• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Fifty

Ramirez, Aerogod and myself saw Dopey, Lemming, Cubsfan and someone else playing a clan game while we were on....Hope you did good, at least if you want our ranking to go up :D We were 4/5 in our games, which I thought was pretty damn good.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
fuck it. I am stuck out of town doing computer upgrades the entire weekend.....

I am so down for a game in about 56 hours from now! We need a clan ranking system. as in, who is good in the clan and who is just, well, in the clan. that way we don't go running into ranked games and farking our ranking even harder.

I suggest arranged games of say 8 (or more) and then everyone check out the stats, top 4 killers (and flag/bomb scorers) should group up and go play ranked.

Fifty

catfish said:
We need a clan ranking system. as in, who is good in the clan and who is just, well, in the clan. that way we don't go running into ranked games and farking our ranking even harder.

I totally agree. If we want to move up in the rankings that's the only way to do it....If we don't care about fucking up our ranking, then it doesn't matter. Then again......any 4 people could go on a hot streak or a cold streak and alter our rating dramatically....having 100 members (the max) is going to very hard to organize. The top clans are those who have very few members, because they know who they're going in with, and they are in control of their own destiny. I don't care either way...honestly...but if we want to improve our ranking that might be a good idea.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fifty said:
Ramirez, Aerogod and myself saw Dopey, Lemming, Cubsfan and someone else playing a clan game while we were on....Hope you did good, at least if you want our ranking to go up :D We were 4/5 in our games, which I thought was pretty damn good.

well... we won all the oddball games at least :p assault / ctf games on the other hand :s

DopeyFish said:
well... we won all the oddball games at least :p assault / ctf games on the other hand :s

And that game of assault at the end! :)

Edit: Zanzibar and Territories are what screwed us over. Everything else was either close (Neutral Assault on Midship) or we won (Oddball! Woo! and that game of Assault on Coag)

SKluck

Banned
Man, some times in the fray its hard to find the icons for the bomb/flag/whatever. Then while spinning trying to find it you are wasted.

Ramirez

I hate King of the Hill,it never seems balanced,the game always starts one team right near the Hill and in this case a fuckin Banshee,so we pretty much had no chance that game.

All I ask for is that we communicate more,its like some of you are afraid to talk :p

DopeyFish said:
I talk...

probably a little too much lol

You can never talk too much in Halo. During LAN games I sound like an auctioneer calling out enemy positions. Especially on Boarding Action in Halo CE. Red 5 Left moving down ladder to rocket room on Red 4 left! And so on.

I still need to get the whole hitting the white button thing down. I was talking half the time to everyone around me but not the team.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yeah whats the deal with the white button? i wanted to tell you lot in that last CTF game that id worked out the other team just went straight for the active camo every time but i didnt want to accidently blurt it out to them aswell, thats seems like a good tactic for getting the gate open by the way.

DopeyFish

Ghost said:
Yeah whats the deal with the white button? i wanted to tell you lot in that last CTF game that id worked out the other team just went straight for the active camo every time but i didnt want to accidently blurt it out to them aswell, thats seems like a good tactic for getting the gate open by the way.

it never seems to fail when we're on defense =[

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DopeyFish said:
I talk...

I think people talk too little. Unless people are forgetting to hit the white button...remember to hit the white button dudes!

Ghost said:

If you hit the white button it sends whatever you are saying to everyone on your team (Or all players in a FFA match), but everyone around you can still hear you. The little radio clicks denote what is being sent across the team channel.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
DopeyFish said:
it never seems to fail when we're on defense =[

Just get someone to leg it out there when the game starts.

Is it press white button then speak or hold white button, or toggle or what?

Fifty

Hold it. Hold the white button to talk to your team. If you're too far away from them and you don't hold white, they won't hear what you say, plus if you don't hold it, other people will hear you.

You just have to tap the button, a little radio click will sound, when you stop talking another radio click will sound to signify the channel closing.

The other team can hear you regardless of if you are doing team chat or not.

Fifty

SKluck said:
What? No. You press it once, talk, and it automatically shuts off.
Really? Well I do this just to be safe....in case it turns off automatically, and everyone can hear what I'm saying.

edit: Ok I guess I'm full of shit.

Just bought an Xbox. Just got my hands on Halo 2.

I WANT IN. ADD ME TO THE LIST. My UserTag or whatever is Sympel2. Send me an invite!

WOOOO.

You guys playing at all tonight?

*Noel Coward Parody

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
good tip for zanzibar, I always leg it to the camo when going in for the base and try and open the door, also, when you get the camo (and shotgun on the way there) it's a good idea to knock down the bridge first, so they hear the bridge, think you are coming that way, then you leg it in the right side of their base all invisible like. i can't count the amount of times I have dished a shotgun to the side of the head because there was a guy standing there waiting for me to come over the bridge.

if on defense, you can actually get to the camo before the offense does, you can grab the shotgun first from outfront between the 4 pillars and still make it, but you have to watch for vehicles coming through the wheel. (but the guy that fetches the rocket launcher should be able to kill it before it gets over)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Cant blame us for losing to those level 10 guys though, they were insane(ly good).

Shame about all the ties, we should have had that last game easy, throwing the flag out the window was a stroke of genius :D need more plans like that if all the 1 flag rounds are only gonna be 3 minutes (wonder if you can throw it out the gate on zanzibar)

Ghost said:
Cant blame us for losing to those level 10 guys though, they were insane(ly good).

I grabbed the flag out from under their noses! And eventually captured it too... boy that was a long fought battle...
They really weren't the best shots in the world either, their teamwork was super super coordinated though.

Edit: That last game... that jeep took like 3 sticky grenades AND was still going. I was sitting there and saw like everyone's player icons go to the red X thinking "Oh the jeep is gone good" but no... it ROSE FROM THE ASHES AND SLAMMED ME AND THE FLAG AGAINST THE WALL.

DopeyFish said:
I talk...

I do too, but only cause it seems like no one else does (I know that you talk quite a bit during matches though, which is good...you're one of the few exceptions).

novery

Mr. Lemming said:
The clan is effectively full. Sometime this weekend I will be canceling any outstanding clan invites, and will continue to invite people based on the order they posted in this thread.

Hey, I'd like to get on your list if possible, Mr. Lemming. I just got the game yesterday (it was released in Japan November 11).

gamertag: rp

Thanks!

Ghost said:

Shame about all the ties, we should have had that last game easy, throwing the flag out the window was a stroke of genius :D need more plans like that if all the 1 flag rounds are only gonna be 3 minutes (wonder if you can throw it out the gate on zanzibar)

Yes they were, holy fuck. And yes, some of the run/throw tactics were game savers for us, we need to do more of that shit.

Edit: That last game... that jeep took like 3 sticky grenades AND was still going. I was sitting there and saw like everyone's player icons go to the red X thinking "Oh the jeep is gone good" but no... it ROSE FROM THE ASHES AND SLAMMED ME AND THE FLAG AGAINST THE WALL.

That was one fucked up match, we were SO close to capturing it...fuck that hog just had to blindside us :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
SKluck said:
Zanzibar has a bridge? Where is the camo? WHAAAA?

I need to explore these maps more.
when on the beach on offense, take the steps up to the sea wall. keep going along it, you will run over a plama rifle, then a sniper rifle come to a shotgun by a double archway. you through there and jump over the rubbish skip thing, and then instead of continuing on to the base, go left up the little tower.up there is the camo and also up there is a bridge that sticks up in the air. you can shoot the support and it falls down (makes a large noise) and then you can run across it, right through the centre of the windmill and into the base. It's also an excellent (probably the best) escape with the flag.

Dunno if this all made sense but if you read it while walking around in a splitscreen offline game, you should see what I'm talking about.

Coop

Can someone tell me why I can't listen to voice messages...the only reason i can think of is because i dont have a headset. Also, how do you check new messages? Besides looking for that person on your list. Btw, im new to xbox live if you couldn't tell :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You can hear people through your tv if you set it to voice output speakers like Kuroyume said.

It really helps if you dont have a mic or if its busted like mine.

Fifty

Damn, I just checked and our clan ranking is almost down to level 6...instead of up to level 8.

Minor Clanmatch 82 games played // 34 wins

Major Clanmatch 30 games played // 16 wins.

Ramirez

Yea our minor is pathetic.

I don't think it's too much to ask of people to not play clan matches unless you have 2-3 really good people playing.It also helps if you've played with the people alot.

thom

I'm posting this again because it's just that badass.

Fight for the Pink team...resistence is futile.

lft7b

pink motherfuckin' team

AeroGod

Ramirez said:
Yea our minor is pathetic.

I don't think it's too much to ask of people to not play clan matches unless you have 2-3 really good people playing.It also helps if you've played with the people alot.

Me,you and shuri do pretty damn good I think

DopeyFish

we keep losing our grips on our minor clan battles

though the major ones we're starting to really kick major ass in (except territories! argh!)

Major rank: 129

Minor rank: > 1000

me, ivy, lemming, ramirez, skluck or sai have to do some matches together for sure. We really need to bring up our minor levels

Rorschach

I've noticed I'm about average in a lot of games, but no one can touch me in Classic and 1 side CTF and Territories. :D
I love it. I haven't tried any of the single player modes yet, though.

Truelize said:
I'll start playing online after Saturday.

I'm almost done the campaign and then it's safe to be online.

Tonight it's 16 player LAN. Good times.
Is your gamertag Truelize?

Top Bottom