• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Stop It said:
OMG! Alonso gets blocked fairly by Buemi and Hamilton takes the lead. Wow, what an overtake, I didn't think Alonso even seen that coming.

Great stuff.
We all saw it though. I thought Fonso would be patient. Didn't the team tell him Buemi would pit soon? PEACE.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
They are predicting a 3-stop race now. The medium tyre only lasted 15 laps compared to 7 on super soft.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Pimpwerx said:
Oh Canada! I love you! :D Glad you're back. PEACE.
Well, after the entire season so far being dominated by 1 stoppers. Having this happen is such a great thing for F1.

Such intrigue and speculation will now reign, how many cars will have to pit 3 times, or more? Will the likes of Button be able to keep his tyres fresh and take advantage later? What of the Soft tyres, will they be better later?

McLaren looked doomed after Button and Hamilton had to pit early, they are now 1st and 3rd. Vindication?

Juicy Bob

I know I'm a bit late but Bernie should really be paying Montreal to have a Grand Prix here not the other way round - absolutely fantastic motor race and we've got 50 more laps to go...

Stop It

Juicy Bob said:
I know I'm a bit late but Bernie should really be paying Montreal to have a Grand Prix here not the other way round - absolutely fantastic motor race and we've got 50 more laps to go...
Indeed

Right, Soft watch. Vettel has been going for 6 laps now on the soft tyres, how long will they last now? Fascinating stuff.

Webber faster than Vettel faster than Button faster than Alonso faster than Hamilton on that last lap. They are all bunching up!

Pimpwerx

Alonso is definitely taking care of his tires now. I wonder how Lewis' tires are holding up. Alonso seems able to go quicker. PEACE.

Stop It

duckroll said:
Sorry guys, I think God decided to take the rest of the weekend off. No victory for Schumie today. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

So, Vettel and Button hoping to last for 2 stops. Brundle mis-reading the timing screens as Button had 1 bad sector does not make him "slower than a slow thing" but then such idiotic anti Button crap is to be expected from Brundle.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
:lol :lol :lol

So, Vettel and Button hoping to last for 3 stops. Brundle mis-reading the timing screens as Button had 1 bad sector does not make him "slower than a slow thing" but then such idiotic anti Button crap is to be expected from Brundle.
:lol Pretty much.

Frawdder

Kubica with the risky entry to pit lane :S

Also, how awesome is this racing, fire that Tilke bloke and let's race on old tracks...oh yeah, MULTIPLE PITSTOPS! :D

Stop It

Wait, some of the drivers haven't got the tyres for the rest of the race and want to make it a 2 stop?

My god. This is epic. Webber is screwed as he needs to stop again, and those soft tyres will not last 40 laps.

Pimpwerx

Everyone has to stop at least once more, right? Isn't Webber still on his softs? How the hell is he putting in these laps? PEACE.

defel

Pimpwerx said:
Everyone has to stop at least once more, right? Isn't Webber still on his softs? How the hell is he putting in these laps? PEACE.

Pretty sure Webber is on Hards and Vettel is on softs

edit:beaten

Juicy Bob

So they they think they'll be able to run the rest of the race on Primes? The tyre situation just seems to be changing all the time...

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
OK. Sounds like Vettel is preparing to do something big. :D PEACE.
Crash? I hope not, he has Button ahead of him!

So the teams are thinking the tyres will now last for the rest of the race? I'm not entirely sold on that just yet. I think Button may be laughing into his helmet right about now though.

Edit: investigations ahoy!

Stop It

Reno7728 said:
Webber thinks he can 2-stop :eek:
!!!

The cars are exchanging fastest laps now. Fantastic though to see the 5 WC contenders all in this fight and all with a chance of winning. Webber starting to slow a little? I don't think those tyres have long left.

Edit: I was right, radio confirms his tyres are going. Those soft tyres can never last 25-30 laps, right?

Pimpwerx

I think Webber did 25 laps on the primes before he said they're going away. I guess the tires don't go away enough to warrant pitting again though. PEACE.

Stop It

Liuzzi and Massa ask to have a dance again at turn 1, thankfully deciding against playing Touring cars this time.
Dead Man said:
Yep. I think he needs 2 more stops. It is just a matter of how bad the other cars tyres will degrade.
Yet again, the top 5 are bunching up. Webber is in a bit of trouble here.

Juicy Bob

Stop It said:
Edit: I was right, radio confirms his tyres are going. Those soft tyres can never last 25-30 laps, right?

That's what I thought.

Webber losing time and catching traffic - surely RB must pit him now?

Juicy Bob said:
That's what I thought.

Webber losing time and catching traffic - surely RB must pit him now?
I think that would be the best bet even if he comes out in traffic, push it too long and he is going to drop more seconds.

Frawdder

Webber has to pit soon, surely? He'll lose a couple of places but it would be better than allowing Hamilton to catch and pass and then pitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom