• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
going to be interesting to see how quickly matches on foundation are over with the more powerful grenades....

After the AU is released, will the Halo 2 leaderboards be reset?

Yes, though not immediately. Our current plans are to reset the existing leaderboards within the next few weeks, once the AU and the first wave of maps has been released. We can't yet say with 100% certainty when that date will be, but we will give as much notice as possible once we have a confirmed date. For now, plan on this happening within a few weeks.
WOOO hear that everyone? I'm going to go and play a shit load of matchmaking and get cheated on now. whos up for some of that?

catfish said:
WOOO hear that everyone? I'm going to go and play a shit load of matchmaking and get cheated on now. whos up for some of that?

As soon as I finish up this work I need to finish tonight, I'll jump on. Screw waking up refreshed and rested for work tomorrow morning!

hgplayer1

wow BTB was so good about a week ago and I fell in love with that mode all over again. the last 4 days or say have been hell though. I cant get on a decent team to save my life. just got done with a multibomb game on Coag, which I dont think Ive seen in the 2 weeks Ive been back in BTB, and people were acting like they didnt even understand that we had a bomb to move. I moved it all the way to just outside the other teams base on foot and even killed a guy on the way, yet I had absolutely no help even when I was close to the base. its not like we had anybody on D. near the end of the game we got a new hog and this guy was honking for people to get in so I jump in the turret and he goes, hey bomb guy get in the passenger side, only there was no bomb guy. this one guy came straight from the top of our base and jumped in the passenger seat totally ignoring the bomb.

in a one flag game on water works half our team didnt even realize we were on offense to start the game and they remained at the base for most of our first round. didnt help that the other team used standby the rest of the game. but we knew it was coming since two of their guys had gamertags like ISuckAtStandy and T3Standby. time to go back to either TS or Ninja Gaiden I suppose.

hgplayer1

FiRez said:
You love lag, didn't you?

Id say about 85-90% of the BTB games Ive played in the last couple weeks worked very well as far as lag is concerned. Im not sure how much lag youre willing to tolerate but I can stand anything that doesnt involve warping players. you can almost always tell when a BTB game is going to lag anyway because the set up will take longer than normal.

FiRez

hgplayer1 said:
Id say about 85-90% of the BTB games Ive played in the last couple weeks worked very well as far as lag is concerned. Im not sure how much lag youre willing to tolerate but I can stand anything that doesnt involve warping players. you can almost always tell when a BTB game is going to lag anyway because the set up will take longer than normal.

i think I need to check that mode again

Nutter

Donkey so any ideas for the clan name?

Me, HG and Cerrius made a clan called "HAHA killers" for one game and it was fun.

*we would kill a guy; go to his/her corpse and start laughing. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
iD0pRimE said:
Donkey so any ideas for the clan name?

Me, HG and Cerrius made a clan called "HAHA killers" for one game and it was fun.

*we would kill a guy; go to his/her corpse and start laughing. :lol

Haha killers is funny. sign me up! as long as cerrius doesn't keep ditching us in matchmaking.....

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
TJ Bennett said:
Team Jesus > Jimmy Woods > HaHa Killers

Who and what the fuck is jimmy woods? the haha killers will laugh while we teabag your sword-scarred corpse bennet!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
wow that neverending custom game me, hg, opivy, and Dtm played was the most fun I've had on Halo 2 in a while! great game tonight guys

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Cerrius said:
wow that neverending custom game me, hg, opivy, and Dtm played was the most fun I've had on Halo 2 in a while! great game tonight guys

that was fun. you were hiden for so god damned long :lol

we had some strange occurances tonight, at least i did. somehow, i managed to get a suicide while using the sword :)lol wtf!?).

player1 fired a rocket at me on burial grounds when i was in the ghost. he missed, and i ran his ass over. then a few seconds later, i got nailed from behind by his rocket! :lol. i know that shit tracks and all, and i've seen simialr stuff happen with the banshee, but god damn, i would have loved to have seen how this rockt turned around and came back to blow me up without hitting anything. must have looked absolutely rediculous! :lol

I'll be on if my headache goes away and my town isn't burning down. There have been a suspiciously large number of sirens buzzing around the last hour or so.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
damn, I'm probably going to miss the first day patch goodness :( we should organise some custom games to get used to the new grenades/melee before hitting matchmaking......

I might be on for a little bit tonight pink. not long though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Desperado said:
SMG spawn IS NOT FUCKING BALANCED...ARGH

New grenades and melee should address this......

I got ripped on slayer on foundation the other day at the very start of the match I spawned in the same room as another guy, he was just in front of me and got the second smg right away.

My grenade didn't detonate till i was well screwed. :(

Desperado

catfish said:
New grenades and melee should address this......

I got ripped on slayer on foundation the other day at the very start of the match I spawned in the same room as another guy, he was just in front of me and got the second smg right away.

My grenade didn't detonate till i was well screwed. :(

Wow I almost forgot about the autoupdate in lieu of our losing streak tonight...Ivory tower- I'm under BR by OS ramp and I go to pick up the PR on the steps by the airlift...some guy ends up there at the same time from the other way and picks it up....no chance for me to do anything. =(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
hopefully now you will be able to take him down with a melee and smg fire. should be interesting. at least get an even by tossing a grenade.

God I can't wait for this. I'm anticipating a stats reset as well.

number386

Desperado said:
Wow I almost forgot about the autoupdate in lieu of our losing streak tonight...Ivory tower- I'm under BR by OS ramp and I go to pick up the PR on the steps by the airlift...some guy ends up there at the same time from the other way and picks it up....no chance for me to do anything. =(

I didn't know you posted at GAF, I'm lancelet pink
:lol

catfish said:
damn, I'm probably going to miss the first day patch goodness :( we should organise some custom games to get used to the new grenades/melee before hitting matchmaking......

I might be on for a little bit tonight pink. not long though.

I'm all done for the night catch you next time.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
WTF guys. stop leaving the clan.

Well me and nutter left because nobody played anyway. And I kicked cerrius cause I was pissed when he dropped on purpose right at the start of a matchmaking game on Sniper Rape Ascenscion or however you spell that. Ramirez left cause we never played and Duderon got drafted by scoot and bennet.

Me and nutter were going to make another clan and send invites and then we had naming issues......

Nutter

When more then 3 people are on in Neo GAF; send me an invite and ill join again.

For now though i think i am content with

"MIND GAMES GAF"

PS: Anyone wanna play?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
there was 5 people online earlier. we were trying to play major clanmatches but no one was doing any it seemed.... so we ended up playing big team battle instead

cochese

I'll be returning tomorrow also (for real this time). Esepecialy since it seems my cable provider have finaly fixed things. :D

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
TJ Bennett said:
What time will everyone be on Monday? I plan on a long healthy day of Halo 2 to frolock in the goodness of the auto update.

i'll be on around 11 or 12 at night. I might check for the update earlier, though :)

LukeSmith

If you are getting all excited for matchmaking, get ready to put the game away.

New cheats will emerge and be as abused as the ones that have been in the game since Day 1.
Remember, people started standbying tons in what, late November, early-December? And it's just NOW getting fixed?

Enjoy your matchmaking.

Kustomz4lyfe

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Scoot said:

New cheats will emerge and be as abused as the ones that have been in the game since Day 1.
Remember, people started standbying tons in what, late November, early-December? And it's just NOW getting fixed?

Enjoy your matchmaking.

Kustomz4lyfe

But I'm soooo leet i'm getting teh level 50 OMGOGREWTF!!!?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Scoot said:

Enjoy your matchmaking.

Kustomz4lyfe

What an exciting life he's leading

strikeselect

I'm not joining Nutter and Donkey's spin off GAF clan. Good luck getting the clan together :lol
Oh and if Donkey joins Neo GAF again, I'm making him a peon. :)

Neo GAF 4 lyfe yo

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Cerrius said:
Oh and if Donkey joins Neo GAF again, I'm making him a peon. :)

You should further punish me by acting like a wanker in matchmaking, playing music and dropping on purpose.

OH WAIT.

strikeselect

catfish said:
You should further punish me by acting like a wanker in matchmaking, playing music and dropping on purpose.

OH WAIT.

Boohoo, stop playing music it hurts my fragile ears! :lol
You're the one who sits through it.
If you don't want to play with me, grow some balls and tell me you're leaving because of (so and so reason) instead of sitting there like a little hoe with your tail tucked between your legs.

Neo GAF members:

Cerrius

No one else.

To the death. :D

Ramirez

If you don't want to play with me, grow some balls and tell me you're leaving because of (so and so reason) instead of sitting there like a little hoe with your tail tucked between your legs.

Well them starting a new clan is a pretty good indication of them "growing some balls" I guess :lol

strikeselect

Ramirez said:
Well them starting a new clan is a pretty good indication of them "growing some balls" I guess :lol

Nah, Donkey still doesn't have the balls to say anything to me when he doesn't want to play with me. Starting a new clan is more like running away while crying about the "big bad bully" that was picking on him. :lol

Top Bottom