• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Jeff-DSA

DarkAngelYuna said:
Wth people!
Last night I leave you guys for 45 minutes so I could walk the dog and Tarakia drops from 45 to 35%.. I leave you guys for 6 hours so I could finally sleep and you let it drop to 0%??! I really am this army's only hope. Without me you guys are nothing. :( :lol

Server issues really didn't help. The NeoGAF Brigade was ready to go for several hours but we couldn't get into any Neroimus War missions.

Jeff-DSA said:
Server issues really didn't help. The NeoGAF Brigade was ready to go for several hours but we couldn't get into any Neroimus War missions.

Servers were great until about midnight eastern time then they just went straight to tell. Probably all them west coasters getting on ruining the servers. :(

sammy

Vark said:
Dang nabit. Looks like we have our work cut out for us tonight.

guerillas time!

how did the lottery end up? I was interested to see how exactly that works itself out, but if our capital was overtaken do we lose the entire lot of parts?

great great game, it's been years and years since I've nerded out to such robot-whomp-ass ---- and now I get to do so online, with strategy outside of NPC's, it's amazing how well a group comes together.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
SonnyBoy said:
Denogginizer what sqaud are you a member of? I want to join a squad with people on my friends list. Do you live on the east coast?

The NeoGAF Brigade. I am a denizen of the east coast. And I am now a rebel resistance fighter...

Jeff-DSA

DenogginizerOS said:
The NeoGAF Brigade. I am a denizen of the east coast. And I am now a rebel resistance fighter...

Can all NeoGAF Brigade members PM me their Gamertag? I'm going to set up an online page somewhere (like a blog or something) where we can just all use it for a reference tool.

I guess if I set up a blog we could use it to announce meeting times as well. I can just set it as a group blog and PM everybody the login info so they can edit it and post on it. If nobody is interested in posting on it, we can at least have the gamertags listed for reference.

SonnyBoy

DenogginizerOS said:

Can I join the Brigade still? I just rented a copy from blockbuster. I'll be online tommorow evening (working night shift tonight). It'd be great if you can show me the ropes a bit. I LOVE COOP games and if this game is as good as you make it sound I'm going to buy it.

Jeff-DSA

Here are the ones I know, I'll need help filling in the rest. (GAF name / Gamertag)

chespace - chespace 1UP
DarkAngelYuna - MattsOnlyHope
Trav - Trav
drohne - drohne
Geoff9920 - Rodrik
Jeff-DSA - Jeff AMN
Enron - chrisful
MisterAnderson - Vince2023
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer OS
sammy - plus1chromosome
Sysgen
IJoel - IJoel
Kung Fu Jedi - KungFuJedi 1138
six demon bag
Vark - Vark
MusashiWins - Musashi Wins
DJ Brannon - DJ Brannon
No Depth
freddor
Scaramanga OS

Tabs

DJ Brannon, MattsOnlyHope, Vince2023, and myself were holding our own during the early evening hours. DJ had a spectacular HQ kill that had us all thinking that it was ours and we had lost, only to see Mission Complete pop up right after. I checked this thread out this morning and saw that our 45.5% became 0%, GAH! But really, isn't that why we signed up for Tarakia in the first place? To fight back as the underdog? I'm looking forward to making a push tonight.

Jeff-DSA

Trav said:
DJ Brannon, MattsOnlyHope, Vince2023, and myself were holding our own during the early evening hours. DJ had a spectacular HQ kill that had us all thinking that it was ours and we had lost, only to see Mission Complete pop up right after. I checked this thread out this morning and saw that our 45.5% became 0%, GAH! But really, isn't that why we signed up for Tarakia in the first place? To fight back as the underdog? I'm looking forward to making a push tonight.

Awesome, I'll be on tonight hoping to help make a difference as well.

Jeff-DSA said:
Here are the ones I know, I'll need help filling in the rest. (GAF name / Gamertag)

chespace - chespace 1UP
MattsOnlyHope
Trav - Trav
drohne - drohne
Geoff9920 - Rodrik
Jeff-DSA - Jeff AMN
chrisful
Vince2023
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer OS
sammy - plus1chromosome
Sysgen
IJoel - IJoel
KungFuJedi1138 - KungFuJedi 1138
six demon bag
Vark - Vark
MusashiWins - Musashi Wins
DJ Brannon - DJ Brannon
No Depth
freddor
Scaramanga OS

I'm MattsOnlyHope

At the rate that things are going, there will be a reset before tonight. Sal Kar is in real danger of losing it's captial as well, with Morskoj forces only a jump away, and fighting hard to take the ground. We probably won't need to have a resistence by 7 or 8 tonight.

Jeff-DSA

Kung Fu Jedi said:
At the rate that things are going, there will be a reset before tonight. Sal Kar is in real danger of losing it's captial as well, with Morskoj forces only a jump away, and fighting hard to take the ground. We probably won't need to have a resistence by 7 or 8 tonight.

After the reset we should attack Morskoj early and often. They seem to have most of the strength and it would be good to pounce on them early.

Jeff-DSA said:
After the reset we should attack Morskoj early and often. They seem to have most of the strength and it would be good to pounce on them early.

Agreed. Won't this be the second win in a row for them? It's too bad we can't make a temporary alliance with the Sal Kar.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Trav said:

Just checked my stats in the NeoGAF Brigade and it shows me as being 23% of our squad in terms of my contribution rate. :)

Tarakians, FIGHT!

SonnyBoy

If you guys have an extra spot, I'd like to grab it. I have the rental for 5 days and hopfully I can have someone show me the ropes. I just saw Che pop on so I might try to game with him for a min.

DenogginizerOS

chespace said:
Just checked my stats in the NeoGAF Brigade and it shows me as being 23% of our squad in terms of my contribution rate. :)

Tarakians, FIGHT!

Cool. I wonder if we can check our squad stats online....

edit: Nope. :( I am curious what all of our contribution rates are.

Tabs

chespace said:

Tarakians, FIGHT!
I still haven't settled into a role yet. I like playing the Heavy Gunner (artillery), but the team needs to be set up to really use it. It doesn't work well in a 400m-500m clear line of sight engagement with Soldiers or Snipers. I like the Sniper role, but I was discouraged by one particular outing we had yesterday. I unloaded nearly all of my munition into the enemy Commander and couldn't destroy him. These are big nasty guns too that level offline CPU mechs in one shot. Either he had some godly armor, or my damage was spread out too thin among his parts (he did have a skinny cockpit).

Brannon

You know what's really cool and that I just tried out? Doing a 1-vs-1 match, giving an NA-Maker to a mech with spikes, capturing over half the COMBAS towers and waiting in a central location to see where the enemy mech comes from and sneak around him right to his base.

It's... so..... beautiful..... *sniff*

White Man

I just got my copy. I had to get Drinky to pick up a copy for me from a Gamecrazy near his place. I was searching for the game near me yesterday and it was sold out everywhere.

sammy

you know NeoGAF Brigade... i didn't really think of this untill now, but most (if not all) of the games (against CPU) we played last night were set on "recruit" and i can't imagine that yielding the most points for Tarakia.

it's no wonder that Morskoj decimates us so quickly, if most of them are playing the PC at higher difficulties.

now that we have some unity and strategy, and even know the lay of some lands, we should try some harder difficulties tonight and see what we get.

Jeff-DSA

sammy said:
you know NeoGAF Brigade... i didn't really think of this untill now, but most (if not all) of the games (against CPU) we played last night were set on "recruit" and i can't imagine that yielding the most points for Tarakia.

it's no wonder that Morskoj decimates us so quickly, if most of them are playing the PC at higher difficulties.

now that we have some unity and strategy, and even know the lay of some lands, we should try some harder difficulties tonight and see what we get.

That's a good point, I'd like to see how big of a difference it makes if we turn up the difficulty.

chespace

sammy said:

Is that really what determines the difficulty of AI?

Because if so, I'll set that shit to grandmaster poobah every single CPU match.

This game is beauty in motion.

Judging from the concept art below, it looks like these hounds were supposed to be a lot smaller in scale originally -- probably more along the lines of the Maschinen Krieger scale -- basically around the size of tanks that house single-seater pilots.

%7B930632f9-cd8b-47e1-a4cc-bbd9cec50e3f%7D_image1_large_1.jpg

%7B930632f9-cd8b-47e1-a4cc-bbd9cec50e3f%7D_image4_large_4.jpg

%7B930632f9-cd8b-47e1-a4cc-bbd9cec50e3f%7D_image5_large_5.jpg

%7B930632f9-cd8b-47e1-a4cc-bbd9cec50e3f%7D_image6_large_6.jpg

%7B930632f9-cd8b-47e1-a4cc-bbd9cec50e3f%7D_image7_large_7.jpg

DenogginizerOS

sammy said:

I'm all for it. lets push the limits and see what we can do.

Treo360

DenogginizerOS said:
I'm all for it. lets push the limits and see what we can do.

I think that's why my Hound destroyer Canon seemed a bit ineffective against a scout last night, both I and Scientific (don't know his GAF name) played last night in the 13th GafHnd Sqd. With the difficulty set to recruit I think you're able to absorb much more damage then usual.

Vince2023 = MisterAnderson

I played chromehounds until 9:30 in the ****ing morning. This game has a hold on me lol. I am SO close to getting my next rank up from Private.

At the moment, the Tarakians have reclaimed their capital. :D Go Tarakia! Get online and help with the cause if you can, and at least take advantage of having a shop for the moment.

I'm at work, so no help from me! :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
We tried a round against the CPU with the gametype set at the highest rank.

It was brutal. Very very brutal. The enemy mechs were this sickly red color. And they decimated us.

chespace

MisterAnderson said:
Vince2023 = MisterAnderson

I played chromehounds until 9:30 in the ****ing morning. This game has a hold on me lol. I am SO close to getting my next rank up from Private.

Dude, you and I played (and kicked ass) until 4:30am PST... so you played for 3 more hours after that and STILL couldn't raise your rank?! :)

We got some pretty good teamwork strategy going there at the end with you as a heavily armed commander. I'm thinking about making a fast lance-heavy commander hound for urban combat so I can hide behind buildings, go around mechs, and run straight for their base while you distract them. With enough lances, the base should go down in less than 30 seconds. I'll probably just add a light assault rifle to take care of drones and tanks.

One of the Morskoj teams we beat last night messaged me and said nice work. I was like, whoa... good sportsmanship on Xbox Live. I actually like how, just like in real war, you don't really get to know who you're fighting -- you don't know their gamertags or anything. You just see the color of their mechs before you blow it the fcuk up. :)

BTW, I brought my game to work so we could do our 9:30EST offensive tonight. Very tempted to load it up now though. :(

DenogginizerOS

FlyinJ said:
We tried a round against the CPU with the gametype set at the highest rank.

It was brutal. Very very brutal. The enemy mechs were this sickly red color. And they decimated us.

What did they decimate you with? How many of you played? Sickly, red color? Ugh. That frightens me.

Treo360

Kabuki Waq said:
Do you guys face off against other clans often or is it just facing the CPU?

seems sorta cheesy facing CPU all the time.

Unless you're in debt, then again there's a reason why I am thatclose to being bankrupt.

Damn I'm suffering from withdrawl.

So Che, those lance units do wonders to bases and mechs eh?

Jeff-DSA

chespace said:
Dude, you and I played (and kicked ass) until 4:30am PST... so you played for 3 more hours after that and STILL couldn't raise your rank?! :)

We got some pretty good teamwork strategy going there at the end with you as a heavily armed commander. I'm thinking about making a fast lance-heavy commander hound for urban combat so I can hide behind buildings, go around mechs, and run straight for their base while you distract them. With enough lances, the base should go down in less than 30 seconds. I'll probably just add a light assault rifle to take care of drones and tanks.

One of the Morskoj teams we beat last night messaged me and said nice work. I was like, whoa... good sportsmanship on Xbox Live. I actually like how, just like in real war, you don't really get to know who you're fighting -- you don't know their gamertags or anything. You just see the color of their mechs before you blow it the fcuk up. :)

BTW, I brought my game to work so we could do our 9:30EST offensive tonight. Very tempted to load it up now though. :(

I'll be on for the 9:30 raid...can't wait. :D

Dude, you and I played (and kicked ass) until 4:30am PST... so you played for 3 more hours after that and STILL couldn't raise your rank?!

One of the Morskoj teams we beat last night messaged me and said nice work. I was like, whoa... good sportsmanship on Xbox Live. I actually like how, just like in real war, you don't really get to know who you're fighting -- you don't know their gamertags or anything. You just see the color of their mechs before you blow it the fcuk up.

Man I made like 3 more mechs last night, they kick utter ass. I can't wait to try them in a bit. I made another commander mech with 2 rockets and one of those heavy defender rockets, and it's on catterpiller treads, it should be fun. I also made 2 others but I was so tired I forgot what they were, I just remember they were beasts.

Question though: Is anyone else having trouble using their online created mechs in single player? When I try to load an assembly data in the garage I get a message saying that I don't have the parts for that assembly, and when I cycle through my parts in the garage I only have the parts I've earned in single player and not the ones I've bought online. Can you not bring over your online parts to the single player game?

PS: I can't express how utterly important a mech with a portable NA (commander hound) would be in a squad battle, let alone how one sided it can make a 2 v 2 if the opponent doesn't have a portable NA. If the enemy had a commander and we didn't, we would not win.

Jeff-DSA

MisterAnderson said:
Can you not bring over your online parts to the single player game?

No, I think it's a way of keeping the single-player game balanced. If I could bring my online mech to the single-player missions, I'd be able to blaze through them pretty dang easily.

From what I've been reading on message boards doing wars against the cpu doesn't even help much at all, it's the wars against humans that makes most progress.

chespace

Jeff-DSA said:
No, I think it's a way of keeping the single-player game balanced. If I could bring my online mech to the single-player missions, I'd be able to blaze through them pretty dang easily.

I play with my online created mech in single-player all the time. Not sure why/how I could do it though. I haven't gone back to SP since I enlisted for the Neroimus war so... I dunno.

Jeff-DSA

chespace said:
I play with my online created mech in single-player all the time. Not sure why/how I could do it though. I haven't gone back to SP since I enlisted for the Neroimus war so... I dunno.

They teach you how to hack games at MS Che?

Maybe I just haven't fiddled around enough with it, but I thought it was impossible. Now that I know there is a way, I need to find out how you managed that.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
chespace said:

It works if you have already aquired the parts in single player. The "assembly data" that are your online mechs are just blueprints. If you have the parts, they'll work.

chespace

It all makes sense now.

Team 2 at From Software are the folks behind Chromehounds.

They're also the team responsible for Frame Gride, Otogi 1 and 2, as well as Metal Wolf Chaos.

I think they're currently my personal favorite Japanese dev team. Everything they do just totally clicks with me.

framegride_screen001.jpg

1095116575.jpg

ME0000499363_2.jpg

Chromehounds_19_500.jpg

Enron

Banned
Man, wtf do you guys do for a living? Playing this game until 9.30 am? Che, you work at MS don't you? How in the world do you get away with staying up till 4.30 and playing?

I'll be on at 9.30ish est, but like last night, ill only be able to play for 1-2 hours.

chespace

Enron said:
Man, wtf do you guys do for a living? Playing this game until 9.30 am? Che, you work at MS don't you? How in the world do you get away with staying up till 4.30 and playing?

I'll be on at 9.30ish est, but like last night, ill only be able to play for 1-2 hours.

Lots of coffee bro, lots of coffee.

Jeff-DSA

chespace said:
Lots of coffee bro, lots of coffee.

Xbox 360 Premium Pack: $400
Xbox Live Gold: $50
Chromehounds: $60
Keg o' Coffee: $45

Staying up to pound "just one more" hound: Priceless

edit: Mine was actually free...

Tabs

Someone posted this on the official forums about pure Snipers:
1. Low damage.
2. Low ammo.
3. Slow reload.
4. Poor defense in a pure-sniper build.
5. Muzzle velocity is way too slow, making sniper fire easy to dodge.
6. Can't group fire sniper weapons and expect to put both shots on the same component at greater than medium range, lucky to do so at all at long range and a moving target. Try to work around this and you end up with one cannon in each group, and cannons have less than 20 ammo each. Do the math.
Having played a lot of pure Sniper myself, I tend to agree. I wonder what we're missing.

Top Bottom