• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:

:lol when does the ban lift? Is it morning of the 30th or midnight? It's the 31st here so I was all 'Yay unbanned already' yesterday. Apparently xbox live operates in America time only. COCK MASTERS.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
im not sure, i haven't actually checked.

My xbox is still packed up from going to the lan party (another dfish asskicking!) So i have yet to try

Ramirez

I wish Bungie would remove snipers from Team Slayer,those maps are always so lopsided,ugh.Or at the very least make sniping hard,add some recoil or some shit,it's way too fucking easy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
I wish Bungie would remove snipers from Team Slayer,those maps are always so lopsided,ugh.Or at the very least make sniping hard,add some recoil or some shit,it's way too fucking easy.

A little bit of me dies on the inside every time I see either

Team slayer on Ascension
or
Team slayer on Coagulation

hearing the dreaded "I lost the sniper" from a team mate means bad times for all!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
A little bit of me dies on the inside every time I see either

Team slayer on Ascension
or
Team slayer on Coagulation

hearing the dreaded "I lost the sniper" from a team mate means bad times for all!

Axe Team Slayer on Coagulation, remove the sniper from Ascension. BUNGIE, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS.

Ramirez

-Coag
-Collossus
-Burial Mounds
-Ascension

Just fucking awful maps for TS...Lockout,Ivory Tower,Midship, & Foundation are easily the best,they are the least weapon dependent maps in the game.Midship is my favorite,you can really tell whose good and who isn't on that map.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
-Coag
-Collossus
-Burial Mounds
-Ascension

Just fucking awful maps for TS...Lockout,Ivory Tower,Midship, & Foundation are easily the best,they are the least weapon dependent maps in the game.Midship is my favorite,you can really tell whose good and who isn't on that map.

I like Collossus and Ascension and oddly enough, according to my extended stats, Coagulation is my best map :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Me and apex looking for some people to play with right now...... you should all get on for some late night halo!

heh I wonder if I was banned seeing how I a) Play with Dopey quite a bit and b) Was involved with that series of games with the odd lagging issues... not that I play that often to know though.

DopeyFish

nah, it's feedback. first bans were bungie bans. second bans were all feedback bans

on another note my h2 advanced stats were posted... and to my surprise... i've never been 3rd or 4th place in team skirmish on my team.

scary.

level.php

:lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
on another note my h2 advanced stats were posted... and to my surprise... i've never been 3rd or 4th place in team skirmish on my team.

You be reading it wrong dude. that team place is goofy, because the worst you can do for team place is 2. You want to be looking at Place for your overall doings yours is 7 for worst, so that means you came 3rd on the losing team at least once. I don't think you can tell it for games only won.

Also it looks like you me Ramirez nutter and ironclad should never team up on Ivory tower, it's all our worst map for team skirm :lol Although each of our average places on those maps are above 4, so that's not to bad.

Looks like Ramirez is the Team slayer dominator. Probably explains that level 17 business.

Good stats page. pity it's going to cost.

number386

Hey guys if your looking for a guy to play with feel free to add me to your buddy list will love top play with you guys. I'll be on later tonight Jan 31 around 11 pm EST.

Gamertag = Lancelet Pink

I'll also attempt to add some of you guys to my buddy list, Thanks.

Nutter

catfish said:
You be reading it wrong dude. that team place is goofy, because the worst you can do for team place is 2. You want to be looking at Place for your overall doings yours is 7 for worst, so that means you came 3rd on the losing team at least once. I don't think you can tell it for games only won.

Also it looks like you me Ramirez nutter and ironclad should never team up on Ivory tower, it's all our worst map for team skirm :lol Although each of our average places on those maps are above 4, so that's not to bad.

Looks like Ramirez is the Team slayer dominator. Probably explains that level 17 business.

Good stats page. pity it's going to cost.

Sad but true. :lol

On the Same note; as much as everyone hates Coag, That seems to be my best map. o_o

Oh BTW, by looking at the stats today, it confirms that they only use the daily XML file.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
yeah those stats seem to do a nightly update or something. Pretty cool, but if I was going to pay for that I would want an entire history as well as last 2 weeks, last week etc.

Me games for life and apex played a minor clan match last night, we won it against a level 8 clan, it was weird though, because we got matched against the NZ Legion. turned out they all lived in mine & apex's city. Had a good laugh about that, especially when Games for life lagged like a bitch the entire game. :lol.

At the end of the game it was all "oh you're from NZ? Oh yeah same city crazy" then one of them says "Do you guys have a clan?" "Uh.... This is minor clanmatch dude" :lol

Sumidor

Ugh.. Mine is taking forever to get up.. By the way, they seriously need to keep track of betrayels.. or give medals for them.. I think the GAF motto, should be "Watch your back" or "Friend=Foe"

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Sumidor said:
Ugh.. Mine is taking forever to get up.. By the way, they seriously need to keep track of betrayels.. or give medals for them.. I think the GAF motto, should be "Watch your back" or "Friend=Foe"

:lol

There's a quota of 2 betrayals per game when Ramirez and Ironclad are playing with me.

Ramirez

I lost my level 17 in TS :( I swear it should go off of wins,I've won over 400 TS matches and have close to a 60% winning percentage,yet Im only a 16,bullshit :p

My best head shots was 15 in TS,haha...these stats are so wrong for me though,I've played like 750 TS games,yet I only have 231 total kills :lol

number386

Donkey and apex are on.

We just had a good run with the new guy, Lancelet Pink. He's good.

Thanks for the vote of confidence duderon, I'm lancelet pink. I'll probably be on again tonight Feb 1 2004 11:00 PM EST. Feel free to add me to your buddy list. Duderon was kind enough to invite me to the Neo GAF clan. :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
we had a pretty good run last night. It was funny how Llamas level 1 rank (although you're clearly better than that :lol) was getting us matched with teams of level 12s quite a bit. Sorry about that last game too, somebody turned up at my house and my flatmates started downloading some movies off the net. Lag + Distraction = bad times.

Does anyone else despise phone calls while playing halo? I went down to a lowly 12 in rumble pit last night, because on foundation I was leading with 21 kills (next was 18) and a friend from Australia called, my reasoning was "If I quit now I should come about second or 3rd) I realised seconds later that when you quit, you come dead last :(.

EDIT: UGH Playing with strangers, look at these dorks.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=71750648&player=Donkey69

Me and Apex laying the smack down on the other team while our handicapped team mate "TINY P HOLE" takes a mean slaughtering, the other guy WHITCOMP fucking leaves for about 4 minutes but DOESN'T QUIT. just stands there and keeps respawning and dying. Then I get a friends request from him after the game, which I decline. followed by another friends request. Those good close games we had nutter were totally negated by that disaster. I got 22 kills, Apex got 15 and the other 2 monkeys couldn't get 13 between them. GAWD.

If you die 10 times in a row without a kill, do your team a favour and quit :(

Nutter

catfish said:
we had a pretty good run last night. It was funny how Llamas level 1 rank (although you're clearly better than that :lol) was getting us matched with teams of level 12s quite a bit. Sorry about that last game too, somebody turned up at my house and my flatmates started downloading some movies off the net. Lag + Distraction = bad times.

Does anyone else despise phone calls while playing halo? I went down to a lowly 12 in rumble pit last night, because on foundation I was leading with 21 kills (next was 18) and a friend from Australia called, my reasoning was "If I quit now I should come about second or 3rd) I realised seconds later that when you quit, you come dead last :(.

EDIT: UGH Playing with strangers, look at these dorks.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=71750648&player=Donkey69

Me and Apex laying the smack down on the other team while our handicapped team mate "TINY P HOLE" takes a mean slaughtering, the other guy WHITCOMP fucking leaves for about 4 minutes but DOESN'T QUIT. just stands there and keeps respawning and dying. Then I get a friends request from him after the game, which I decline. followed by another friends request. Those good close games we had nutter were totally negated by that disaster. I got 22 kills, Apex got 15 and the other 2 monkeys couldn't get 13 between them. GAWD.

If you die 10 times in a row without a kill, do your team a favour and quit :(
Yeah Playing with random strangers Who leave 2 minutes into the game because we are down 12 to 3 suck; but sometimes that is a good thing as evident last night. We were down 14 to 4 and our fourth person leaves. BUT three of us remaining, (me donkey and some other random dude) kicked the shit out of the other team and won by 2. :D

Ramirez

Me and Ironclad beat these guys in TS on Zanzibar,both of our teammates quit before the score was like 14-12 or something,I had 19 and he had like 17,pwnage.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played with a few of you guys in a while. Anyone going to play this weekend? I'm broke so I'm gonna hit the halo pretty hard.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Flying Llama said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence duderon, I'm lancelet pink. I'll probably be on again tonight Feb 1 2004 11:00 PM EST. Feel free to add me to your buddy list. Duderon was kind enough to invite me to the Neo GAF clan. :)

Did I miss something? Is there a new version of the clan? I play pretty regularly around 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. everyday and I hardly ever see any GAF clan members on.

Then again, I'm probably not good enough to hang with you guys anyway and I would probably be out-matched. Still, I'm curious how there can be 100 team members and only like 1 ever signed on at a time.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Minotauro said:
Did I miss something? Is there a new version of the clan? I play pretty regularly around 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. everyday and I hardly ever see any GAF clan members on.

Then again, I'm probably not good enough to hang with you guys anyway and I would probably be out-matched. Still, I'm curious how there can be 100 team members and only like 1 ever signed on at a time.

The new clan is Neo GAF

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Minotauro said:
Ah, okay. Was this done to sift out all the scrubs?

100 members approx 2 people on line at anytime. pretty much it was impossible to manage cause when H2 came out everyone claimed they would play, so they signed up and never played.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Ramirez said:
You could say that :p

Heh, understood.

Some of your rankings are a little intimidating. Well, then again, I've only played a fraction of the number of games. You, for instance, have played about 1100 more games than I have!

Boy, I really need to quit this whole working thing...it takes up entirely too much time. :)

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Yea,I have alot of time on my hands since I only go to school :p
Haha, Same here.

And also just played like 14 matches with Rameriz and Prine. lost about 5;
3 due to cheaters. :(
And 1 Due to our own team member being a prick. He picks up a sniper and starts shooting at us (his own team mates) about 7 betrayals before i kicked hiS ass out.

F U Bungie..... FIX THIS GAME!!!!!!

number386

Heh, understood.

Some of your rankings are a little intimidating. Well, then again, I've only played a fraction of the number of games. You, for instance, have played about 1100 more games than I have!

Boy, I really need to quit this whole working thing...it takes up entirely too much time.

Dont sweat it, it's all about having fun. If your ever up for a game and I'm on I'll be more than happy to have you on my party. That goes for everyone here.

gamertag = Lancelet Pink

Had a good run yesterday duderon went beserk and mopped the floor with the opposition, also had great games with catfish, apex, and hgplayer1

hgplayer1

is it even worth playing clan matches with all the cheating going on?

honestly, today was the first time Id been in a game where someone blatantly did the standby glitch. I still dont think Ive been in a game where someone did the dummy glitch or hide the bomb on Midship, then again Ive stop playing skirmish almost completely.

Id really like to see how some of us would do in minor clan matches after some of the runs we had in TS.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been standby'd in ages actually. good I don't want to drop my 16. I played one game to many last nigh of T Slayer, where you know you should stop by you think "just one more" got my ranking up to about 2/3rds the way through 15 and dropped it back to almost nothing with 2 loses.

DopeyFish

yay. just played a team slayer game where some moron kept killing our sniper just to get the rifle.

i'm talking TKing!

WTF.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
doesn't your team get the option to kick after 2 betrayals?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
doesn't your team get the option to kick after 2 betrayals?

I think it depends on what kind of betrayal, like if you stick someone you can get kicked. I think the same goes for a melee kill too.

Ironclad

Hey Nutter, Ramirez, Prine. I didn't have my mic when I came on today because my mom was cleaning my room and it got "misplaced." :lol

Luckilly I was able to find it unharmed. You bastards were making fun of me for playing without a mic. :(

Top Bottom