• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

I missed Michael's pass on Jenson. These streams fucking blow. Sky Sports sucks. I'm gonna have to go next door and watch the recording of this race. I'm just lazy and watching it on my laptop. PEACE.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
In fact Button needs to get by and FAST. Schumacher may be a defensive master, but for hells sake you're 1.5 seconds slower than the leaders you idiot.

idahoblue said:
Where is Hamiltons speed coming from? Is he ruining his tyres, or have they just found speed?
It's scary, the McLaren car just appears to be so much better in race trim.

Button being behind Schumacher wasn't his fault, wheel nut fail. He is doing what I seen at Rockingahm a few weeks ago where a faster Tom Chilton was battling with Matt neal. In that battle he tried to go into turn 1 on the outside 4-5 times, failed each time. When he finally went inside, he passed with ease.

GO FOR THE INSIDE JENSON!!

Buemi penalised for being a silly bugger?

Dead Man

Stop It said:
In fact Button needs to get by and FAST. Schumacher may be a defensive master, but for hells sake you're 1.5 seconds slower than the leaders you idiot.
Good luck. Schumi plus Barca = no pass.

He keeps getting close though. SHould be good to watch anyway, maybe.

And... they cut to ad. Yay for commercial TV. Of to the laptop for the timing.

Stop It

idahoblue said:
Good luck. Schumi plus Barca = no pass.

He keeps getting close though. SHould be good to watch anyway, maybe.

And... they cut to ad. Yay for commercial TV. Of to the laptop for the timing.
See my above edit, although that said, Button DID just try the inside route, but Schumacher blocks anyway. Bastard! Great fight though, shame about the track allowing for all of 1 opportunity.

Also: OMG Massa vs Chandhok, Silly Felipe.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
See my above edit, although that said, Button DID just try the inside route, but Schumacher blocks anyway. Bastard! Great fight though, shame about the track allowing for all of 1 opportunity.

Also: OMG Massa vs Chandhok, Silly Felipe.
Massa, what was that? :lol

Yeah, no fault to Button at all.

Stop It

idahoblue said:
Massa, what was that? :lol

Yeah, no fault to Button at all.
He expected a back-marker to know that he was coming in sliding like a maniac, what's wrong with that?

Anyway, all of the time lost by Schumacher and Button is the 1st sector, each time they squabble they lose 6-7 tenths. Now Schumacher is starting to bugger off (Surely Button has been told to lay off for a while) they both aren't that bad, pace wise.

Oh, and Webber is buggering right off, race over, good night.

*turns frantic rain dance into massive rain creation jig*

Lol at Smedley, how to make your car faster, break the first aero part of the car, rofl.

Goldrusher said:
:lol

Engineer to Massa: "Half a second faster with a broken front wing. Maybe we found the solution."
Engineer? This is Rob Smedley we're talking about...

What was that Alguersuari/Chandhok crash all about?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Webber want anymore fastest laps? Good lord man, take it easy. The car will blow up on lap 65, only because it's webber.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
He expected a back-marker to know that he was coming in sliding like a maniac, what's wrong with that?

Oh nothing, nothing at all. :D

evlcookie said:
Webber want anymore fastest laps? Good lord man, take it easy. The car will blow up on lap 65, only because it's webber.
Indeed.

Stop It

idahoblue said:
Jaime just fucked up.
And now Chandhok just failed, boo.

Anyway, Webber posting fastest laps as if his life depends on it, has someone told him about the Renault kill-switch that's set to go off in...30 laps? Maybe he thinks if he laps everyone he wont need to complete all of them, or something!

If this was...any other race the Schumacher/Button/Massa battle would be epic, here it is....pathetic.

Pimpwerx

I feel bad for people who only have Sky Sports. They have the worst-timed commercial breaks that they never leave early. On top of that, they have arguably the worst commentary team I've ever heard. This is worse than having Rusty Wallace call an F1 race. :( PEACE.

Pimpwerx

John_B said:
Schumacher is looking good. Hamilton is almost Red Bull fast.

There won't be another round of pitting, right?
I think there will be. This is only halfway through the race and they stopped 14 laps ago or so. Although the announcers all seem to be saying that is it for stops. This is some bullshit really. PEACE.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
And now Chandhok just failed, boo.

Anyway, Webber posting fastest laps as if his life depends on it, has someone told him about the Renault kill-switch that's set to go off in...30 laps? Maybe he thinks if he laps everyone he wont need to complete all of them, or something!
If this was...any other race the Schumacher/Button/Massa battle would be epic, here it is....pathetic.
Indeed.

And shut up, Legard, you'll jinx him.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
I think there will be. This is only halfway through the race and they stopped 14 laps ago or so. Although the announcers all seem to be saying that is it for stops. This is some bullshit really. PEACE.
Well, the cars are getting faster and nobody has complained of tyre wear, yet.

The only person who may try a dice-roll is Alonso, because he can't get any lower than 4th now, even with a stop and it may be worth a crack.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
Ugh...don't remind me. :( PEACE.
Hehe, watching the live timing doesn't help the case for tyre stops either. Webber just posted an epic fastest lap, no problems here.

Brundle calling Schumacher on the soft tyres? really? That cannot be right. if it is then Schumacher is totally boned.

Edit: Near the back, and Rosberg just set the fastest 3rd sector of the entire race. He's about to catch Hulkenberg but that car is epic.

Pimpwerx

I wonder what Bernie just said to Chandhok. Probably asking him if he needs a manager. I don't know how good he is, but he seems a lot faster than Senna. PEACE.

Stop It said:
Near the back, and Rosberg just set the fastest 3rd sector of the entire race. He's about to catch Hulkenberg but that car is epic.

If the car was epic both he and Schumacher would be well up the grid. They're constantly losing fuel remember, the times are always going to fall as the race progresses.

Dead Man

rogue_pigeon said:
No need to go back that far:
35jee8m.jpg

Stop It

rogue_pigeon said:
If the car was epic both he and Schumacher would be well up the grid. They're constantly losing fuel remember, the times are always going to fall as the race progresses.
Of course all the cars will be getting faster, but until he caught Hulkenberg, he was on the same pace as the RBRs and was easily over a second faster than Schumacher.

Edit: Webber given a hurry up, but by who? Nearly a second faster than anyone else that lap, and even faster this lap?

Stop It

MY GOD!! AN OVERTAKE!! Take pictures children because this wont be happening again today. Oh, and Hulkenberg basically let Rosberg though, BOO THIS MAN!

idahoblue said:
Bad lap by Webber,hope all is well.
He's OK now, nothing to get worked up about, he can/should be thinking about tyre management now.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
MY GOD!! AN OVERTAKE!! Take pictures children because this wont be happening again today. Oh, and Hulkenberg basically let Rosberg though, BOO THIS MAN!

He's OK now, nothing to get worked up about, he can/should be thinking about tyre management now.

Stop It

idahoblue said:
Sorry, I'm trying to stay excited here, as I have nothing better to think of (yet) this afternoon. Anyway, will the Directors notice the battle of the newbies, Glock Vs Trulli. if that Lotus has improved in qualifying it certainly isn't much better in the races. Less than .06 seconds in it.

Also, Vettels car is severely boned? Alonso gains 3rd because of a tyre/wheel issue on Vettels car? The front right mounting pin was buggered? eek.

Stop It

idahoblue said:

Fucking ads. Why is Vettel in?
He went off due to a loose wheel, a locating/mounting pin on the right front decided to work loose, hopefully he is OK. He has new tyres now so may light up the field.

16 seconds, 10 laps, can it be done?

Road said:
Yes, I'm that bored.
Why would the audience spike? The celebrations at the end?

Vettel has a space in the garage, but is fast enough, not fast enough to catch Alonso, yet.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Vettel is now 16 seconds down on Alonso.

There is no way he can catch him in 10 laps? Can he??

They could be about to retire Vettel? Clearing a space in the garage?

Stop It

navanman said:
Vettel is now 16 seconds down on Alonso.

There is no way he can catch him in 10 laps? Can he??

They could be about to retire Vettel? Clearing a space in the garage?
His first sector times have been pretty awful since coming in, and Alonso is now charging, unless if Alonso explodes or kills his tyres. no.

He wont be coming in though, unless if he is reporting an unsafe car, he will be fine.

Stop It

navanman said:
Team radio talk says Vettel has a brake problem.
How did you hear that 2 minutes before the BBC gets the radio feed?

Anyway, if a broken RBR can lap at 1 second a lap faster than anyone else that isn't a McLaren or a Ferrari, it may be time for the other teams to pack it in.

Stop It

navanman said:
Yeah for excitement. And Hamilton sets the fastest lap of the race.
Vettel SHOULD have enough to keep ahead of Schumacher and Button, as long as his brakes literally don't explode. That said if he is caught, he wont have the brakes to defend....

Webber now faster than Hamilton on lap 61, no danger there then...

Edit: or not! Radio: "You must slow down, it is critical" Vettel....please don't ignore your brakes and plough into a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom