• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

So, as a Webber fan... should I be happy if the race doesn't continue?

Oh, apologies for all the questions! Just can't remember the last time I saw a red flag when I had such a vested interest in a driver :lol

Chris R

navanman said:
They can't wait to much longer as it already late in the afternoon and will be getting dark.
The clock has already started, so not like it really matters (unless the clock stops during red flags?)

Ikopi

Clock isn't stopped, so I don't think they will get to 55 laps. But seems like absolutely the right decision, visibility was zero.

Wow, Horner talking about cancellation.

rhfb said:
The clock has already started, so not like it really matters (unless the clock stops during red flags?)
BBC just said that time under the red flag is added onto the total 2 hour race time so it won't automatically finish.

As much as we'd all like to see a race, I feel for the Korean fans in attendance. Getting thoroughly soaked and no racing. Ugh.

If they allow for a normal start, at least Webber's line should be cleaner. Should let Kubiça get his rally car out and put in a few good laps for the fans.

Edit: Well, looks like it's going to be another start behind the safety car. Oh well.

S. L.

Shaneus said:
So, as a Webber fan... should I be happy if the race doesn't continue?

Oh, apologies for all the questions! Just can't remember the last time I saw a red flag when I had such a vested interest in a driver :lol
it would be an advantage for him
9.5 points over Vettel
with Full points he would have 7 points over Vettel in this constellation

Chris R

Harry_Tequila said:
BBC just said that time under the red flag is added onto the total 2 hour race time so it won't automatically finish.
Then the light will be an issue. Why didn't the track come with proper lighting to allow for night or day to night racing in the first place?

moojito

Gaaaaah, why did I get up early for this? Were there any accidents in the earlier races, anyone know? I think they should just give it a go rather than cancel it outright.

rhfb said:
Then the light will be an issue. Why didn't the track come with proper lighting to allow for night or day to night racing in the first place?
They barely got the tarmac down in time, never mind circuit wide flood lights...

S. L.

moojito said:
Gaaaaah, why did I get up early for this? Were there any accidents in the earlier races, anyone know? I think they should just give it a go rather than cancel it outright.
eh the track is undriveable atm.
from my understanding there was a Hyundai race before which very low powered cars, the safetycar could easily outrun them. not remotely compareable

John_B

Britprog said:
Lewis wanted to race, lol hardcore!!!
No shit, he would be even further away from the championship if it ends like this.

Ikopi said:
Wow, Horner talking about cancellation.
No shit, RBR would be even closer to the championship if it ends like this.

S. L.

Vettel and Horner gifted Eccelstone a customized Walker for his (upcoming) b-day :lol
220px-Rollator_2.jpg

Dilly said:
It's going to be cancelled isn't it?

yet, they raced in Fuji 07, those conditions were way worse than here.
No, its going to be delayed over and over until its 2 hours from the start so they close shop and go home.

That's pussified formula one 2010. Senna must be churning in his grave.

moojito

EJ is on now saying it's because the track was laid so late that we have a problem.

race resuming in 10 minutes, though.

Shaneus

Exactly right about the tarmac... if the fucking thing was better organised, the track would've been finished weeks ago, the tarmac would be somewhat settled and we wouldn't have these issues.

How come they cut it so close... was it the FIA or Korea?

Dilly

Banned
Even if everything goes fine, it's a 50 minute race. Great job Ecclestone, you'd think you would have learned your goddamn lesson in Malaysia last year.

This could have been such a great race.

satriales

Dilly said:
Even if everything goes fine, it's a 50 minute race.
There's 1hr 52 left on the clock. The limiting factor now is daylight which could cut the race short slightly but there should still be well over an hour of racing.

There is no chance the safety car is releasing them anytime soon. They're just going to do a few laps so they have a better argument when people start asking for money back.

Dilly

Banned
satriales said:
There's 1hr 52 left on the clock. The limiting factor now is daylight which could cut the race short slightly but there should still be well over an hour of racing.

Ah, I thought Red flag period was also included.

moojito

Aye, both the safety car and the medical cars sound amazing. That's the best advert for a that merc they could have. If they advertised them on tv they should just have someone start one up and rev it a bit, then show the mercedes logo. fin!

Animal

Banned
moojito said:
Aye, both the safety car and the medical cars sound amazing. That's the best advert for a that merc they could have. If they advertised them on tv they should just have someone start one up and rev it a bit, then show the mercedes logo. fin!

They are running custom AMG exhausts that are no street legal in most developped countries. I've been admiring them since the 90s. Mercedes has always put insane exhaust systems on the safety cars.

Shaneus

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I liked the trucks competition shown before. Did you see how they slide through corners? Top-speed stuff!
Didn't get that in Australia... we have a live simulcast of the BBC coverage (with the odd comment from the Australian hosts). Nothing else... never any support races unless it's the Albert Park GP.

PS. I think I actually prefer the medical car to the safety... something about a ballsy, unassuming sleeper wagon just does it for me. Anyone know what model it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom