• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

ATF487

AndresON777 said:
Is that 4-1-4-1 formation of yours custom? If so could you please put it on shared tactics so I can copy it?

nah it's just near the end of the formations

it works well for Barca actually, if you're playing Real Madrid or another five star team. Put Mascherano as the defensive midfielder and Villa up top, it usually works well against the Ronaldo over-the-top pass, and the nature of the formation is small short passes, perfect for Barca

I think I'm done playing randoms online though, it's so goddamn frustrating

AndresON777

shooting blanks
ATF487 said:
nah it's just near the end of the formations

it works well for Barca actually, if you're playing Real Madrid or another five star team. Put Mascherano as the defensive midfielder and Villa up top, it usually works well against the Ronaldo over-the-top pass, and the nature of the formation is small short passes, perfect for Barca

I think I'm done playing randoms online though, it's so goddamn frustrating

thx i'll check it out. I just dont like playing the computer because it's like the same play style of the other player always. online you play people with different styles of play. idk, maybe it's just me. hell i've had people disconnect on me in games i'm losing and i still get credit for the win :lol

ATF487

Australia (atf487) 0 - 3 Denmark (ShogunPain)
14' Lovenkrads
28' Bendtner
45' Lovenkrads

Not uploading videos, too bitter

Ugh, gambled on using a 4-3-3, I thought he'd keep the same default formation and I tried to bring in 3 quick strikers to combat Denmark's height, failed terribly. Things got a little bit better when I went into my patented 4-1-4-1 but the game was already out of reach then.

FUCK, that made me angry. Should mention that I got outclassed, two good goals of set pieces and a great through ball for the third one

ShogunX

ATF487 said:
Australia (atf487) 0 - 3 Denmark (ShogunPain)
14' Lovenkrads
28' Bendtner
45' Lovenkrads

Not uploading videos, too bitter

Ugh, gambled on using a 4-3-3, I thought he'd keep the same default formation and I tried to bring in 3 quick strikers to combat Denmark's height, failed terribly. Things got a little bit better when I went into my patented 4-1-4-1 but the game was already out of reach then.

FUCK, that made me angry. Should mention that I got outclassed, two good goals of set pieces and a great through ball for the third one

Good game. I went into the game with the plan to try and exploit my two fast wingers from the off and was pretty happy to see the 4-3-3 as I knew then I would have space to work with. Australia have a pretty poor left back (65 Overall) so the plan was to try and go up against him as much as possible. Once you changed formation though I was locked down and only had one or two runs from Bendtner to show.

ATF487

Shogun PaiN said:
Good game. I went into the game with the plan to try and exploit my two fast wingers from the off and was pretty happy to see the 4-3-3 as I knew then I would have space to work with. Australia have a pretty poor left back (65 Overall) so the plan was to try and go up against him as much as possible. Once you changed formation though I was locked down and only had one or two runs from Bendtner to show.

yeah, I sub out Carney (65) and put Jedinak in (69), but the defense is still a weakness, with only Lucas Neill being any good (80). It's strange how effective Bendtner is in this game, he's a real physical presence but plays like shit for Arsenal

I think the ball barely got played out of my half before I switched formations, you did your homework :lol

ShogunX

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Sweden (ShallNoiseUpon) 0 - 2 Denmark (Shogun PaiN)
Group A

45' N. Bendtner
62' P. Lovenkrands

Well played. Used the same setup as my last game and it worked well enough again with the quick wing play. I really need to tighten up on the manual passing though as I just keep hitting it out for throw-ins when under pressure.

Shogun PaiN said:
Well played. Used the same setup as my last game and it worked well enough again with the quick wing play. I really need to tighten up on the manual passing though as I just keep hitting it out for throw-ins when under pressure.

Denmark is so...

big...

Magicked

Who we waiting on!?!?!?!??!!?!

Ready to get on with it so we can start the next league and I can spank Andres even though he has Barca.

Slizz

AndresON777 said:
damn those are some elite players. just shows we're a bunch of random scrubs

To our credit, I have to imagine most of those weren't done online. Most likely the shitty AI allowing all that BS.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
yeah could be. I thought maybe it was in clubs, especially when you see some of those passes where the other players did the dummy and there were guys right behind them.

you may get one pass online but 2? yeah right.

also I play much better offline, the button lag is always present online.

--lol yeah right Magicked, I'll beat you with any team i dont need barca. or better yet you can be arsenal and i'll be barca so you can get ready for next year ;)

Tf53

AA and Ragnar, what the deal-e-o? If you guys don't get your act together before Christmas, we'll have to call your game a 0-0 tie.

half-
kidding

Tf53 said:
AA and Ragnar, what the deal-e-o? If you guys don't get your act together before Christmas, we'll have to call your game a 0-0 tie.

half-
kidding

That would have been to my benefit. But we did play today, so it doesn't matter

Group B

Cameroon (Awesome Animals) 1 at 0 Switzerland (Menelaus)

68' Webo

And at the top of Group B is...Cameroon!

Tf53

Magicked said:
If you're giving her around I'll take some as well.

And naturally I have to play tf in the first round. Gonna be a tough match. When do you want to play, tf?
I'm available between 1pm and 3pm, and around midnight EST.

Magicked

Tf53 said:
I'm available between 1pm and 3pm, and around midnight EST.

The only time tonight I might be around is midnight. I can't make any guarantees though. I also might be around between 1 and 3 tomorrow, but I'm not sure what my schedule will be (xmas eve with the wife's family). The 25th is booked up. 26th I will probably be able to make midnight.

Any day next week I can do either (I'm off work yay!)

Tf53

Magicked said:
The only time tonight I might be around is midnight. I can't make any guarantees though. I also might be around between 1 and 3 tomorrow, but I'm not sure what my schedule will be (xmas eve with the wife's family). The 25th is booked up. 26th I will probably be able to make midnight.

Any day next week I can do either (I'm off work yay!)
Yeah, let's book a slot after Christmas. Happy holidays, everybody!

ATF487

ATF487 v. Awesome Animals
Australia 1 - 0 Cameroon

85' McDonald (AUS)

Definition of a scrappy game. I changed formations three times and scored this lucky goal in the 85th. Animals came very close a couple of times but I had some good clearances

Anyone know why it can still rain when it's set on "Dry" though? Happens to me way too often...

Tf53

Magicked said:
I can be on at any time now. Just let me know when you want to play.
A slight change in plan. I'll probably be home around 3pm EST, I'll try to see if I can hop on then.

Tf53

I'm hopping on in about 20 mins.

Edit: My 8-month old daughter is having a bit of trouble sleeping, and I daren't hog the tv when my wife is trying to make her stop crying. I'll try to be on around 3:30 EST.

Magicked

Tf53 said:
I'm hopping on in about 20 mins.

Edit: My 8-month old daughter is having a bit of trouble sleeping, and I daren't hog the tv when my wife is trying to make her stop crying. I'll try to be on around 3:30 EST.

Okay np man. I'm trying to figure out what dinner will be tonight while waiting... :p

Magicked

Tf53 said:
Finland (Tf53) - Belgium (Magicked) 3 - 1 (OT)

66' Forssell
86' van Buyten
119' Forssell
120' Forssell

Fun game. I had two open-netters that I didn't capitalize on, plus another breakaway. It could've gone to penalties, but if you'd have won on pens, I'd have been really pissed. :lol

Haha, yea. I definitely hung on by a thread on a couple instances. I had some excellent chances myself though with a couple open headers in front of goal and several really close shots that skimmed the outside of the post.

I still can't believe van Buyten got pushed off the ball at the end there. What a dick! :lol

Top Bottom