• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

avcables

Banned
I'm sad because I never got to experience this game to what apparently was its full potential. I think I got rid of it after playing it for 10 minutes. :lol

Trasher

Many spots open in the NeoGAF Brigade still. We had 6 people on a couple nights ago, and have played almost every night since.

Vagrant

Chichikov said:
Sweet games tonight.
Finally getting some Ws.
plural.

also, ninja ACV rules all.

Yeah, good games tonight. I'm finally happy with my hound for the first time post-patch. Of course I might steal your secret hound design. I hear it practically guarantees victory, even when outnumbered.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Joates said:
Joates is back with a competent sniper mech.

What squad are you in? I might have to switch again. I wish we could just combine to one squad. I'm sure the amount of people dedicated to playing would be better in one squad instead of split up between two.

Trasher

purgeface said:
What squad are you in? I might have to switch again. I wish we could just combine to one squad. I'm sure the amount of people dedicated to playing would be better in one squad instead of split up between two.
We had 6 people all on at once 2 nights ago. The NeoGAF Brigade is almost as active as it used to be. It's nice to be playing 4v4's and 5v5's again!

Also, I'm getting on right now if anyone wants to join me.

I really need to contact Comcast about my connection. I don't know why it's so poor all of the sudden. I want to play but then again I don't want to fuck up any games for you guys by dropping all the time.

Trasher

These are the current hounds I'm using atm:

Gator: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/sneake0042/Qs800.jpg

Sabretooth:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/elitekiller/pmh_tws.jpg

I prefer the Sabretooth at the moment because I like having 3 linked Sabres. The Gator has good speed though. Going to try a couple other builds too that I found on the Chromehounds forums. Here's the thread I have been referring to, and also where I got those two screens from: http://boards2.sega.com/chromehounds_board/viewtopic.php?t=8958

Spooka

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I really need to contact Comcast about my connection. I don't know why it's so poor all of the sudden. I want to play but then again I don't want to fuck up any games for you guys by dropping all the time.

It was worth you lagging out just to see your pink Hello Kitty mech flying 50 feet above the battlefield. It was the highlight of my night. Sadly.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Trasher said:
These are the current hounds I'm using atm:

Gator: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/sneake0042/Qs800.jpg

Sabretooth:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/elitekiller/pmh_tws.jpg

I prefer the Sabretooth at the moment because I like having 3 linked Sabres. The Gator has good speed though. Going to try a couple other builds too that I found on the Chromehounds forums. Here's the thread I have been referring to, and also where I got those two screens from: http://boards2.sega.com/chromehounds_board/viewtopic.php?t=8958

Sheeeit, how do you know how to build those?

I need a good soldier basically (cannon/howitzer).

Chichikov

Vagrant said:
Yeah, good games tonight. I'm finally happy with my hound for the first time post-patch. Of course I might steal your secret hound design. I hear it practically guarantees victory, even when outnumbered.
Especially when outnumbered.
You know, the phrase "unstoppable robotic instrument of doom" is getting thrown around a lot lately, but rarely is it more appropriate as when it's applied to The Ninja ACV.
That being said, during last night game I've realized the human race is not quite evolved (or intelligently designed) enough to handle its awesome power.
So it will be retired, ending its illustrious career with a 1.000 batting average.

p.s.
I'll probably be on tonight.

Kingpen

So what happens to the squad if you are the squad leader and am thinking about changing squads?

I can't deny that the appeal of having all the GAF regulars in one squad instead of split up is appealing now. Seems people are going over to the Brigade now....

I don't want to maroon the others in the NeoGAF RESERVE though, so I won't do anything unless I get a clear answer or concensus....

Trasher

Kingpen said:
So what happens to the squad if you are the squad leader and am thinking about changing squads?

I can't deny that the appeal of having all the GAF regulars in one squad instead of split up is appealing now. Seems people are going over to the Brigade now....

I don't want to maroon the others in the NeoGAF RESERVE though, so I won't do anything unless I get a clear answer or concensus....
Everyone seems to be joining us. I say you merge back with us Kingpen. A lot of us are active again. We have a bunch of room for the rest of your active members to join us also.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Trasher said:
Everyone seems to be joining us. I say you merge back with us Kingpen. A lot of us are active again. We have a bunch of room for the rest of your active members to join us also.

That would be nice, except none of us will be able to join for another week because he switched our country to Tarakia not too long ago. See you guys in a week.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the last hound i built looked a lot like that 'gator,' though with anelace cannons rather than snipers. really stable, even with the gimped post-patch reverse legs. MUST NOT GET BACK INTO CHROMEHOUNDS. MUST PLAY STACK OF NEW GAMES

Beavertown

Garbage
purgeface said:
That would be nice, except none of us will be able to join for another week because he switched our country to Tarakia not too long ago. See you guys in a week.

The new War started yesterday, so Kingpin should be able to switch nations if he hasn't already.. if he has, then you only have to wait for your captial to fall and then Kingpen can defect the squad.

Kingpen said:

It just falls to the next person in line in the squad. But if you're planning on meeting up in Morskjo, then you should just switch allegiances before you leave the squad. If you already have switched for this war, then just wait until your capital falls and then defect.

Kingpen

I was really just curious at what would happen... Perhaps at some point I'll come back and join you guys, but I'm going to stay with the RESERVE for the time being.

I wonder how many of you will be playing this in 2 weeks after Bioshock drops...?:D

purg3

slept with Malkin
Kingpen said:
I was really just curious at what would happen... Perhaps at some point I'll come back and join you guys, but I'm going to stay with the RESERVE for the time being.

I wonder how many of you will be playing this in 2 weeks after Bioshock drops...?:D

Haha, true. The new releases really start to pick up after Bioshock drops. But I can still see myself playing this once or twice a week still.

Trasher

drohne said:
the last hound i built looked a lot like that 'gator,' though with anelace cannons rather than snipers. really stable, even with the gimped post-patch reverse legs. MUST NOT GET BACK INTO CHROMEHOUNDS. MUST PLAY STACK OF NEW GAMES
Come back drohne! We miss you!

Kolgar

DenogginizerOS said:
I must find a copy of this game today. *determined face*

I found three copies at Circuit City last night, clearanced to $16. Bought two. Maybe I'll see you guys online!

My connection has been on a downward spiral over the past several weeks. It seems like everyday it's getting worse. Comcast's tech support is coming over this week to check out the ground wire....again.

Hopefully I'll be able to play sooner rather than later.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Pretty sure it means come play Halo with Ramirez more often!
Haha I've noticed you have been playing it almost every time I log on to Chromehounds. You should buy Chromehounds IMO and play it with us until Halo 3.

Btw, logging on now. Come join me Brigade.

Also, Che, I should have an Isba for you now.

Joates

Banned
Bu bu bu but, I downloaded that demo and I need to play through it for the fifth time (with ATHF marathon in split screen).

Ill be on soon

Top Bottom