• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
I was playing minor with a few people tonight and there were some awful, awful losses. No more of that please. I'll stick to when I have stronger teams.

SKluck

Banned
Oh good god. We aren't 7 any more, hell we are barely hanging on to a 6 rating in minor matches.

I'm not one to really care too much about rankings, but this is BAD.

im getting owned pretty hard in my kills/deaths ratio. wtf am i doing wrong? i will come up on a guy, both of us have full energy i assume (i know for a fact i do) and we both open fire but i get killed. or, i will be chasing a guy shooting him, and he will lose energy but not die. but it seems someone gets 2 shots in on me and im dead. any tips on how to play better? its making me mad! why do i die when i have better weapons and the same amount of energy? even when i seem to get people in the head they still take a few shots and get me after turning around

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im getting owned pretty hard in my kills/deaths ratio. wtf am i doing wrong? i will come up on a guy, both of us have full energy i assume (i know for a fact i do) and we both open fire but i get killed. or, i will be chasing a guy shooting him, and he will lose energy but not die. but it seems someone gets 2 shots in on me and im dead. any tips on how to play better? its making me mad! why do i die when i have better weapons and the same amount of energy? even when i seem to get people in the head they still take a few shots and get me after turning around

What weapons do you usually use?

i like to use the Dual machine guns (the starting weapon) and the assualt rifle (the one that does 3 burst shots and can zoon). sometimes i will double up with the needler or the covenant blue gun (the one that makes your hand burn if you shoot it too much) but they dont seem to help me at all

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i like to use the Dual machine guns (the starting weapon) and the assualt rifle (the one that does 3 burst shots and can zoon). sometimes i will double up with the needler or the covenant blue gun (the one that makes your hand burn if you shoot it too much) but they dont seem to help me at all

Some good combos: Plasma Pistol and SMG (kill the shields and then just pound them with bullets), Shotgun and Battle Rifle (short range and long range in one package) and Sword, Covenant Carbine (Awesome one hit kill at short range and really long lethal damage.) Also, aiming for the upper body, most specifically the head is really good to do. Melee attacks are also important, too.

no wonder dude... i've just been dual-wielding and holding both triggers down when i see someone (shooting both guns at the sametime) o_O

i will try out your method tomorrow. thanks for the advice

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
no wonder dude... i've just been dual-wielding and holding both triggers down when i see someone (shooting both guns at the sametime) o_O

Glad to help a fellow clan member out. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can someone give me driving lessons? :p I cant handle that damn warthog....I cry and bitch and make other people drive it :D

Nutter

Almost all the Clan matches i have played: we won.

We were i think 3 for 3 yesterday evening. ( dopey and co.) but had to leave. so i have no idea what went down afterwards.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Can someone give me driving lessons? :p I cant handle that damn warthog....I cry and bitch and make other people drive it :D
It's all practice, man. Make a room by yourself and drive it around obstacles and such :p
Also, remember: always press up on left analogue; steering is all right analog and drift on sharp turns.

I just got invited to a few clans right now...feels kinda rude to decline.:(

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
ouch, looks like we lost 6 minors in a row while i was sleeping.

Maybe we should get a couple of 8 player arranged matches going tonight and just practise the minor team playlist.

Anyone who wants to practise without the clan (or if no ones online) remember the team skirmish playlist is identical to the minor clan match one.

Edit: Apparently training ground is the same playlist too, so try that if you dont want to mess with your own rank.

Rorschach

Just spent the whole night on Halo 2 :p

Some cool matches and a bunch of clan invites, but it sucks going from server to server after only 1 round each. Also don't like it that I can't choose the map and/or game type when connecting to a server. The game itself is a blast, though.

BuddyC

FrenchMovieTheme said:

What I do, and what seems to work pretty well, is quite similar to Agent Dormer's setup, though I use a Needler in leiu of a Plasma Gun from time to time. I start firing the Covenant weapon, and after a second or two, I start firing the SMG.

thom

Matrix said:

It confuses most people that there are no accelerate/brake functions on the warthog.

Don't look at the warthog as "driving"

It controls similarly to the way a character would control in a 3rd person view so play it as such.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Has anyone tried jacking a teammate's ghost or banshee? Or is it even possible? It'd be like transporting another passenger

Ramirez

Here's some of my tips...

-If you are ever behind someone,don't shoot them,just keep running behind them until you can't get close enough to melee attack them in the back,instant kill.

-Dual SMGs,aim high and just unload on them,you have to be close though or these weapons are worthless.

-Don't use the Battle Rifle unless you are extremely good at aiming for the head,this gun takes way to long to kill someone if you don't hit them in the head consistently.

-I find that in team matches like CTF,it's sometimes good to find a hidden corner and just crouch down,that way you don't show up on their radar and you can surprise them.In that Assault game yesterday when we were outnumbered I just crouched down with the sword and waited on them to pick up the bomb and then attacked.

-Hitting the L button while in a Warthog will make it do a fast turn around,this is a good move to get down.

Thats bout all I have to add...one last thing,in Assault matches,don't leave the base if you're on defense,just wait on them,you know they're on the way,so why risk going out and not finding them...and last but definitely not least,COMMUNICATE!

As long as you are near the bomb/flag the respawn timer (The little bar under the icon) will not decrease. While picking up the objective will reset the timer, you do not need to run in and pick it up while under heavy fire if you are near it. Kill the people around the objective first, while staying near it. Contesting the objective will also reset the game timer to 5 seconds.

This is also true of initially getting the flag or bomb or whatever, there is no point in jumping into a group of 5 people just to pick up the flag for a few seconds. If you are vastly outpowered, stay off it until you get some reinforcements.

SKluck

Banned
Fire the plasma, let it cool down and fire the smg, run out of ammo and reload, fire the plasma, let it cool down.... etc

scarybore

Well, should there be any space left in the Clan after the weekend or if there is a GA reserves clan set up for the left overs :D I'm willing to give it a go. Gamertag is Wesker UK, say hi if you happen to shoot my head off with a shotgun. :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
me, ramirez, ck and wario64 played 10 minor matches and didn't lose a single one :) our level is pretty much the same as the major now

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DopeyFish said:
me, ramirez, ck and wario64 played 10 minor matches and didn't lose a single one :) our level is pretty much the same as the major now

Yeah we did well. Sorry for sucking. :lol I took care of the intangibles!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cubsfan23 said:
This game has shown me that food and sleep are overrated

:lol I was just telling a friend that.

InsecureKillah: Multiplayer is ricockulous
InsecureKillah: If I didn't have to work I'd be dead
InsecureKillah: I don't eat
InsecureKillah: I don't sleep
InsecureKillah: just play

Ramirez

Yea I'm glad school is over in like 2 weeks,cuz I know my grades will sooner or later take a hit from all this playin Im doin,hahaha.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yesterday I played 4 hours straight online....Ive never done anything like that before...sad thing is I didnt notice myself getting any better :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn we fucked shit up! Very fun too. Minor clan matches are a bit tougher...teamwork and communication really stand out in that mode. Hope we can do that again, very fun stuff

DopeyFish said:
scratch that, 1 more win and Gaming Age is level 8 in minor ;)

check out this ownage: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=stats&gameid=3495586&clan=Gaming Age

lol, they only had it for 4 seconds! I wished the game was longer, I was gonna grab a sniper rifle and go on a killing streak too

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
SKluck said:
Fire the plasma, let it cool down and fire the smg, run out of ammo and reload, fire the plasma, let it cool down.... etc

I disagree. if the person you are fighting lets them both off in your face at once, who is gonna win?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The plasma pistol + SMG has won me some victories in rumble pit. Do not underestime the plasma + smg combo...I actually fended myself from like 3 poeple in a row without recharging my shield

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
The plasma pistol + SMG has won me some victories in rumble pit. Do not underestime the plasma + smg combo...I actually fended myself from like 3 poeple in a row without recharging my shield

It's one of the best I think. but if you miss with the plasma charge and they are facing you, you're shafted.

smg and magnum is surprisingly lethal, better than dual smg I reckon. a bit harder to work though.

I still think the needler blows. it's only good from distance and battle rifle tops it easy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ya, when I get up some good "enlightenment" with the Battle Rifle, it is truly ownage.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
needler is good up close, as long as you're shooting as a group of people. Simply because the needles are distracting to see but their effects aren't instant. So in 1 on 1 firefights, it's not usually the best weapon to pick up.

I noticed I was added to the clan list earlier today, but I just checked Live and I haven't received a clan invite. When should I expect an invite? Am I looking in the wrong place? CAN'T WAIT.

*Noel Coward Parody

Chipopo

Banned
there was a huge shipping error with my game and it's still not here...please don't rescind my (Chipopo's) invite if it's at all possible. I'll understand if it's necessary though.

Top Bottom