• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

mclem said:
I was assuming the Bonus Question money wouldn't be awarded until after the race, but it's in our accounts now - if anyone wants to make any quick last-minute changes, you've got a bit more capital to work with now.
Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

I only hope I'm in the top half of the subleague by the end of the season! :lol :lol

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Weather forecast for the weekend is going to make for an exciting race.
The BBC weather charts show a very large rain storm hitting Melbourne on Sunday afternoon and could make for a fascinating race.

Sunday_1700_02Australia_UKM.jpg

Pimpwerx

So they changed tire rules for practice this season, and I have to say, it has paid off. Much more activity, right up to FP1. I must say, the FIA has made some good changes, but also some bad ones. They need to keep the good ones in place. KERS was one of the good ones. PEACE.

I hope they add active suspension to give drivers more control over their cars. I would also like to see the tires more grippy to give passing a boost under dirty air.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
They need to force KERS if they are going to do it though. It could be great for overtaking and strategy but essentially every team using it last year was hurt by it.

They need to get rid of the fuel rule. Get rid of the 2 tire rule. It's too fucking gimmicky.

Give the drivers back active suspension.

What they really need to do is force the aero packages to regress. I love cars, I love the engineering behind these beasts.. but bleeding edge aero packages make it all but impossible for cars to overtake. They tried it last year, but instead of outlawing bullshit like double diffusers they allowed people to breaking the spirit of the law and defeat the purpose.

TylerD

Probably not very smart for me to delay setting my fantasy team until after FP3. Hopefully the site will function enough for me to set my team. :lol

Schumi just set fast time. 1.25'494

Chris R

A standard KERS system with tweaks would work wonders I think. Push to Pass is great in IndyCar.

Missed P3 due to being out at dinner. Can't wait to watch Qual in 2 hours :D Hope it is more exciting that last weeks borefest :|

h3ro

What the hell is wrong with De La Rosa?!

How hasn't he been reprimanded for that idiotic blocking. He did it to both Maccas yesterday and again today to one of the Toro Rossos. I get that he's trying to make a gap for his own lap but why on earth is he slowing down on the damn racing line! Garbage driving by him.

This quali session is going to be sick though. The Red Bulls look like the cars to beat. Schumi is on form and Alonso looks strong as well. So good...

jey_16

Banned
some of the new teams seem to have no clue....how many times was Alonso blocked early on in the session. Hope it doesn't happen in quali, its not like they can be penalized that much....they are already at the back of the grid :lol

TylerD

StoOgE said:
qualifying is in 2 hours yes?

Yes!

The race manager site is surprisingly peppy. I guess there are lots of Europeans sleeping right now.

I am going to load up MMG F1 2007 mod on GTR Evo and do some hotlaps at Albert Park. :D

DarkJC

TylerD said:
Yes! The race manager site is surprisingly peppy. I guess there are lots of Europeans sleeping right now.

Was about to say, doing some last minute changes after watching P3. I still have no idea what to set for bets really, seems like the top 3 could be anyone in the top 3 teams at this rate.

Pimpwerx

DarkJC said:
Was about to say, doing some last minute changes after watching P3. I still have no idea what to set for bets really, seems like the top 3 could be anyone in the top 3 teams at this rate.
Yeah. Betting is crazy difficult this week. I do feel good about the team I've selected though. Even if I have Chandhok again...the guy I've once again picked to be the first out. Talk about a conflict of interest. :lol PEACE.

TylerD

rhfb said:
I bet Chandok isn't the first out this time as there will be someone crashed into at the first corner :p

Yeah, it could be anybody from 7th-24th. I am definitely pulling for Webber but picked Alonso to win.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I like Webber and would love to see him win on his home track.. but I just don't see him as a better driver than Vettel in the same machine.

Anyway.. hopefully Massa can take the win. I want a Ferrari championship this year, and much perfer Massa to the Alonso...

DarkJC

dejan said:
Massa struggling with tire temperature according to spanish tv.

Yeah they brought it up on the stream I'm watching as well. And boy, is it ever busy out there. Makes for a great show though, definitely not missing Bahrain.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm stuck with just the live timing on the F1 website, looks like a Red Bull 1-2.

Oh shit just as I type this qualifying ended. So yes, one two, damn.

edit: Awesome, I picked Vettel for pole. Too bad I said he would come in third?

Pimpwerx

Good job for Vettel. I'm pretty pissed because there's honestly no reason Lewis didn't make it to Q3. He went slower in Q2 than Q1. The only driver on the grid, and he had to have put in at least 4 flying laps. I'm hoping it was car troubles, but I don't know. It will make for an exciting race tomorrow, but not very helpful in the championship. Button better live it up. Not gonna have too much of this happen this season. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

DarkJC said:
Darn, picked Webber for pole :(
Ditto. I also have Webber/Vettel/Alonso for the race. I'm a Hammy fan, but I try to be shrewd with my bets. Seems I picked a good team for the race too. Last time I pick Webbo over Vettel though. If homefield advantage doesn't help you, you're screwed. PEACE.

AcridMeat

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
Ditto. I also have Webber/Vettel/Alonso for the race. I'm a Hammy fan, but I try to be shrewd with my bets. Seems I picked a good team for the race too. Last time I pick Webbo over Vettel though. If homefield advantage doesn't help you, you're screwed. PEACE.

You definitely picked well in terms of the race, I think I screwed myself over. I went with Hamilton/Alonso/Vettel despite picking Vettel for pole.

TylerD

Go go reliability Red Bull. I picked Alonso on pole and to win with Vettel and Webber P2 and P3. Should have gone with my gut feeling and gone Red Bull. There is a big gap between Alonso and Button.

Man, FilmOn screws me during the action. Not one hiccup during the BBC preview show and then as soon as the F1 feed starts; pauses and buffering every minute or so and then as soon as quali is over no hiccups anymore.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
TylerD said:
Vettel is such a twat. :lol Number 1!!! *points
He's a nicer version of Michael Schumacher. Well, the old one anyway as 2010 MS seems to be a much nicer guy, making it much harder to hate him as I want to, heh.

Anyway, Qualifying shows what we still knew, the Red Bull cars are mighty, followed closely by the Ferraris with the McLarens and Mercedes wondering where the next 7-8tenths are going to come from.

Great lap by Vettel, the last sector was more Kart than F1, but flair like that will not harm his chances of becoming the most popular driver in F1 very quickly. Webber must be gutted with P2, no matter what he does, his team-mate has an answer, still he has a shot at a win tomorrow.

Alonso done very well to only be 2 tenths off, his car is quick but not RBR quick so being so close is down to very skillful driving so he should be happy. Button 4th, I don't think he could have got much more out of his McLaren, it is just not fast enough.

As for the rest of the top 10, Massa will be annoyed at 5th, not quick all weekend and nowhere near Alonso, Rosberg and Schumacher 6th and 7th with little between them. Barrichello in a very decent 8th, Kubica 9th and Sutil 10th, if it rains tomorrow, watch out for him.

All in all, quite a predictable Quali really, I hope the race isn't as obvious.

Oh, Lewis? Planes booked for 8pm Sunday, I suggest you arrive 2 hours early so remember to park your car as quickly as possible.

jey_16

Banned
i picked Vettel for pole.....and Vettel/Alonso/Massa for the podium on the expectation that Webber's bad luck will continue

didnt expect Massa to be so much slower then Alonso though....really suprising

TylerD

I meant Vettel is a twat in the most endearing way. I really like his goofy arrogance and hope the RB6 can take him all the way to the world championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom