• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Why the hell are all the investigations being done after the race? I understand for the Schumi one, but why not address them during the race?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
3 laps, 3.5 seconds. Unless if Hamilton has completely murdered his tyres, he has this race won.

A shame because I would have loved to see a battle between Button and Hamilton, it doesn't look like it was to be. Still, they must be very happy at the team, another 1-2.
duckroll said:
Lol at RBR. Don't even think about it! We have a car problem! :lol

:(
Translation: You know that fucking Renault engine? Yeah, it's fucked again, sorry, stop trying to hurt it further.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
So is this the turning point of the season?
Have RBR blown it and McLaren going to run away with it now?

Dead Man

Stop It said:
3 laps, 3.5 seconds. Unless if Hamilton has completely murdered his tyres, he has this race won.

A shame because I would have loved to see a battle between Button and Hamilton, it doesn't look like it was to be. Still, they must be very happy at the team, another 1-2.
Yeah, McLaren have been great this weekend, they are looking like the best car at the moment, at least of fast tracks.

navanman

Great race by McLaren.

Vettel cruised over the line, fuel issue? and he has stopped.
He had his hands off the wheel hands in air on the straight.

Pimpwerx

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! I can finally celebrate. No counting the eggs before they've hatched. :D Fuck you JTF1. You'll extend your lead another week. I'm just happy my boy got pole and the win this weekend. Kubica ruined the perfect weekend, but that's fine. Hamilton is back where he belongs, leading the WDC! I'm ecstatic. :D PEACE.

Juicy Bob

navanman said:

Honestly, I don't think that you should read too much into it. Everything changes race-by-race it seems. Ferrari could potentially dominate Valencia for all we know, while Red Bull could even come back or McLaren could end up with another 1-2, it's anyone's guess, really.

navanman

Pimpwerx said:
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! I can finally celebrate. No counting the eggs before they've hatched. :D Fuck you JTF1. You'll extend your lead another week. I'm just happy my boy got pole and the win this weekend. Kubica ruined the perfect weekend, but that's fine. Hamilton is back where he belongs, leading the WDC! I'm ecstatic. :D PEACE.

Congrats your McLaren gamble paid off. I think I got some decent points too.

Stop It

So, after this Hamilton - Button 1-2 we have McLaren leading the constructors championships, and for the first time this season (I think) Hamilton leading the World Championship.

If my calcs are correct:

Hamilton: 109
Button: 108
Webber: 103
Alonso: 94
Vettel: 90

olore

Lewis properly enjoying his deserved win again visavi last races more controlled enthusiasm.

Yes, McLaren 1-2, great race, really went to the line this

Stop It

navanman said:
If it is then RBR will be cursing their reliability, Renault, the weather, their drivers, pretty much everything.

By rights they should have ran off with the season BrawnGP style, instead McLaren and Alonso have crept straight back up and have got back on track. The McLarens are now the team to beat. Reliable, fast, unstoppable?

We're in for a great season, we're not even half done yet.

Pimpwerx

Not one, but two passes for the lead today. I'll give Alonso credit for retaking the lead on that one lap though. Awesome action today. I'm gonna give the circuit credit for now, although I remember some dreadful races there like 2001. Whatever the case, though, this track should never have left the calendar. Glad it's back.

Now that Lewis is even on wins with Jenson, I can go back to calling him Benson. :D I'll hold off on that though, since Button's impressed me quite a bit lately. He's got more racing spirit than I gave him credit for. I guess they didn't take yesterday's football match so hard. :lol PEACE.

EDIT: Ferrari fans should be happy. That car was on pace or faster than the Macs today. Quite a feat given their last few races.

olore

Deadman said:
Perfect weekend for me fantasy wise and real life betting wise :D

Schumacher bad today, very bad.

Yeah, wonder what thoughts are running through his head now. Mercedes have their work cut out. Rosberg does seem to be a bit more comfortable in the M-car though

dalin80

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
not a hater

that's two races in a row where mclaren have called off the race between their drivers.

mclaren called it off? i think hamilton going .7s a lap faster with purple sectors as soon as button started gaining was enough to end the race.

Arhal_Katarn

Lince said:
Alonso blaming traffic :lol

Nothing to :lol at. He would have been in front of LH after the pits if he wasn't held up on his in lap.
Red Bull has fucking blown it, they should have been miles in front in the championship by now. You know what i wouldn't write off Alonso, getting a new car next race and he is the best driver by quite a long way.
But well done to LH and JB.

navanman

Wax Free Vanilla said:
not a hater

that's two races in a row where mclaren have called off the race between their drivers.

What? As soon as Button threatened Hamilton, he went a put in the fastest race of the race at that point. He was comfortably faster, still props to Button on a good race too.

navanman

Lince said:
Alonso blaming traffic :lol

He can feel hard done by, but thats racing.
He was held up first by Lotus when he should have kept the lead after Lewis pit stop and then he got screwed for his overtakes by back markers and was then passed by both McLarens.

Igo

Brilliant race.

Alsonso was able to close up on Lewis before his last stop because of traffic so he shouldn't complain too much. He did certainly lose 2nd because because of traffic though.

McLaren really need to sort out their pit stops. Second race in a row where Lewis has lost a position because of slow stops. They had major issues in China too. Hope it doesn't continue back in europe.

Igo

rogue_pigeon said:

At one point he was talking some nonsense about how Jenson has been acknowledged by the team to preserve his tyres better when they've said no such thing. McLaren have actually come out and said that they've seen no data that supports that but yet here this fool is pulling bs out of his ass. What made it even more hilarious is when Lewis responded to Jenson's pressure by pulling a fastest lap out of his bag. Legard did manage to keep his mouth shut after Lewis' engineer came on the radio and said he had the pace and told him to go back to saving his tyres though.

It's such a shame we don't have David Croft from 5live on the main broadcast. Hopefully the BBC shuffle everybody for next season.

TylerD

What a fantastic race to see live! There was some really great action at the hairpin. I will try to post some pics and a couple more videos when I get back from Au Pied de Cochon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom