simple concept really...

konex, your top 3 scorers:

kobe - 23 ppg (28% of shots)
malone - 11.7 ppg (16%)
divac - 10.9 ppg (16%)

60% of shots taken by these 3 players

my top 3 scorers:

shaq - 29 ppg (35% of shots)
wade - 20 ppg (26%)
jones - 10.9 ppg (14%)

75% of shots taken by these 3 players

we both only have 3 players in double-digit scoring average. as you can see, we are not THAT far from each other in regards to this category. then lets take a look @ our head to head matchup for shots/pts:

kobe - 10/19
divac - 8/12
malone - 5/10
sura - 4/15
-------
56 shots, 68 pts

Vs.

Shaq - 10/22
Jones - 7/19
Wade - 4/18
Haslem - 3/8
------
67 shots, 56 pts

so please ladies, don't treat it as if EVERYONE is taking a better percentage of their shots with one player.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
fuck this horseshit game. As soon as the league is over, I'm trading this piece of shit in towards Barbie's Horse Adventures or some shit. Let me count the ways I'm getting FUCKED:

wide open shots underneath the basket? NOPE
lay-ups? NOPE
can my stars make any sort of headway into the paint? NOPE
can I complete a goddamn pass without getting losing the ball? NOPE
can I take a shot in the paint without getting stripped? NOPE
can T-Mac walk right through my entire team and slam it from the foul line? WHY YES SIR COME THIS WAY

gg DM

Fifty

bishoptl said:
can T-Mac walk right through my entire team and slam it from the foul line? WHY YES SIR COME THIS WAY

gg DM

I think I know exactly what you're talking about. Dribbling in the paint is disgustingly overpowered.

Cloudy

Banned
Dribbling in the paint is disgustingly overpowered.

- Iso-motion in the paint: No one crosses over inside the paint (especially in the semi-circle where there won't be a charge), so we won't be doing that here. You can do the hopstep in the paint though. If abuse of that move in the paint becomes a problem, we will revisit it...

- Official League Rules o_O

I don't think DM dribbles in the paint though (I play him a lot) so Bish must be talking about something else...

Fifty

Well what if they're not using Iso-Motion? I think when Bob and I did it ( I wanted to see how easily it could happen) we just held down up on the left thumstick or moved around solely with it. If you use Iso-Motion it seems to me like you'd move slower and increase the odds of turning it over.

Cloudy

Banned
Oh you mean just driving in the paint? It's pretty easy to get charges on that but pretty much everyone I play does that with their guards.

I usually only go in the paint with non-big men on fast breaks myself but that's just my style...

edit: Last year, iso in the paint was ridiculous and unstoppable and I made those rules before I played 2k5 :p

DMczaf

I wasnt using Iso-Motion. I would just weave through bish's defense at the top of the key then press the shoot button at the free throw line and THERE GOES T-MAC FLYING THROUGH THE AIR!! :lol :lol

Mrbob

Fifty said:
Well what if they're not using Iso-Motion? I think when Bob and I did it ( I wanted to see how easily it could happen) we just held down up on the left thumstick or moved around solely with it. If you use Iso-Motion it seems to me like you'd move slower and increase the odds of turning it over.

Yeah with a fast guy (Like bibby) it's almost too easy. I didn't even use ISO Motion at all that game. I hate ISO MOTION 'cause I get hit with charge calls or I turn it over.

Mrbob

bishoptl said:
fuck this horseshit game. As soon as the league is over, I'm trading this piece of shit in towards Barbie's Horse Adventures or some shit. Let me count the ways I'm getting FUCKED:

wide open shots underneath the basket? NOPE
lay-ups? NOPE
can my stars make any sort of headway into the paint? NOPE
can I complete a goddamn pass without getting losing the ball? NOPE
can I take a shot in the paint without getting stripped? NOPE

gg DM

Haha, yes, someone else sees the light.

This game also needs a DUNK/LAYUP button which is seperate from the SHOOT button. That way when you want to take 5-7 foot jumpers the game doesn't automatically put you into a layup or dunk animation so you run right into shaq and he swats the ball away!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Me and True are supposed to play tonight...

Yeah I'm available at any time Ram. I have to lose to Cloudy in our NHL league tonight too, so whoever messages first gets the first game.
Ugh. I hate the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Theo,can you play tonight?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
We can play at 9 pm eastern time if both our nba opponents havent responded to us by then...if thats cool with you.

Matrix

I dont think I ever done that to anyone :p

I'm coming online now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sorry Ram. I nodded off for 4 hours there. It was so nice. :D

So let me know if you can still play. I'm here and ready to go.

Matrix

:lol :lol

Good God this game sucks ass.

Oops that was meant for the nfl thread..then again this game sucks too :p

Matrix

Theo...you around?

Ramirez

If your running with a router I suggest d/c it,its the only way I can see the lag getting any better...I was on 56K for years and I don't think I lagged that bad on 56K :O

I saw that the retry was gonna be laggy as well so I just turned it off,no need in getting another half down,we can try tomorrow or later,I don't have the patience for that right now.

Fifty

Truelize said:
AHHHH. Game disconnects in the third. The lag was sooo bad. So bad.

Is your connection ok? I've never had lag in that game except for my game that I played with you.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I run a router but I've never had a problem like I do with this game before. Oh well. That was actually a good game too.
Duncan was shut down HARD though. That 1-3-1 is crazy!! Let me know when Ram. I'll be around this week.
Tuesday I'm playing GTA though. So tomorrow would be better.

No one is doing anything on the computer. MSN is even turned off.

Matrix

Sadly I had crappy lag with True too...I'm not used to lag :( True had the "used to lag" advantage :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Sadly I had crappy lag with True too...I'm not used to lag :( True had the "used to lag" advantage :D

I also had the "used to getting every single freakin offensive rebound" too. But you are right. That game was laggy too. Freakin ISP. I have heard that they have turned down peoples bandwidth to save coin. I might have to go to another internet provider this week.
1.2 megabits per second is fast. But it's not as fast as some offer up here.

Matrix

Theo,can you play tonight?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
hey Ram. Let me know if you can play tonight. I could always turn GTA off for a bit to get our game in.
Tomorrow is fine too. Just PM me or leave a message here. I'm around. I'll check every half hour or so.

Matrix

theo said:
yup, just let me know when you are ready

I'm ready now,you ready?

Top Bottom