• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_B

Vettel won't be WDC this season. The RBR car is mighty fast, but too fragile to survive Vettel's aggressive driving.

It will be a Alonso vs Hamilton WDC duel.

Dead Man

olore said:
Vettels brakes critical according to engineer
Vettell almost coasting completely in braking areas now. Amazing how much the aero and transmission slow the car. Only a couple seconds slower.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh, and of course Webber is still leading, Hamilton is still 2nd and Alonso is 3rd. But then...that was deci...OMG HAMILTON CRASHES!!!

Not his fault, puncture! What a stroke of shit luck. The above was going to be a tweet until I realised that I had jinxed the result.

John_B said:
Vettel won't be WDC this season. The RBR car is mighty fast, but too fragile to survive Vettel's aggressive driving.

It will be a Alonso vs Hamilton WDC duel.

Don't see that happening at all. No way is this championship going to go down to just two drivers.

Also, shame for Hamilton.

Pimpwerx

How is Lewis' tire puncture a tire management issue? His laptimes don't suggest that he used up his tires at all. A puncture is a puncture. PEACE.

Stop It

Road said:
ameiv5.jpg

Yes, I'm that right
Road
This guy is fucking NOSTRADAMUS!
(Today, 02:19 PM)
Reply | Quote

Anyway, Webber wins, Alonso 2nd, Vettel 3rd, what a strange end to this tale...

Of course congrats to RBR for at least keeping one car working 100%, great result to Alonso who only had to keep his nose clean, Vettel lucky to get 3rd with Schumacher 4th and Button 5th.

Stop It

John_B said:
Worst fucking race ever...
Until the end, yes, but then, in a 90 minute race, people usually only remember 5 minutes of it anyway.

Driver of the day has to be Webber, by far, a faultless race. This season is not going to be a 2 horse race, that's for sure.

Frawdder

YEAH!! Great race, Webber the winner with Alonso second and Vettel third.

And Hamilton abusing his tyres like the commentators predicted at the start of the race, so he exits the race which is pretty much the perfect race. Well, any race that Hamilton DNF's is great race! :D

Fantastic!

Edit: Oh yeah, boring race, great result.

scarybore

CurlySaysX said:
Boring race. didn't even watch it.

Certainly boring, the only thing mildly enjoyable was Hamilton getting a puncture and the crowd cheering and that was in the last 5 minutes. Then again, Barcelona usually is boring as shit.

I think I did fucking awful in the fantasy league too, so not a great race.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
Until the end, yes, but then, in a 90 minute race, people usually only remember 5 minutes of it anyway.

Driver of the day has to be Webber, by far, a faultless race. This season is not going to be a 2 horse race, that's for sure.
Yep. I think there will be 4 or 5 drivers in it, at least until the last 3-4 races.

Glad I took Renault over FI in the fantasy league.

Stop It

CurlySaysX said:
Boring race. didn't even watch it.
Can't believe Webber Won.
Well if you did, you'd realise that Webber drove a perfect race and 100% deserved it.

Anyway, lol at the Hamilton haters, anyone who knows F1 knows the difference between a tyre degradation puncture and an explosion caused by bad luck, debris or similar. Hamilton did not kill his tyres, one just failed, that's life.
Orgun said:
What a shit race, most exciting thing was the puncture.
qq5p1l.gif

Pimpwerx

Congrats to Webber, he was driver of the race by far. Thank god his car held together.

Lewis has some shit luck. I can only assume it's the price he paid for the deal he made with the devil for his driving skill. All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't find that top step. A DNF is much worse, but he has the car and ability to be winning more races than this.

Nice to see the old guy putting a wheel to Jenson and then holding him off the rest of the race...destroying both their races in the process. :lol Schuey-train!

Catalunya needs to be removed from the calendar. I say that every year. I can't believe Monaco is next. Two turds in a row. The scheduling committee needs to be put out to pasture too. The no-refueling rule has made drivers more aggressive, but the technical regs need to change more to help them.

I'm not expecting much from Monaco next week, which is fine because I'll be out of town for a bachelor party. I'll try to follow live timing, and I'll probably post a bit on it, but not sure if I'm even gonna bother recording it.

Is it bad that I don't even want to look at the WDC standings right now? It just pains me to see my boy underachieving, eventhough his driving has been impeccable this season. PEACE.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
Well if you did, you'd realise that Webber drove a perfect race and 100% deserved it.

Anyway, lol at the Hamilton haters, anyone who knows F1 knows the difference between a tyre degradation puncture and an explosion caused by bad luck, debris or similar. Hamilton did not kill his tyres, one just failed, that's life.

qq5p1l.gif
Agreed.

DrM said:
Valenica will be even shittier... all F1 races in Spain are borefests par excellence
Sadly, also agreed.

Jinjo

Stop It said:

Fucking this.

Monaco is in a week's time so thankfully we can forget this awful race fast.

jey_16

Banned
For you guys complaining about the race....that was actually half decent compared to your average Spanish GP. It's not the most exciting track.

John_B

The race was even more boring than qualifying.

Webber's tyres looked bad. Hamilton punctured. 40 shitty laps. They need to force a second pit stop or somehow simulate rain.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
Congrats to Webber, he was driver of the race by far. Thank god his car held together.

Lewis has some shit luck. I can only assume it's the price he paid for the deal he made with the devil for his driving skill. All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't find that top step. A DNF is much worse, but he has the car and ability to be winning more races than this.

Nice to see the old guy putting a wheel to Jenson and then holding him off the rest of the race...destroying both their races in the process. :lol Schuey-train!

Catalunya needs to be removed from the calendar. I say that every year. I can't believe Monaco is next. Two turds in a row. The scheduling committee needs to be put out to pasture too. The no-refueling rule has made drivers more aggressive, but the technical regs need to change more to help them.

I'm not expecting much from Monaco next week, which is fine because I'll be out of town for a bachelor party. I'll try to follow live timing, and I'll probably post a bit on it, but not sure if I'm even gonna bother recording it.

Yes, this race needs to go, but Monaco will never leave the calendar, even if the racing is a bit dire. It's a staple event in F1 and will not be replaced.

Is it bad that I don't even want to look at the WDC standings right now? It just pains me to see my boy underachieving, eventhough his driving has been impeccable this season. PEACE.
Hamilton has a strong case to be a very very bitter man after today. If his ranting was arguable in the last few races, this time he really WAS damn fast in a car that had to right to be that fast.

Whitmarsh hinting at "debris" causing the tyre failure, I can't really disagree. Completely dismissed (well almost) driving style as the cause.

Pimpwerx

idahoblue said:
Yep. I think there will be 4 or 5 drivers in it, at least until the last 3-4 races.

Glad I took Renault over FI in the fantasy league.
Yeah, they paid off at the end. But before Liuzzi stopped, I was sitting in the catbird seat. I have Sutil/Petrov/FI/FI/Total. Ren/Ren was a gamble because they cost a shitton. I think my drivers should limit the damage.

Actually, when I think of it, going with Renault imposed an extra $20M, so there's no way anyone else has the same driver tandem I do, which has to be the best value (unless you're a lucky idiot that chose Rubens and Algersuari). I think they should overcome the points lost with Liuzzi's DNF. He only finished 4 places back. We'll see. ;) PEACE.

Jinjo

There, Whitmarsh confirms it. Tires were fine. Deflation caused by debris probably. Hamilton haters can shut it.

Monaco has been McLaren territory since forever. Let's see how they do this year.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Jinjo said:
Monaco has been McLaren territory since forever. Let's see how they do this year.
em, they will probably suffer with this loooong car. Will they remove the F-duct?

Stop It

rogue_pigeon said:
Just noticed Ferrari still have the barcode on their overalls. Wonder how long that will stick around.
Well, is has been "covered up" a bit this week but I am shocked they got away with such blatant advertising for so long.

Anyway, Button miffed, car/unlucky pitstop conspired against him and nobody passes here so Button was completely hamstrung. His steering wheel was completely arsed too, hard to hit the fuel mix buttons when nothing lights up, heh.

Jinjo

DrM said:
em, they will probably suffer with this loooong car. Will they remove the F-duct?

Yeah, that's why I'm curious to see how they'll do this year. Removing the entire F-duct seems unlikely. It's an inherent design of the car. It won't be very useful that's for sure.

Stop It

idahoblue said:
Just checked the drivers standings, holy shit. 8 places covered by 1 win worth of points.
This race may have been a little bit of a dud, but in the grand scheme of things, this has set up the continuation of a potential epic season. Red Bull have the fastest car, McLaren have awesome race pace, Ferrari (Alonso) is constant and a threat and Mercedes wont go away just yet.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
This race may have been a little bit of a dud, but in the grand scheme of things, this has set up the continuation of a potential epic season. red Bull have the fastest car, McLaren have awesome race pace, Ferrari (Alonso) is constant and a threat and Mercedes wont go away just yet.
Yep. There will be some more boring races before the season is over, but the overall championship should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom