• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

ATF487

atf487 v tf53
Australia 0 - 2 Finland

'29 Forssell (FIN)
'61 Hyppia (FIN)

can't get the second one to upload...header off a corner

Man, frustrating match, I felt like I played well even with 10 men at the end. tf53 capitalized on my mistakes though

Tf53

ATF487 said:
atf487 v tf53
Australia 0 - 2 Finland

'29 Forssell (FIN)
'61 Hyppia (FIN)

can't get the second one to upload...header off a corner

Man, frustrating match, I felt like I played well even with 10 men at the end. tf53 capitalized on my mistakes though
At least get the man's name right (Hyypiä) :)

I felt like I pummeled you in the first half, but couldn't capitalize on my chances. You had a couple solid opportunities to score in the first half, and the two post shots near the end had me on the edge of my couch. Good game.

ATF487

pummeled... :(

but yeah, lumping it up to Kennedy didn't work so well. I was in bunker mode until I went down to 10 men, when things miraculously improved :lol

Tf53

Come on, right side! We lefties have already finished our side of the bracket, it's time for you guys to get this thing moving!

ShogunX

Shogun Pain v Sneaky77

Denmark 2 - 0 Mexico (AET)

'94 Kahlenberg (DEN)
'118 Lovenkrands (DEN)

Good game but have to say I got lucky to win the match considering Sneaky had the majority of possession and the better chances at goal. I created very little and my second goal was pure luck. A random A pass somehow turned into a glorious through ball for Lovenkrands :lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hov things should be back to normal now that i finally have my place back to myself. can play one of these weeknights after 9 est generally

sneaky77

As this finally limps to the finish, holiday break got everyone I guess.

Anyone interested in doing another league/tourney after this?

ShogunX

sneaky77 said:
As this finally limps to the finish, holiday break got everyone I guess.

Anyone interested in doing another league/tourney after this?

Yeah I'm interested in another tournament. The World Cup tournament might of fell a little flat due to the lack of quality teams available and thus most matches probably lacked a bit of quality (I know a few of mine have).

Probably best to stick to the top teams if manual passing is going to be in the rules again as it kills the flow of the game when people on your team fail to make a 5 yard pass as their stats are too low :lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Shogun PaiN said:
Yeah I'm interested in another tournament. The World Cup tournament might of fell a little flat due to the lack of quality teams available and thus most matches probably lacked a bit of quality (I know a few of mine have).

Probably best to stick to the top teams if manual passing is going to be in the rules again as it kills the flow of the game when people on your team fail to make a 5 yard pass as their stats are too low :lol.
Yeah I would like just no passing limitations tbh. I don't mind getting pingponged to death or whatever but I just need some flow as right now it is completely brutal out there. I'll probably play either way.

Slizz

AstroLad said:
Yeah I would like just no passing limitations tbh. I don't mind getting pingponged to death or whatever but I just need some flow as right now it is completely brutal out there. I'll probably play either way.
I feel like I finally got the hang of semi assisted shooting and passing, so even if they aren't any restrictions I think I'll stick with it...I can never go back to assisted crosses though, manual alllllll the way.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i don't think it's the semi i think it's the pro passing or whatever it's called. makes passes uggggly and is a stupid system. i've personally never felt that semi/auto is that much of a difference except a little on shots (and a lot on crosses, auto makes them worse) but people freak out about it so w/e

Tf53

If I win this one, I just might retire. It's hard enough trying to get some FIFA in my schedule with the baby and all, and all of you guys living on the other side of the pond just makes it that much tougher to pull off.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How are we doing knockouts in event of tie? Just OT + PKs yes? Shogun send me an invite on xbla (astrothelad) and we can play whenever we're both on. I'm often on after 9est weeknights and during the day on saturday.

ijm72

I would be down for another league/tourney but would prefer if we used better teams maybe a champions league like Slizz mentioned. It was kind of rough playing with shitty teams using manual/semi controls.

Tf53 said:
If I win this one, I just might retire. It's hard enough trying to get some FIFA in my schedule with the baby and all, and all of you guys living on the other side of the pond just makes it that much tougher to pull off.

Whose the guy in your avatar? Ferdinand?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think to keep things fresh next one should basically be the opposite of the two we've done. No restrictions on controls. Uberteams (pick any team you want, though I guess we could exclude Real Madrid since that team seems to really irk people). And then just do Champions League format. We should also make a post on the Gaming side or something to solicit some new blood.

Just my suggestion as I said as long as I have the time I'm down for whatever.

AstroLad said:
I think to keep things fresh next one should basically be the opposite of the two we've done. No restrictions on controls. Uberteams (pick any team you want, though I guess we could exclude Real Madrid since that team seems to really irk people). And then just do Champions League format. We should also make a post on the Gaming side or something to solicit some new blood.

It'll finally mean we can use this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SetSPSZrnFQ

AstroLad said:

I think that is what has been discussed so far. I was thinking we could allow the choice of only Champions League teams.

sneaky77

Well the next tourney it was pick whatever team u want :lol since all u guys do is bitch :lol

league or tournament, what is preferred?

Controls, I like the semi, cause it requires a little more skill.. but we can try allowing pro passing on see if that solves some issues.

Magicked

sneaky77 said:
Well the next tourney it was pick whatever team u want :lol since all u guys do is bitch :lol

league or tournament, what is preferred?

Controls, I like the semi, cause it requires a little more skill.. but we can try allowing pro passing on see if that solves some issues.

Agreed on all counts.

I'm down with either league or tournament, although I would probably prefer a tournament. People love to quit regular leagues once they drop to the lower part of the table and know they can't catch up.

If we do CL, we can play each team in our group twice (home and away), then proceed to a normal tournament like the WC. We could even do home and away in the elimination stages, but I'm okay with keeping it simpler.

sneaky77

Magicked said:
Agreed on all counts.

I'm down with either league or tournament, although I would probably prefer a tournament. People love to quit regular leagues once they drop to the lower part of the table and know they can't catch up.

If we do CL, we can play each team in our group twice (home and away), then proceed to a normal tournament like the WC. We could even do home and away in the elimination stages, but I'm okay with keeping it simpler.

Sounds like a good plan to me, we can do that, just home-away playoffs as well.

I need a count of who's coming back for more thx

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hey sneaks if you want to why don't you just post a new thread on gaming

FIFA 11 (360) Champions League Sign-Ups

And then we can sign up there and maybe attract one or two new people. I figure anyone still playing feefs now is a fairly serious player unlike the people who play it for a week or two when it comes out.

I figure set the limit at 16 right? Would be nice to have an even 16. if we go over we can then waitlist.

Occasionally that kind of stuff will get bumped back to online but imo that's ludicrous since the entire point of sign-up threads is to get new blood and no one browses online.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
hey sneaks if you want to why don't you just post a new thread on gaming

FIFA 11 (360) Champions League Sign-Ups

And then we can sign up there and maybe attract one or two new people. I figure anyone still playing feefs now is a fairly serious player unlike the people who play it for a week or two when it comes out.

I figure set the limit at 16 right? Would be nice to have an even 16. if we go over we can then waitlist.

Occasionally that kind of stuff will get bumped back to online but imo that's ludicrous since the entire point of sign-up threads is to get new blood and no one browses online.

Well we had 16 for this tourney.. so that's why I figured I would post it here first... I can post on the fifa thread if required and once we have a final idea of whats gonna happen

Magicked

The one benefit of a normal league table rather than a tournament is that everyone plays up until the end. We've been sitting around for a few weeks now (although the holidays had something to do with that) waiting for the tournament to end.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
No need to wait really; the new league can start any time afaic especially since there's a lot of stuff to do before the first games are played.

Only person who should have to suffer is poor tf :lol

Tf53

AstroLad said:
No need to wait really; the new league can start any time afaic especially since there's a lot of stuff to do before the first games are played.

Only person who should have to suffer is poor tf :lol
If Shogun doesn't report by Monday, we'll go ahead and play the final.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think Shogun's around yeah? I dunno pretty much the only time I'm on XBL during the week is like 12-2AM on random weekdays. Shogun I can play Saturday (tomorrow) from about 10-4 pm est if you are around.

ShogunX

Tf53 said:
If Shogun doesn't report by Monday, we'll go ahead and play the final.

Thanks.

AstroLad said:
I think Shogun's around yeah? I dunno pretty much the only time I'm on XBL during the week is like 12-2AM on random weekdays. Shogun I can play Saturday (tomorrow) from about 10-4 pm est if you are around.

Yeah I'm around and was on last night until about 11pm EST. I'm in the UK so anytime you cant make it on until late it creates a bit of a problem. I should be around to play later on tomorrow - 4pm EST is 9pm GMT so that wont be too much of a problem.

If we dont play tomorrow I will be online for the next few days after between 4pm and 11pm EST so that should give us a decent enough window to get our game going.

Top Bottom