• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Season 2 Rules:

1. This is a sim league. I expect sim ball... and not NFL sim ball. I don't care if you run 4 wides, 5 wides, spread offense or whatever. what i do care about is your RB having 22 catches, or your backup RB having 14 touchdowns in 1 game, or you beating an opponent 98-3. it was funny in the first season, but lets leave it at that.

2. don't run the score up a ridiculous amount. ok, 58-0 is fine. 114-3 is not fine. if you're up by 40 in the 4th, just start running the ball... please! a lot of the fun in leagues are the stats and when you do ridiculous things it kills the realism and no one likes that. it would be fine if we played human opponents every week but we dont.

3. if you are up by more than 30 points going into the 4th quarter, mass sub your 2nd team in. this goes whether you are playing the CPU or human. come on guys dont make this a big issue, just play legit.

that's all i have to say on the matter! like nike says... just do this!

You know I'm down FMT!

Ahh ok, will pick my team later. This online dynasty deal should help make a NCAA '10 purchase unnecessary!

no team picking yet. i was talking to DM and we should probably all do one "conference", so we don't play the CPU often. or, we can split it up with 3-3-3-3 per conference, or 4-4-4, the best way is probably to do 1 conference with all the human players, that way we play each other more!

1. fmt
2. dmczaf
3. shawn

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm in as of now.

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
I think this releases post MGS4, in which case, I'm in.

It comes out mid July, but we won't start the dynasty until we get a perfect custom roster and good sliders.

Only 2 more months until DMBall comes back into your wonderful life.

DMczaf

That's 10 so far.

Rors is 11.

So 1 spot left!

1290238604_175da9e6fc.jpg

while we wait for everyone with interest to post, let me post the conferences in college football and if everyone could chime in on how you want the league to run (all human players in 1 conference, 3 human players in 4 conferences, or 4 human players in 3 conferences) and which conferences you want to be involved:

ACC
Atlantic Division - Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, NC State, Wake Forest
Coastal Division - Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Virginia Tech

Big East
Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse and West Virginia, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida

Big Ten
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big XII
North - Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska
South - Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Conference USA
East - UAB, UCF, East Carolina, Marshall, Memphis, Southern Miss
West - Houston, Rice, SMU, UTEP, Tulane, Tulsa

MAC
East - Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami University, Ohio, Temple
West - Ball St, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

Mountain West
Air Force, BYU, Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, TCU, UNLV, Utah, Wyoming

PAC10
Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State

Sun Belt
Arkansas State, UL Lafayette, UL Monroe, MTSU, North Texas, Troy, Florida Atlantic, Florida International

SEC
Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

WAC
Boise State, Fresno State, Idaho, Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, Nevada, San Jose State, Utah State

i know some people in the league are big time college fans so i want to make sure it is enjoyable for everyone, but i really would like to have us all in the same conference. post opinions!

edit - the SEC looks pretty good to me for a couple reasons. i know a lot of the hardcore fans (lonestar) want a team in that conference, there are 12 teams, and there are no horribly rated teams out of the 12 so it would be fair!

eznark

Banned
I want to be in the league so I can beat FMT with what has to be his favorite college, Southern Miss. Wonder if they have a rocket armed gunslinger beloved by the entire country on their team this year?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yes, of course the SEC. Biasness aside, it's got at least a few great teams to chose from, and not just 1 or 2 ;P

But really, I have to assume it'll have some ability to perhaps group teams into a "fake conference" or something like that.

Rorschach

Like I said in the previous thread, I wanted the pac10 to be involved, but if bluemax isn't playing, that probably won't be possible. :[

Lonestar said:
But really, I have to assume it'll have some ability to perhaps group teams into a "fake conference" or something like that.
Yeah, haven't they cleared this up yet? You'd figure someone would have already asked them this question.

Mrbob

I say 4 teams in 3 conferences or preferably 3 human teams in 4 conferences.

College football is a bit different than pro football where you aren't necessarily all competing against the same championship. Sure there is the BCS Title game but in college football it is more about getting to a bowl game. When that bowl game hits we will more than likely be playing the CPU anyway since bowl games line up teams from different conferences to match up. Having 3 teams in 4 different conferences still allows for some competition while letting some still try to battle for a decent bowl game. Also, with some non conference games hopefully we can set it up where we can play another live player in the dynasty from a different conference.

I really don't care what team I use, but I know some are huge fans of college football and want a certain team. Having 4 conferences gives everyone a better chance of picking the team they really want so everyone is happy once the dynasty starts. Whichever conference I'm in I will take the worst team in the conference and try to build them up over time. :D

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
I say 4 teams in 3 conferences or preferably 3 human teams in 4 conferences.

College football is a bit different than pro football where you aren't necessarily all competing against the same championship. Sure there is the BCS Title game but in college football it is more about getting to a bowl game. When that bowl game hits we will more than likely be playing the CPU anyway since bowl games line up teams from different conferences to match up. Having 3 teams in 4 different conferences still allows for some competition while letting some still try to battle for a decent bowl game. Also, with some non conference games hopefully we can set it up where we can play another live player in the dynasty from a different conference.

I really don't care what team I use, but I know some are huge fans of college football and want a certain team. Having 4 conferences gives everyone a better chance of picking the team they really want so everyone is happy once the dynasty starts. Whichever conference I'm in I will take the worst team in the conference and try to build them up over time. :D

So basically you want the NCAA's Chicago Bears.

DCX

DCX
Count me in as a tenative choice right now. Depends on my cash flow situation in mid July. I would love to be in. It just sucks that as soon as Madden rolls around, no more NCAA :/

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would love to play as the Hokies in the ACC. However, multiple conferences would be a lot of fun. I am pretty much open to all suggestions.

If we do SEC, I could definitely play with Georgia or USC.

It just sucks that as soon as Madden rolls around, no more NCAA :/

if my original post had not been deleted (seriously wtf happened to it?) then you would realize that NCAA will be run over multiple seasons and last into 2009.

Can't we just do 6-6? Like 6 in the ACC and 6 in the SEC. They have a lot of bowl tie-ins together already and tend to play each other a lot during the season via rivalry games (FSU/Florida, GT/UGA, Clemson/USC). This way people aren't stuck with Vandy and/or Duke.

Andokuky

Banned
Well that's what's so awesome about a dynasty, getting "stuck" with Vandy or Duke won't be a bad thing for too long if you are any good. Have they said anything about how long the dynasties last? This question should probably go in one of the actual game threads.

ando they said they are replicating the single player dynasty feature-for-feature.... and doesn't SP dynasty last 100 years max? or is it still 30? i can't remember. rest assured we aren't playing 30 NCAA seasons in 1 real time year :lol

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ando they said they are replicating the single player dynasty feature-for-feature.... and doesn't SP dynasty last 100 years max? or is it still 30? i can't remember. rest assured we aren't playing 30 NCAA seasons in 1 real time year :lol

The SP Dynasty goes up to 60 years, and it'll be the same for the online one. As far as this league goes though, why not just open it up and let anybody pick whatever team they want in any conference? Most of them have four non-conference games anyway, so we could just schedule each other through that. That way we're still playing each other at a healthy pace and we're not always going crazy trying to plan games.

Another thing to keep in mind that I thought of earlier. If we only do one conference than there's virtually no chance two humans will play each other in the national championship game. Yes, yes, I know. It's the ESS EEE SEE! But I doubt that the game will see it that way and some computer controlled undefeated team will probably make it in over human guy #2, who probably just lost the SEC championship game.

so far i've got:

1. fmt
2. dmczaf
3. shawn
4. rors
5. mrbob
6. ramirez
7. gcquinton
8. livewire
9. lonestar
10. denogg
11. az
12. lukems
13. malley

p.s. as i said in my original post which disappeared, this is in no particular order, but vets will have preference of course

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm hoping JJ and Dammittmatt get in. True SEC fans...who hate the shit out of each others teams!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
so far i've got:

1. fmt
2. dmczaf
3. shawn
4. rors
5. mrbob
6. ramirez
7. gcquinton
8. livewire
9. lonestar
10. denogg
11. az
12. lukems
13. malley

p.s. as i said in my original post which disappeared, this is in no particular order, but vets will have preference of course

I just noticed this 8 days later,wtf am I? :lol

See Bob,I guess I shouldn't buy the game :p Fmt didn't even list me and I was the 2nd to reply after Shawn.

DMczaf

EA posted full details on pretty much everything about Online Dynasty

http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/dynasty.jsp

http://www.easports.com/downloads/easports/ncaa09/onlinedynasty/Dynasty_Headquarters.pdf

http://www.easports.com/downloads/easports/ncaa09/onlinedynasty/CreatingAnOnlineDynasty1.pdf

http://www.easports.com/downloads/easports/ncaa09/onlinedynasty/CreatingAnOnlineDynasty2.pdf

http://www.easports.com/downloads/easports/ncaa09/onlinedynasty/RunningTheOnlineDynastyAsCommiss.pdf

http://easports.com/downloads/easports/ncaa09/onlinedynasty/PlayingTheDynastyAsANonComis.pdf

Part Four: Running the Dynasty as a Commissioner
1. As the Commissioner it is your duty to keep the dynasty going. You are the only one that can advance a week/stage, add/remove teams, resolve conflicts, throw out game results, etc.

Pre-Season
2. In the Pre-season, each user is able to do their pre-season recruiting, redshirt their players, and edit their team’s depth chart. Only the commissioner has the ability to set the custom schedule and must do so for each team. As with offline dynasty, all of the conference games are locked, but the user does have the ability to edit non-conference games. If two members of the dynasty are not in the same conference but want to play each other during the season the commissioner will need to set the matchup in the Custom Schedules screen located in the Pre-Season Schedule.

3. Once the commissioner is ready to move into the regular season they can select “Advance to the regular season” from the team pane options in Dynasty Headquarters

4. After confirming that you do want to advance, the files for each of the members of the dynasty will be merged into the main dynasty file, and that new file will be uploaded to the server. Once that process is complete the commissioner will be in Week 1 of the dynasty and the other members will be able to download the latest dynasty file so they can begin Week 1 of the dynasty.

Regular Season
5. Once in the regular season all members of the Online Dynasty will be responsible for completing their recruiting for the week as well as completing their game (if they have one).

6. See the Dynasty Headquarters doc for information on what is displayed and how the Online Dynasty is run through this screen.

7. If you have a game vs. the CPU in the current week, you can access this game either through the Dynasty Headquarters screen or from the Weekly/Team schedule screen. Selecting the game will start you on the process of playing your game against the CPU. If you do not want to play the game but would rather sim the result you can do so from the Weekly/Team schedule screen.

8. After your game has been completed the results will be automatically uploaded to the server. You will not need to manually save or upload anything to get your game results to report. Once the game report is uploaded your Dynasty Headquarters screen will update to show the result of your game and you will notice that your game icon has gone from red to green and there is now one less total game result pending in the top right corner of the screen.

9. For recruiting, you have 10 hours of recruiting time per week. You can choose to complete all of your recruiting or just a portion of it and let the CPU simulate the rest once the week advances. In order to get your team icon to update from red to green you will either need to complete all 10 hours for the week.

10. The game results and the recruiting information are the two tasks that are tracked to determine if you are ready to advance or not. If a user does not have a game in the current week they will be considered as already complete for their game result.

11. Once the commissioner decides it’s time to advance the week they will go through the same process as when they advanced from the pre-season to the regular season. This process continues until the season ends and it’s time to advance to the off-season.

12. All other aspects of the dynasty function just like they do on the offline version. Users can access NCAA News to view storylines, see the Top 25 polls, check out conference standings, etc.

Off-Season
13. The off-season tasks are treated the same way as “weeks” during the regular season. Users will need to complete the current task. Then the commissioner will need to advance stages to the next task, and so forth.

14. The off-season recruiting contains 5 weeks of recruiting. Each of those weeks will function just like a “mini-stage” where the users will complete their recruiting and the commissioner will advance to the next week of off-season recruiting.

15. Once the last off-season task is complete the commissioner will be able to advance the Dynasty to the next year’s pre-season.

Managing the Online Dynasty Settings and Members
16. The commissioner is able to add/delete members at any point in the dynasty, change the settings, and retire the dynasty from the Online Dynasty Setup Menu off of the Online Dynasty Main Menu.

17. Editing the Dynasty House Settings will affect the settings for all users. Any changes
made will not take effect until the next week to ensure that all users are playing their current week’s game with the same settings.

18. The User Coaches and Teams screen allows the commissioner to add/remove members of the dynasty and change existing member’s teams with the same functionality that was used when initially creating the dynasty.

19. If the commissioner chooses to retire from the Online Dynasty it will end the dynasty for all users. The dynasty can be brought back to life by either the commissioner or another member of the dynasty as long as they have a copy of the dynasty file saved on their local console. Whichever user chooses to bring the dynasty back to life will take over as the commissioner and invitations will need to be resent to the other users.

Andokuky

Banned
Wow, sounds incredible. I wonder why this is so in depth and hardcore user friendly while Madden's leagues (from what they have said thus far) sound very limited in customization options and catered to casual online gamers.

Top Bottom