• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Damn I wish I was there to slash you in the back before you could get it :(
:lol
i would have taken dude down, but he was on my team. :p

edit:: dothemario ill send you an friend request when i get on. (NutterIsAFK)

Ramirez

No no,I woulda slashed him even if I was on his team!He was all giddy one night when he was about to get a Rampage,he runs out in front of me,I go to slash someone with the sword and his body falls limp in front of me :lol

Nutter

Ramirez said:
No no,I woulda slashed him even if I was on his team!He was all giddy one night when he was about to get a Rampage,he runs out in front of me,I go to slash someone with the sword and his body falls limp in front of me :lol

:lol :lol
I was hoping someone from donkey's team would just somehow get lucky and kill duderon. ;)

Anywho, who's up for some games tonight, or later this afternoon(for me atleast)

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:

I think I actually peed my pants when that happened.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
duderon said:
Overkill :D

I'm sure your mates loved it donkey :)

:lol

Apex's guest, who has never played online before Kept yelling "WHO THE FUCK IS DUN-DER-ON" :lol dumbass

I'll tell you who loved it, that guy called "That was whack" or something on your team, he was worshipping at the altar of duderon all night :lol I didn't have the heart to tell him my three friends don't have broadband and we were all playing on half a screen. That said, I COULDN'T FUCKING KILL YOU. grrrrr.

Fucking half screen is whack. that's whats whack.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=136100933&player=Donkey69

heres that sword whore in action!

Oh nutter and Pink, I got cheated back to level 14 in slayer after that match on colossus. GOOD TIMES

Speaking of cheating, it seems the Autoupdate will be out any day now:

Untold Millions ask,
WHEN ARE THE CHEAT FIXES GOING TO BE DONE?!!!?

The fixes and enhancements included in our next autoupdate are finally done, from our side at least. That means all the code has been handed off to Microsoft certification, where it will be tested for various issues. Certification applies a huge matrix of tests to the code, checking it for crash bugs, verifying that it follows a bunch of standards, even making sure that terminology matches the MS standards. They make sure that the code works on every iteration of the Xbox hardware (there have been a couple of hardware revisions over the years) and they report back to us if they find any problems. We can tell you that so far, they haven't.

This process usually takes between a week and two weeks. As soon as it makes it through certification, we will make it available, possibly even that same day. That means that you'll log onto Xbox Live and see the autoupdate message. It's a relatively small file, so it should only take a few moments to download. After that you'll be able to enjoy the game with dramatic improvements designed to dissuade, deter and defeat cheaters. You can read more about the fixes here: Ancient Weekly Update

Anyone else still playing (or planning to once the patch/new maps drop)? Me and DTM have had some great matches over the past few days, and it would rock if we could get a few more GAFers to party up with us.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Gen.Wedge said:
Anyone else still playing (or planning to once the patch/new maps drop)? Me and DTM have had some great matches over the past few days, and it would rock if we could get a few more GAFers to party up with us.

Yup wedge and I rock!!

We had a roll of like 7 team slayer wins in a row today, was great fun.

Ramirez

What habit?!

I'll be back...I have a paper I have to do today though.I had the game on like from midnight to 5 AM Saturday while playing WoW and I never saw anyone on :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Lancelet, Nutter we gotta hit up Team Slayer again soon! I lost my 17 when I played with PRINE the other day :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Cerrius said:
Lancelet, Nutter we gotta hit up Team Slayer again soon! I lost my 17 when I played with PRINE the other day :D

Man I gotta play with you dudes more. Might not be on much between now and the end of next week though. It's my GFs last 2 weeks in the country. Can't see much quality Halo time happening between now and then.

Me and Apex (who lost his broadband and was rusty as) went and hit team slayer :lol I got bumped back down to 14 again :( The last match I lost was a lag cheat match as well....

number386

catfish said:
Man I gotta play with you dudes more. Might not be on much between now and the end of next week though. It's my GFs last 2 weeks in the country. Can't see much quality Halo time happening between now and then.

Me and Apex (who lost his broadband and was rusty as) went and hit team slayer :lol I got bumped back down to 14 again :( The last match I lost was a lag cheat match as well....

Tell me about it, I When I hit my 17 I got cheated on 4 times out of 15 games. =(

The last game i played as a 17 I was cheated on, and dropped back to 16 =(

Cerrius I might be on later tonight.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Hotshy2.gif

Hotshy > *

Ramirez

He makes a jumping snipe and he's greater than all!?!

When are you gonna be on so I can beat you down,it's been a week,I need to shapen back up!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
He makes a jumping snipe and he's greater than all!?!

When are you gonna be on so I can beat you down,it's been a week,I need to shapen back up!

ahh young one, so naive. I'll be on around midnight tonight :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
gonna be on in 1hr 10 mins pink? I'll be home then.

Oh, Ramirez is always offline. Even when hes online :D

Notice that all the really high ranked halo dudes have sod all matchmaking games logged. Weird. Also, hope they really do do a stats wipe once the cheating is fixed. Would love to know how I do from scratch with no cheaters.

Flying Llama said:
so where is everyone???

all I see is:

I was on right after The Office was over, but no one else was around it seems so I went to bed early for once.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Also if anyone is around a level 16 and wants to Level DOWN I can probably help you out :D I figured out I'm terrible at ascension. like, spaz terrible. I fucking rock on midship though.

I had such an awesome experience last night. Classic CTF on Midship 4v4. Running the flag back across the middle, getting excellent support from my teammates but still taking a lot of fire... our flag is stolen, but i do eventually get back to our base only to come face to face with a sword guy. Needless to say, this wasn't good. So I did the only thing I could possibly do, beat the sword guy to death with the flag. The very second I killed him, our flag was returned. So essentially I killed a sword with the flag for the win :)

FiRez said:
BTW the patch for the cheats is supposed to come out tomorrow....right?

Last friday, the word was that the patch is in certification and that process normally takes a week or two to complete, provided there are no complications. So it is possible it could come out tomorrow but nothing definite has been said.

FiRez

I'm waiting badly for that patch because all my friends only like Team skirmish (they love to get stand byed) but I'm more into Slayer and I can only play Rumble training (but isn't fun to not level up or just play with unknow people).

Just in case people like reading into random quotes:

Stay tuned next week for a super special edition of the Humpday Challenge. It will be played here in the studio, face-to-face with our opponents, on new maps!

Does this mean new maps next week? Or is it just a preview of said new maps?

Also the Neutral Flag CTF with Snipers on Colossus (sounds like playing Clue) they did in the challenge sounds pretty fun.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mr. Lemming said:
Just in case people like reading into random quotes:

Does this mean new maps next week? Or is it just a preview of said new maps?

i think the fact that the games are going to be played locally at the bungie studio, shows that they wont be released by that time.

didnt bungie say end of april?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
op_ivy said:
i think the fact that the games are going to be played locally at the bungie studio, shows that they wont be released by that time.

Yeah that's what i got from it. The patch could be anyday now, though..

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
omgwtflolbbq autoupdate on monday!!!!!

Angry Trillions ask,

When does the Freakin' Autoupdate Come Out!!?

Well you'll still have to wait. TIL' MONDAY! Yep, the Autoupdate will be available on Monday April 18th, to fix cheats, bugs, glitches and gasp – tweak some important weapon balance issues. Next time you log in after it's available (it'll be spread out to mitigate server loads) you'll get a message alerting you to its presence. Don't worry if you don't see it first thing Monday morning, it'll show up in your neighborhood eventually.

Melee Damage

Melee damage has been increased across the board as a counter measure of sorts to close-up dual wielding. Jumping strikes are now much more powerful, often resulting in instant kills, while the general potency has been increased for normal melee attacks and the Brute Shot has been given a specific melee attack boost, in recognition of the fact that it has a huge scythe attached to it. This actually makes the Brute Shot a go-to weapon in a lot of new situations.

Examples of the increase in power include one-hit kills from many jumping strikes, two-hit kills from the Brute Shot melee attack, and far more power on torso and head strikes from all other weapons.

Grenades

Grenade attacks will be one of the most significant changes for the 1.1 version of Halo 2. In many ways, the new grenade balance is a reflection of the way we really wanted them to be. Grenades were not only weakened in the previous iteration, they didn't address the balance difference between a grenade-throwing player and a dual-wielding attacker.

A common complaint amongst critics (and Bungie employees!) was that grenades felt very weak and often simply ensured that a player would be hurt rather than killed. Some unfortunate side effects of this, apart from a difference in "feel" between Halo CE and Halo 2 were unpredictable damage and difficulty making accurate, long distance throws have any significant impact. The grenades, both plasma and human, have been improved in a number of ways and are significantly more powerful.

The fuse timer has been SHORTENED on the Frag and Plasma Grenade to increase their value in combat and in last-ditch efforts to defeat an attacker. In most instances, this new fuse timing will reduce the harm they cause when accidentally tossed at the start of a new round. The shortened fuse also makes using grenades for attacks slightly more predictable and accurate.

The damage caused by plasma grenades (frag grenade power is increased slightly) is significantly increased. In testing, we found that players equated it with the type of damage caused in Halo 1. A plasma grenade detonating at a player's feet will likely kill that player outright, even with full shields. The shortened fuse and small damage-boost on the frag grenade means that a well-thrown 'nade is more dangerous.

We feel that this, more than almost all the other changes will be noticed, and incorporated into the widest range of player skill. The grenade goes from being a dangerous distraction to a potent, flexible weapon and will change the balance of Slayer and objective-based games dramatically. We expect to see a lot of criticism initially, as we understand folks are used to playing one way – but long term testing has shown that it improves the experience in the vast majority of maps and game types.

Plasma "sticks" will continue to be utterly deadly. And note that there is a knock-on effect to Brute Shot ammo from the power increase on frag grenades. It's subtle but enhances the Brute Shot nonetheless.

Magnum

Magnum bullet damage has been slightly reduced to emphasize accurate headshots over a simple dual wielding combo. The auto-accuracy of the Magnum has also been toned down slightly when dual wielding.

SMG

Other slight reductions include the softening of the Plasma Rifle and SMG combo, to bring it in line with other combos. Experts will notice the difference.

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
I will be back with fury come Monday and the autoupdate. I am absolutely thrilled with the changes they mentioned in today's update. I'm a huge fan of the changes to grenades. Nice that they are making melees more powerful as well and the Brute Shot might actually be worth a damn now. I expect many GAFers to be on Monday to celebrate this historic day in gaming.

op_ivy said:

To be fair, there are only 2 weeks left in April. I'm figuring they need to get over the server load from the autoupdate, and make sure its working fine everywhere before they start offering the maps.

Ramirez

Am I missing something,where did Scoot hate on you Dude? :lol

I'd hate to see your puppy love relationship with each other fall apart :D

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
Am I missing something,where did Scoot hate on you Dude? :lol

I'd hate to see your puppy love relationship with each other fall apart :D

When the fuck are you getting on again dude? 2v2 matchmaking all the way :)

Top Bottom