• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Fifty

Yeah, we did awesome. That last minute-tie of theirs at the end of the final game still pisses me off though.. Oh well, I don't feel that bad because the people I played with today helped the clan get at least 6 more wins.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Tommorow I get home at 1 CST, and should have the single player finished pretty damn quickly.. at that point on Im taking the phone off the hook, getting onto Xbox Live and settling in for the weekend.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
urgh. I got punked this morning. started playing an awesome team slayer about 8 hours ago got half way in, doing pretty good and my taxi came :(. there was 3 teams on lockout.

Sorry teammates. hope you won.

Clan is effectively full until Sunday or Monday when I am canceling any outstanding clan invites and am going to start inviting people based on when they put their name in this thread. In the meantime, add some people from the list on the first page to your friend's list, especially people who have been posting a lot in this thread, as they will most likely be on and playing with other people.

Clan page for leaderboard standings and members and such is on the first page of this thread. You can also do a stats search on bungie.net for Gaming Age.

As far as I know people are still playing, though I might have broken up the game when I left as I was the leader and I know people leave during the reconnect sequence for some reason.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Ramirez said:
The football crew+Wario and Reisadan just got done running shit in some clan matches :p

Sorry I couldn't join you guys...I was just getting to a checkpoint in the campaign before stopping for the night.

Am I the only one who's been playing mainly in the training grounds section? I want to learn more of the specifics of each match and mode before moving on to tracked contests entirely.

I'm already in a clan, but if any GAF regulars want to add me to their friends list that'd be great! The nick is McGuinea. I already have a bunch of you on my friends list, but I'm still missing a number of you.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
I want in on the GAF clan - I am tired of playing with random stupid people in 3 min games then waiting to play again.

how do I make this happen?

Gamertag is Gash Prex

Rorschach

Mr. Lemming said:
Clan is effectively full until Sunday or Monday when I am canceling any outstanding clan invites and am going to start inviting people based on when they put their name in this thread.
Well, if there's any room left after that, add me (r0rschach). :(

I posted earlier in this thread, but I thought it was definitely full.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Burger said:
Hey OpIvy, good game of Juggernaut don't you think ?? With the olympic sprinter and all :)

god, it sucked!

i early on figured that it didnt take all that much effort to bring him down if you had an overcharged plasma pistol and smg, the problem is, i'd hit him with the plasma and take out his shields, and because we had soooo many people on a small map, someone elses bullet (of the hundreds being shot) would inevitably kill him...

i did do something fucking crazy though... i was chasing someone up one of the ramps as the juggernaut with the sword. i locked on and did the lunge attack, and i guess due to the juggernaut's crazy spped, and the even faster dash, when i missed the guy i launched off the ramp and 100's of feet into the air clear passed the map and fell to my death :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yes, especially when the game has such similar team colors... I'm starting to think I'm color blind.

If you can get everyone to agree on both an icon and colors then congratulations, but I think it will be an exercise in futility. We can't even agree on 4 teams of 4. Anyway, in non-team games, which are played occasionally, we would all be the same color, which loses some of the technicolor fun of FFA games.

*is not down with everyone in the clan having the same appearance*

Edit: Team King of the Hill on Foundation rocks very very much. The hill is actually defensible due to having cover, but at the same time the turrets can be used very effectively against anyone not prepared for them. 16 players IS a little much but it was still fun.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'd like to be in that clan...

Tried to join a game yesterday...but it was a clan game and I couldn't play. :p

Oh well, there was plenty of other ass waiting to be kicked.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ramirez said:
So whose gonna be up for some clan matches today?

I'll be online most of the late afternoon eastern time...

We should use the Tri Force icon, it'd be the ultimate sign of solidarity for the GAF community.

Plus it's probably easiest to see recognize from far away.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ghost said:
just played my first rumble pit game ( http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=medals&gameid=2347510&player=EtherealSpirit ) Lost cause of one damn suicide :-/ Do you only go up levels when you actually win?

You need to go read the stats thing on bungie. It's the length of a book..... but from memory, yes I think you do need to win... I'm not sure about rumble pit, but team games your team must win or you lose points. It's forgiving on lower levels < 7 I think.

Im 11 from 13 on head to head. I love that mode.

EDIT: I will not conform to a triforce logo sorry. I'm all for clan solidarity but I'm not going to use an over-rated triforce logo. I love my gold swirl far to much.

Another rant, some of the elites on blue team seem to have large red patches on them. fucked me right up a bunch of times.

I don't think you have to win actually. You gain points from people you beat and lose points to people who beat you. Your net gain or loss depends on however the ranking system is set up which I haven't put a lot of time into figuring out.

Ramirez

I hate head to heads,both of the 2 I've played has resulted in dudes hiding like pussies for most of the match.This isn't Splinter Cell damnit =\

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'll start playing online after Saturday.

I'm almost done the campaign and then it's safe to be online.

Tonight it's 16 player LAN. Good times.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ramirez said:
Unless I missed us,which I don't think I did,were not even in the top 1000 in Minor Clan Matches =\

we need to have 10 groups going tomorrow and do at least 30 minor clan matches each :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Opivy is THE force. lol. I may win half the time, but that's just because I don't see him playing. We'll end the match and I'll be like 25-15 and he'll be 22-3 :lol

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
catfish said:
You need to go read the stats thing on bungie. It's the length of a book..... but from memory, yes I think you do need to win... I'm not sure about rumble pit, but team games your team must win or you lose points. It's forgiving on lower levels < 7 I think.

Im 11 from 13 on head to head. I love that mode.

EDIT: I will not conform to a triforce logo sorry. I'm all for clan solidarity but I'm not going to use an over-rated triforce logo. I love my gold swirl far to much.

Another rant, some of the elites on blue team seem to have large red patches on them. fucked me right up a bunch of times.

AHHH i get it, to clarify for anyone who isnt sure

No you dont need to win, it calculates your experience Vs. All other players, so coming second means you make experience off of all the other players in the game minus some experience for losing to the winner, what you get/give from/to each player is determined by the difference between your levels, I think you can guess the rest, (for winning) if they are much lower you get much less, if they are much higher you get much more and (for losing) if they are higher you lose less and if you are higher you lose more.

And you cant lose experience untill you learn level 1, though even then you only lose 5% of what you should lose, 10% at level 2, 20% at level 3 and so on (its 5 or 10 every level) until level 15 and above when you will lose 100% of what you are supposed to.

So no pissing around after level 15 :D

btw good CTF game, sorry i didnt notice the blues had loads of drop outs, i should have switched teams when i joined.

AeroGod

THat was a long ass game of CTF, and even when it was 5 v 9 we were still holding you guys out. 61 kills, 11 flag saves, and 64 medals for myself. I loved it. 40% accuracy which is a high for me, and pretty good considering I took 3000 shots. Most of it was with a shotgun though, which aint hard to miss with :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I might play for a bit, but...I have to go back to work for 2 hours. AND work Tomorrow! Much death will be owed to the random folk of Le Village de Halo.

Pedigree Chum said:
So that was YOU? *shakes fist*

Dude you're a good challenge, I love battling you 1 on 1.
Yeah, we're evenly matched so it makes a great game. And we kept running into each other the whole time! It was like our only kills were each other! We'll have to be sure to play against each other more.

Top Bottom