• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

hgplayer1

:lol @
12v%20cordless%20drill.gif

duderon said:
Everyone that's confused, refer to this link.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=61836022&player=duderon

50-14

The other team couldn't believe we didn't play together all the time and they asked if we did drills :lol! and practiced in the post game interview they gave us.

:lol

I guess that is better than the team of kids we beat like that who were all going "You must play together all the time, at least I have a life, why are you AT HOME playing games on a THURSDAY NIGHT" or whatever they were going on about.

So very bitter they were.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It was hilarious cause they were asking all sorts of questions after the game

"How do you guys get so good at this game? You guys do drills or something?"

:lol

Also, I've been playing way too much RE4. Last night was the first time playing Halo 2 in a long time, and I was expecting my shotgun to be fully reloaded after putting 2 shells in it...haha

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Mr. Lemming said:
I guess that is better than the team of kids we beat like that who were all going "You must play together all the time, at least I have a life, why are you AT HOME playing games on a THURSDAY NIGHT" or whatever they were going on about.

So very bitter they were.

Yeah, they were also under 17 so i should have played the "why the hell are you playing a mature game" card. Too late now :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
me and dopey just had the best run ever.

I made 17 and dopey made 16 inskirmish just now. woot!

now I can never play again.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
catfish said:

And nobody believes me that the 2 man parties are the best to play in ;P

Nutter

catfish said:

o_O. where are you guys when i want to play, :(

Kinda sad that after being one of the first of GAF(friends and clan)(wario got 16) to reach 15 i am now stuck on 14.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
iD0pRimE said:
o_O. where are you guys when i want to play, :(

Kinda sad that after being the first one out of GAF(friends and clan) to reach 15 i am now stuck on 14.

ya just need a hotstreak. they come along, we got matched with some decent team mates as well.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
What's everyone's level in Big Team Battle? I could be wrong but it seems to be fairly difficult to advance in it due to the hit-or-miss abilities of your teammates. Right now, I'm stuck at 11 and have been for weeks.

Nutter

Minotauro said:
What's everyone's level in Big Team Battle? I could be wrong but it seems to be fairly difficult to advance in it due to the hit-or-miss abilities of your teammates. Right now, I'm stuck at 11 and have been for weeks.

I am lvl 11 as well, but that is mostly because i dont play big team battle that much.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I made 13 in BTB, but I almost never play it due to it's sucky lag fest.

I've said it a million times and I always say it when we go in for a big team battle. Bungie needs to put a medium team battle option. 6 players would be good.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I was level 11 in Big Team Battle but last night I dropped to 10 after the other team dummy glitched and my incompetent teammates didn't know how to take out the warthog before it got to our base.

Oh joy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Right when me and dopeyfish got our level 17's and 16's respectively, the very next game we got matched with a couple of level 13's and they said "A LEVEL 16 and A LEVEL 17, SHIT GLAD THEY'RE ON MY TEAM"

I think we got owned :lol

I find the best way to keep a level if you are playing well is to immediately change mode when you lose 1 game. Only one, that usually means I'm on a downward slide, once you get in a bit of a funk, you just start doing dumb stuff and it seems like bungie realises and spawns you in front of a sniper on purpose. 3 TIMES IN A ROW.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I sent this to bungie.

Hi Bungie webmaster guy

This probably isn't the right place to send it, but maybe you could pass it on. Halo 2 badly needs a "Medium team battle" Option. Big Team battle is usually WAY to laggy. 6 on 6 usuallly not to bad.

Some other suggestions
1. Less coagulation! (Or better still none) especially for Team Skirmish. The battles I play usually go like this. Race for the rocket launcher, whoever wins that race destroys all the vehicles, then its a walk and get sniped fest. If one team gets both snipers, then it's all over. And it's so far to walk! destructible vehicles don't really work to well on this level (or maybe the respawn for vehicles could be lowered?)

2. Put a mode in with no sniper rifles at all. ESPECIALLY on Collossus. The person that gets that rifle (esp at higher levels) totally dominates the level making it nearly impossible. If they get that thing back to their base you can pretty much forget getting their flag (obviously it can be done, but it unbalances the level badly)

Thanks. Awesome game.

DopeyFish

I loved that bomb plant i did last night.

We were beaver creek, neutral bomb... something we normally win... right? Not this time.

We were getting absolutely crushed. Most 1 on 1 battles we lost, they planted, the bomb guy could never hide, the sniper was giving us headaches... with 30 seconds to go, we said "screw it! let's all rush teleporter!" Everyone dies but me, I get the bomb, plant... bomb armed! bomb planted! *looks at time left*...

2 seconds ;) At least we got the tie, it looked like a complete collapse of everything logical there :p

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
I loved that bomb plant i did last night.

We were beaver creek, neutral bomb... something we normally win... right? Not this time.

We were getting absolutely crushed. Most 1 on 1 battles we lost, they planted, the bomb guy could never hide, the sniper was giving us headaches... with 30 seconds to go, we said "screw it! let's all rush teleporter!" Everyone dies but me, I get the bomb, plant... bomb armed! bomb planted! *looks at time left*...

2 seconds ;) At least we got the tie, it looked like a complete collapse of everything logical there :p

That was great, my flatmates all started uploading shit on bittorrent, and my connection dropped waay into the red, I didn't even know we had the bomb and then BOMB PLANTED BOMB ARMED GAME OVER. I was all "shit, a tie, sweet" I had actually run away to stop the uploads and came back with 10 seconds left thinking "god damn it we're boned".

Nutter

Remember what i said of not being able to start a winning streak. Because of people leaving.

Well just a little while ago; ME and Rameriz were playing team skirmish We win the first 2 games and start the third and guess what, a guy quits and we lose. :( Same thing happens the next game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
apparently lag cheating is a thing of the past, somebody dropped on the team I was playing against and I heard the other team talking, one guy said "he was probably trying to lag cheat, he doesn't know you can't do that anymore"

any truth to this? I haven't been lag cheated in a couple of weeks I don't think. We got dummy glitched against a team we could have tied/beaten though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
anyone gonna be on in 1 hour?

I need to boost my TS rank. god all my stats are at the very bottom of the level they are at. ALL OF THEM.

Living on the edge. YEAH. I'm only venturing into Team skirmish land if I'm feeling good.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I can be on in about an hour. I don't know about just the two of us, though. I don't have that much faith in matchmaking.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
duderon said:
I can be on in about an hour. I don't know about just the two of us, though. I don't have that much faith in matchmaking.

well lets see what happens and hit the training for a warm up....

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO DUDERON.

matched with 3 quitters in a row. Bye bye 17. I tasted the sweetness but now it's gone. :(

DopeyFish

i agree with catfish, the sniper needs to go bye bye

In ascension they got the snipers first and we were getting owned for the sake

and then the snipers respawn and they have like 3 snipers on their team and it was getting really annoying.

When i was finally able to get my hands on a sniper rifle... I absolutely crushed the other team (like 8 kills in :45 seconds) but it still wasn't enough... Games where you have to control weapons to survive is absolutely RETARDED.

Oh and whose bright idea was it to put coagulation in team slayer... and not have the sniper rifles respawn... unlike the other maps like ascension and whatnot?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I hate ascension getting to that low sniper end if they are controlling it well with a sniper and rockets is just ridiculous. If that banshee is flying around as well, forget it. I had the worst run ever on Halo yesterday. right after my best run ever the day before :( got something like 6 kills and 16 deaths on colossus. fucking sniper and if it wasn't that it was spawning in viewing distance of the guy with the plasma pistol/battle rifle combo.

Top Bottom